Obama’s ambassador states that some forms of anti-Semitism are acceptable

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Obama’s ambassador states that some forms of anti-Semitism are acceptable

The US Ambassador to Belgium, Howard Gutman, finds himself under fire this morning for comments he made about the roots of some Muslim anti-Semitism, comments from which the White House distanced itself.

Yedioth Ahronoth, an Israeli newspaper, reported Friday that Gutman told a Jewish conference on anti-Semitism organized by the European Jewish Union that — as the newspaper described it — “a distinction should be made between traditional anti-Semitism, which should be condemned and Muslim hatred for Jews, which stems from the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.”

According to the prepared remarks of his speech, Gutman distinguished between “anti-Semitism, of hatred and violence against Jews, from a small sector of the population who hate others who may be different or perceived to be different, largely for the sake of hating” from what he perceived to be a different phenomenon tied to Israeli policies.

US Ambassador Under Fire for Comments on Anti-Semitism* - ABC News

Gutman, a lawyer by profession, was appointed ambassador to Belgium after raising major funds for Obama’s 2008 elections campaign.

I think Muslims hate just for the sake of hating. I can't think of anybody they don't hate.

I hope no one thinks Gutman was simply speaking on his own. On the contrary, his views represent the real view of the Obama Administration, that the real impediment to peace in the Middle East is Israel. Thus Muslim hatred for Jews is OK because it is in a good cause and righteous.
Why any Jew would continue to support Obama is beyond me. It requires a suspension not only of disbelief but brain function.

I think Muslims hate just for the sake of hating. I can't think of anybody they don't hate.

Referring to a 13 year old child who was beaten up, instead of calling it hate he called it a phenomenon which was different from bigotry.

While underlining that “no Jewish student – and no Muslim student or student of any heritage or religion – should ever feel intimidated on a University campus for their heritage or religion leading to academic leaders quitting in protest,” Gutman said that this phenomenon “is in my opinion different in many respects than the classic bigotry…It is more complex and requiring much more thought and analysis. This second form of what is labeled ‘growing anti-Semitism’ produces strange phenomena and results.”

Forum List

Back