Obama's $1 million donor financed anti-Muslim film.. Maher??

So now FBI investigating Anti-Muslim film maker... what about Bill Maher and the film he made???

Bill Maher also contributed $1 million to a pro-Obama super PAC.

Bill Maher made a comedy/documentary called "Religulous" that's most famous for mercilessly mocking Christianity.

But what people forget is that the last twenty-minutes or so of the film make a damning case against Islam.

So where is the anger against Maher/Obama???

Anti-Islam Filmmaker Donated Million Dollars To Obama Campaign

Actually, I thought he kind of soft-pedaled his criticisms of Islam in the movie, other than a sweeping condemnation of religion making people do dumb things.

I also thought that Religiolous was kind of an ineffective film, because most of the people he interviewed - Christian, Mulsim and Jews- came off as nice people who were very sincere and tolerating this rude jerk. And I say this as an atheist, sometimes Maher says some insightful things, and sometimes he comes off as a twit.

But why no riots over Maher's insulting film but the latest film has OFFICIAL Obama administration statement it was ONLY the film that caused the riots and deaths!

What is the difference ?
My point is being reinforced by Libyan officials.. the film had nothing to do with it!

But why no riots over Maher's insulting film but the latest film has OFFICIAL Obama administration statement it was ONLY the film that caused the riots and deaths!

What is the difference ?
My point is being reinforced by Libyan officials.. the film had nothing to do with it!

Maher's film came out in 2008... and frankly, didn't get that much play. And what was in there was not really directly insulting to Mohammed like this movie was. A spokesman from Islam was even on the movie to discuss and defend his faith.

Forum List

Back