Obama's Abuse of Power

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Herman Cain, my favorite of the candidates this year, wrote this list of Obama's most egregious abuses of power. These are all facts that he's laid out. From Obama's tricks to help unions by forcing companies to give out personal information about employees to his ability to spy on citizens, it reminds us of what kind of person he is.

Remember when Democrats, including a certain senator named Barack Obama, used to scream that President George W. Bush was abusing his executive powers?

Those were the good old days!

Since becoming president, Obama has turned the abuse of executive power into a high art form – especially since Republicans took control of the House of Representatives and rendered him incapable of getting the most extreme elements of his left-wing agenda through Congress.

Obama is especially brazen in his use of executive orders, and most astonishingly, he makes no bones about the fact that he does so – telling a gathering in Las Vegas last October, “We can’t wait for an increasingly dysfunctional Congress to do its job. Where they won’t act, I will.”

In Obamaspeak, “dysfunctional” is a euphemism for “won’t give me everything I want.” So what are the big emergencies that require Obama to act on his own without congressional approval? Here are nine of the most egregious examples:

Abuse of Power
Abuse of Power

Last edited:
Herman Cain, my favorite of the candidates this year, wrote this list of Obama's most egregious abuses of power.

Herman Cain? You’ve got to be kidding.

And how long has Cain been a Federal judge? In what case has any Federal judge ruled Obama engaged in ‘abuse of power’?

Herman Cain, my favorite of the candidates this year, wrote this list of Obama's most egregious abuses of power.

Herman Cain? You’ve got to be kidding.

And how long has Cain been a Federal judge? In what case has any Federal judge ruled Obama engaged in ‘abuse of power’?

Power can be abused and still be technically legal apparently. I don't trust him one iota.

Are you okay with the IRS harassing opponents and asking for information they have no business requesting for tax purposes?

Are you okay with so many executive orders because congress, both sides, don't agree with what Obama wants?

Are you okay with government forcing companies to comply with unreasonable demands from unions, such as wanting the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of employees who don't want to go union?

Are you okay with government rules that forced Boeing to build their factory in Washington so it could hire union workers?

Are you okay with government forcing companies to reveal campaign contributions when bidding for government jobs?

Why is Obama so insistent on finding out people's political affiliation and what will be done with this information? It's like he's making an enemy list for future reference. I guess AttackWatch wasn't effective enough.

Obama sharply criticized Bush for having the authority to tap phone calls and internet for suspected terrorists, then increased the ability of government to snoop into the private affairs of citizens.

There is nothing unique about Obama. Everything he's done has been done before and with disasterous results.

Last edited:
You guys are kinda creepy with this Obama derangement syndrome. You can get professional help. I bet Obamacare would even pay for it. I know Scott Brown uses Obamacare. Probably Rick Santorum too.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Pubcrappe! Especially after Booosh, the champ, and your ridiculous Supremes...

Read it and weep Francblo,

Obamacare is going down.......

And Obama is a one-termer.

Please post how I am the idiot when you've got about 50 words you know now to type.

Retired teacher my ass.

You guys are kinda creepy with this Obama derangement syndrome. You can get professional help. I bet Obamacare would even pay for it. I know Scott Brown uses Obamacare. Probably Rick Santorum too.

Are you saying the above is not true? Obama did not force companies to give out personal information on employees to unions? Obama didn't expand on Bush's policies when it comes to spying on citizens? The IRS isn't making some unreasonable demands on the Tea Party organizers regarding lists of people who volunteered? No one else facing an audit is asked the sort of questions they are. It seems that Obama is compiling a list of dissenters. Why would he do that?

Do you think coming up with a website like AttackWatch is typical of an all-American president? That is something the soviets always did, not our own leaders.

Keep your head in the sand and chug the koolaid if that makes you feel better. We have a president who openly shows disdain for the constitution and capitalism. The very foundation of this country is something he sees as a problem. I can only assume you feel the same way, so of course you will defend him. I don't give a rats ass what Santorum or Brown think of Obamacare. I do not stand with every person who registers as a Republican. I am just against what the Democrats have become. The base is ultra liberal these days.

Granny says, "Dat's right - it gonna break ever'body an' put us all inna poor house...
:eek:
Obamacare Has 'Bent the Insurance Cost-Curve North, Not South,' Insurance Executive Tells House Panel
June 1, 2012 - "There's no question that the (Affordable Care) Act has, to this date, bent the health insurance cost curve north, not south, and the forecast in that regard is growing darker," an insurance benefits executive told a House panel on Thursday.
That's because the law requires health plans to cover individuals, such as adult children, that they did not cover in the past; it bars health plans from putting lifetime and annual dollar limits on benefits; and it requires plans to provide preventive care services -- including contraceptives in a few months' time -- at no out-of-pocket cost to the enrollee, Edward Fensholt told the House Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions. "These mandates have increased our clients' health plan costs 2 to 3 percent on average to this point," he said. And he said the costs will escalate further when new rules -- such as reductions in waiting periods and the automatic enrollment requirement -- take effect in 2014.

Fensholt is a senior vice president of Lockton Companies, LLC, an insurance brokerage and consulting firm that provides employee-benefits expertise to 2,500 mostly middle-market employers. In addition to the Affordable Care Act’s coverage mandates, Fensholt said a "great frustration" for his clients is the law's "many additional administrative burdens." Under federal law right now, Fensholt said, a simple group health-care plan is required to supply up to 50 separate notices, disclosures and reports to enrollees or to the federal government -- often more than once. He noted that the Affordable Care Act added more than a dozen of those notices, disclosures and reports.

Fensholt gave several examples: Under the Affordable Care Act, health plans must provide a "four-page, double-sided summary of plan coverage in a very hard-wired format at specific times, not only to enrollees but to individuals who are merely eligible for coverage. And plans face fines of up to $1,000 per violation of this requirement," he said.

And starting in 2014, the law will require "significant and frequent reporting by employers," including what specific medical coverage the employer offers; a roster of employees who are eligible and enrolled in the company's health plan and whether those employees are full-time or part-time; the cost of the employer's health insurance offerings, and the employer's and employees' respective shares of that cost; and how many months of the year an employee and each of his enrolled dependents were covered by a company-sponsored plan. "Our clients are already drowning under the cost of provi ding robust health insurance to employees," Fensholt said. "Rather than tossing employers a lifeline, the Affordable Care Act is in many ways an anchor -- albeit a well-intentioned one -- by piling on additional costs and burdens."

MORE

Actually, Dems haven't been able to get anything throught congress since 2/4/2010. or before 7/7/2009= another baldfaced lie for the dupes...

Should Pubs be rewarded for putting us in this mess (WORLD DEPRESSION, 9/11, and dumbazz wars, huge growth of AlQaeda), and now paralyzing the gov't since 2/2010 (and they even lie about THAT)?

"No compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" (TIME).

Why in the world do you vote for these disastrous, lying incompetents?

Last edited:
You guys are kinda creepy with this Obama derangement syndrome.
2008 Bush Derangement Syndrome.
2012 Obama Derangement Syndrome.
2016 Romney Derangement Syndrome.
And if we still have a Republic:
2020 ******* Derangement Syndrome.

Even starting from Cain's vanishingly small moral authority, he loses me right away when he suggests that congress is not dysfunctional. And yes, I absolutely dispute the factual accuracy of Cain's piece. Take as a single example:

...the IRS has been mailing letters to Tea Party chapters around the country demanding identification of all their volunteers and donors. This is outrageous. Even if there was an issue with their tax status, the IRS would have no reason to demand information like this. It’s pure and simple political harassment.

Now let's look at Fox News take on the controversy (Numerous Tea Party chapters claim IRS attempts to sabotage nonprofit status | Fox News

Tea Party leaders say they were particularly offended by demands that they name donors and volunteers, which is required by law...

Forum List

Back