Obama's 26% Strong Approval

This is a logical fallacy. I've never had a conversation with you about Bush's approval ratings, and you really have no idea whether or not I've ever "screamed" about his poll numbers. Also, it can be flipped right back at you -
"How come when Bush's poll numbers were low the cons said polls don't mean anything, and now that Obama's are low, cons can't stop screaming about it?"

Polls don't mean a thing, and they never have. But you're wrong as well - it's not "unprecedented". It's happened many times before - In their first year in office, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Clinton all had lower numbers than Obama has ever had.

I disagree with that, I think the people who are most likely to form "strong" opinions are the ones who don't really pay attention - the ones who get their politics in 30 second sound bites. Anyone who actually knows that they're talking about usually understands that the truth is almost always somewhere in the middle - not on the far-out part of either side.

Which cons said polls don't mean anything? And why would a "con" want to defend Bush, who was anything but a conservative?
So people who don't follow something very much form close opinions? That's why sports fans get so wrapped up in their teams?
You aren't making much sense here. Not that I expected you to.
Reagan's lowest approval rating was 35%. Obama's is well under that.

Ok, I'll try to slow it down for you.

Obama's...... lowest...... approval...... rating.... ever...... was...... 47%.......

As you said yourself, Reagan's was in fact much lower. Did you get that?
The rest of your post was opinion and more logical fallacy - I already know that we disagree. Why don't you try to prove your point, instead of rehashing it? Got any real facts?

Check..the...thread.....title.

example Iraq) Democrats constant pressure to get out, now nothing said, constant talk of cost in lives, injuries and money, now nothing said.

That's because over the last year of his administration, Bush basically flipped to the position Democrats were calling for all along.

Ouch.. if your an Obama toddy..:bowdown:

I've noticed lately that Obama's looking worn out. He is starting to get that deer in the head lights look. It may be possible that even Democrats are beginning to expect results over empty, yet flowery kissed speeches.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, released Thursday, shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

:dig:

He's tired, Lumpy!!! Here is a portion of an article that I really like:

The episode in U.S. history most similar to the present circumstances may be Gerald Ford’s inheritance of stagflation (high unemployment plus inflation) and the aftermath of the Vietnam debacle from LBJ and Nixon. In one sense, Obama has it worse because he is inheriting two ongoing military quagmires, not just the national malaise caused by a lost brushfire war, and faces a financial meltdown that is worse than mere stagflation. On the other hand, Obama isn’t inheriting the after effects of a scandal that undermined the Constitution.

Obama’s Challenges Are Unprecedented in U.S. History: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

One of the reasons I like this is because I was a big fan of Gerald Ford. I really liked him. That poor man tried so hard and was constantly subjected to ridicule. He was kind of clumsy and Chevy Chase imitated him falling all the time on SNL. That was so mean!! HAHA!! But it was so funny!!! :lol::lol::lol: Uh, sorry.

From the time Obama took office I thought he had such a mess to deal with, just like Gerald Ford. He needs time!!!!! I wish everyone would just give it to him. :sad:

I've noticed lately that Obama's looking worn out. He is starting to get that deer in the head lights look. It may be possible that even Democrats are beginning to expect results over empty, yet flowery kissed speeches.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, released Thursday, shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18.

The episode in U.S. history most similar to the present circumstances may be Gerald Ford’s inheritance of stagflation (high unemployment plus inflation) and the aftermath of the Vietnam debacle from LBJ and Nixon. In one sense, Obama has it worse because he is inheriting two ongoing military quagmires, not just the national malaise caused by a lost brushfire war, and faces a financial meltdown that is worse than mere stagflation. On the other hand, Obama isn’t inheriting the after effects of a scandal that undermined the Constitution.

Obama’s Challenges Are Unprecedented in U.S. History: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

One of the reasons I like this is because I was a big fan of Gerald Ford. I really liked him. That poor man tried so hard and was constantly subjected to ridicule. He was kind of clumsy and Chevy Chase imitated him falling all the time on SNL. That was so mean!! HAHA!! But it was so funny!!! :lol::lol::lol: Uh, sorry.

From the time Obama took office I thought he had such a mess to deal with, just like Gerald Ford. He needs time!!!!! I wish everyone would just give it to him. :sad:

++++From the time Obama took office I thought he had such a mess to deal with, just like Gerald Ford. He needs time!!!!! I wish everyone would just give it to him. :sad:++++

Hi .. Ho... Silver... lets jump on our turtles.... and ride..

Sorry Rinata..... I just don't think it works that way...

Many feel.. Obama and the Democrats policies are pointing the country in the the wrong direction that are bad for creating employment and a good business environment. I suppose we could go through the list.

Which cons said polls don't mean anything? And why would a "con" want to defend Bush, who was anything but a conservative?
So people who don't follow something very much form close opinions? That's why sports fans get so wrapped up in their teams?
You aren't making much sense here. Not that I expected you to.
Reagan's lowest approval rating was 35%. Obama's is well under that.

Ok, I'll try to slow it down for you.

Obama's...... lowest...... approval...... rating.... ever...... was...... 47%.......

As you said yourself, Reagan's was in fact much lower. Did you get that?
The rest of your post was opinion and more logical fallacy - I already know that we disagree. Why don't you try to prove your point, instead of rehashing it? Got any real facts?

Check..the...thread.....title.

Learn... to... read... links... rather... than... just... read... the... OP...

Hence the dishonesty that I was talking about before. Obama's Strong approval is 26%. Obama's approval TOTAL is 47%.

You fail bad.

Last edited:
The deception is by those who are trying to act as if 26% strong approval means anything.

It does not.

Obama's approval rating is 47%, far above that of the American people for the GOP.

Get it straight, folks. Americans hate the GOP right now, and Obama will trash any type of candidate that resemebles Palin in 2012. They don't want anymore of what we dished out from 2001 to 2006.

The deception is by those who are trying to act as if 26% strong approval means anything. It does not. Obama's approval rating is 47%, far above that of the American people for the GOP.

Get it straight, folks. Americans hate the GOP right now, and Obama will trash any type of candidate that resemebles Palin in 2012. They don't want anymore of what we dished out from 2001 to 2006.

You don't get it. Americans hate both parties, but the party in-power gets blasted when things are getting worse instead of better.
1. UHC is not supported by most voters
2. C+T and "skyrocketing" utility bills is not popular
3. "skyrocketing" gas prices is not popular
4. High energy costs will not help unemployment rates
5. Kissing-up to muslim terrorists is not popular
6. 26% approval means that Obama is about as popular as Bush was
7. voters disapprove prosecuting Navy Seals and the CIA instead of terrorists
8. If terror attacks keep happening, nothing will save the Obama admin

If things keep getting worse the 2010 and 2012 elections will be the ultimate approval rating.

The deception is by those who are trying to act as if 26% strong approval means anything. It does not. Obama's approval rating is 47%, far above that of the American people for the GOP.

You don't get it. Americans hate both parties, but the party in-power gets blasted when things are getting worse instead of better.
1. UHC is not supported by most voters
2. C+T and "skyrocketing" utility bills is not popular
3. "skyrocketing" gas prices is not popular
4. High energy costs will not help unemployment rates
5. Kissing-up to muslim terrorists is not popular
6. 26% approval means that Obama is about as popular as Bush was
7. voters disapprove prosecuting Navy Seals and the CIA instead of terrorists
8. If terror attacks keep happening, nothing will save the Obama admin

If things keep getting worse the 2010 and 2012 elections will be the ultimate approval rating.

I guess you're having the same sort of illiteracy problems that The Rabbi was having...

Obama's approval rating is 47%. Not 26%. Read the link, not just the headline of the OP.

1. Health insurance reform is certainly supported by most voters.
2. C+T and "skyrocketing" utility bills have never been popular ~ but if you are a warmer then this does not matter.
3. What skyrocketing prices for gas? a little over $2.25 here.
4. What high energy costs?
5. I suggest then you don't kiss up to terrorists. This government isn't.
6. 47% (not 26%) approval means that Obama is more popular than Bush was
7. (Some) voters disapprove prosecuting Navy Seals and the CIA instead of terrorists
8. If terror attacks keep happening, nothing will save the Obama admin (this may some truth)

If you far righties don't start telling the truth, your candidates won't stand a chance in the primaries.

1. Health insurance reform is certainly supported by most voters.
2. C+T and "skyrocketing" utility bills have never been popular ~ but if you are a warmer then this does not matter.
3. What skyrocketing prices for gas? a little over $2.25 here.
4. What high energy costs?
5. I suggest then you don't kiss up to terrorists. This government isn't.
6. 47% (not 26%) approval means that Obama is more popular than Bush was
7. (Some) voters disapprove prosecuting Navy Seals and the CIA instead of terrorists
8. If terror attacks keep happening, nothing will save the Obama admin (this may some truth)

If you far righties don't start telling the truth, your candidates won't stand a chance in the primaries.

1. UHC, the one "real democrats" wanted was very unpopular, some watered-down reform is just a talking point
2. You take the "warmer's" votes and we'll take the non-warmer's
3. I'm predicting that by election day 2012 the price of gas will be unacceptable
4. Obama wants energy costs to "skyrocket", if/when C+T kicks in you'll see what I mean
5. Obama and Holder are treating terrorists like domestic criminals instead of enemy combatants
6. If you look at the tracking poll you'd see Obama is becoming more unpopular every day
7. Okay, you can have the voters who approve of prosecuting the Seals & CIA
8. Any terror attacks that happen on Obama's watch are his responsibility,

[6. 26% approval means that Obama is about as popular as Bush was

Well, let's let Rasmussen himself answer you on that one:

In the final full month of his Presidency, just 13% of American adults said they Strongly Approved of the way that George W. Bush performed his job as president.

13% is not just about 26%. Take math in your next life.

Oh dear....what will we do?...........what will we do? :eusa_think:
Wait a minute....I've got it!

Why don't we run against a REPUBLICAN in 2012???

Nobody will vote for one of those stiffs

Problem solved :eusa_clap:

GOP :funnyface:

You are so funny!!! :lol: And also, you're right on!!! :lol:

++++From the time Obama took office I thought he had such a mess to deal with, just like Gerald Ford. He needs time!!!!! I wish everyone would just give it to him. :sad:++++

Many feel.. Obama and the Democrats policies are pointing the country in the the wrong direction that are bad for creating employment and a good business environment. I suppose we could go through the list.

Are you mocking me??? :slap:

I don't care who is president of this country as long as they perform. I was hoping BHO would excel as president, but it is obvious that he is in way over his head and that is bad for all of us.

BO is a brilliant guy, but unfortunantly, in my opinion, NOT a leader, as an orator he excels, specially with a working teleprompter, as a leader, he is out on the lake in a boat with one oar. Many people are 'voted in' for things they are not qualified for or who haven't worked for like the Nobel Prize, who's credibility, REP, is in the minus, with trailing red blocks. Many people are voted into office because it is a milestone in some fashion or other without regard for experience or common sense.

In the end, I still would hope somehow he, BHO, pulls something out of the 'oval orifice' that brings this nation out of the credibility and economic doldrums that it's in at present. Don't believe the DOW, it represents wealth, here and around the world buying into America, not the average citizen in this country in a non-government job.

:eusa_angel:...What .. Funny bone on the fritz...?

:eusa_angel:...What .. Funny bone on the fritz...?

I thought my response was cute!!! Actually it hasn't been the best day. I'll try and get more sleep tonight and remember to take my vitamins. :lol:

I don't think that I wished you a happy new year, Lumpy. So, Happy New Year!!

In the final full month of his Presidency, just 13% of American adults said they Strongly Approved of the way that George W. Bush performed his job as president.

Gee ... I wonder why we this "strong approval" number wasn't touted by Rassmussen until Obama took office ... :eusa_think:

Both numbers are looking like a big failure to me. It shows a sad state of politics these days according to the American people.

Forum List

Back