Obamaphones...The Real Story

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
Wow! Obama just digs the hole deeper and deeper. Conflict of interest?

Carlos Slim, World's Richest Man, Profiting Off 'Obamaphones' Aimed At Helping The Poor

Every time someone gets a phone through Lifeline, a government program that gives phones to low-income Americans, TracPhone, a company in which Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim has a controlling stake, nets $10, Fox News reports. The company’s CEO, Frederick “F.J.” Pollak, who is a major Obama donor, also makes a profit from the data plans and minutes beneficiaries of the Lifeline program buy.
Carlos Slim, World's Richest Man, Profiting Off 'Obamaphones' Aimed At Helping The Poor

Maobama may be taking credit, or should I say is not correcting the record, because he was not responsible for the program. The creation and initial funding came form good old Nazi Palousey, she slipped in an amendment to a 2008 defense bill, Maobama may have voted for it as a senatior but that's all. GWB actually signed it into law.

Wow, Huffpo covered this? The one thing they failed to mention is he is also contributed "at least" $50,000 to the Obama campaign. Things that make you go hummmm.

Is Obama "taking credit"? Because the PSA's for those phones have caused nothing but anger and resentment from those feeling that free tracphones are not something the government should be giving out.

FYI- this program is not federally funded.

This does not surprise me.
if you really want to see some interesting stuff, go find info on the green companies that got so much in the way of government loans. Some will make you go, huh, some will make you go wow, and some will make you think why haven't they had any news, updates, etc. since they got the loan, yet almost weekly before they did. Be sure to check out the CEO's, Board's, etc.

if you really want to see some interesting stuff, go find info on the green companies that got so much in the way of government loans. Some will make you go, huh, some will make you go wow, and some will make you think why haven't they had any news, updates, etc. since they got the loan, yet almost weekly before they did. Be sure to check out the CEO's, Board's, etc.

How many of Obama's green companies have failed? Last I heard, it was around ONE percent.

Environmentalists including the NRDC Action Fund attacked Romney's assertion that half of the subsidized companies had gone out of business, saying that U.S. Department of Energy figures show only 1.4 percent of those companies have failed.

Did Half of Green-subsidy Firms Really Go Bankrupt?

How many of Obama's green companies have failed? Last I heard, it was around ONE percent.

Environmentalists including the NRDC Action Fund attacked Romney's assertion that half of the subsidized companies had gone out of business, saying that U.S. Department of Energy figures show only 1.4 percent of those companies have failed.

Did Half of Green-subsidy Firms Really Go Bankrupt?

where did I mention anything about the failed ones?

Trillions have been thrown down the the hungry maw of the MIC who are mostly republican donors, in light of this fact I ask the Question: Is it a sin to profit from all government contracts or just the ones that help people?

Is Obama "taking credit"? Because the PSA's for those phones have caused nothing but anger and resentment from those feeling that free tracphones are not something the government should be giving out.

No it is tax payer funded with a fee on every phone line you have.

No it is tax payer funded with a fee on every phone line you have.

I never said it wasn't funded by the American people, just that it wasn't federally funded, which it isn't.

Forum List

Back