Obamanomics update: double dip recession, here we come

According to CBS News, sales at walmart, 11% of the US retail economy, have fallen nine weeks in a row. Further, chain store sales have dropped three times in a row, with the latest drop 1.5%. These are taken as very bad signs by analysts, indicating the approach of a second recessionary dip. Tell me more about the miracle of keynesian economics.

Gladly...

It saved us from another Great Depression.

The problem is the stimulus was too small.

But the fact that the price of gas is going down is going to help bring the economy back by next year.

Bad news for Republicans.

Of course that is it though there is nothing that shows that, no metric proving it and not even a real 'jobs saved/created' metric. That is all bullshit hype that goes hand in hand with the next mindless statement:

What’s telling and sad is that many on the right actually wish this would happen. They actually want to see fellow Americans suffer so they might realize some perceived political gain.
Ya, right. That is what the republicans want. Just like all the dems want poverty and misery as they burn the country to the ground so they can institute complete communism in the aftermath...

Your statements sound exactly like that.

Just yesterday Obama said the recent economic downturn is just a run of bad luck, wow.......

The guy is out of touch and insane. He has made the economy far worst...:evil:
Now wait just a minute there Slick! If the economy went from bad to worse, how could you get a "double dip?" There HAD to be some improvement in the economy in order to get the second dip!!!! The very fact that CON$ are hoping for a "double dip" is an admission that Obama brought about at least a partial recovery from the Bush depression!!!

What’s telling and sad is that many on the right actually wish this would happen. They actually want to see fellow Americans suffer so they might realize some perceived political gain.

As opposed to the Democrats who were hoping for a big body count in Iraq for political gain.
The hypocrisy of the Left always impresses me with its brazeness.

Obama's policies are hopeless failures. And worse is he has no idea what to do different. His latest tack is:
1) Raise taxes on millionaires and billionaires
2) Adopt his plan to reduce spending by $4T (which would happen in Year 20 of his presidency)
3) Close loopholes for big corporations.

This has been his mantra for 3 years (except cutting spending which he reads is popular among the peasants). None of it is a solution. None of it is realistic.
You would think the president of the united states would have access to sound economic advice.

According to CBS News, sales at walmart, 11% of the US retail economy, have fallen nine weeks in a row. Further, chain store sales have dropped three times in a row, with the latest drop 1.5%. These are taken as very bad signs by analysts, indicating the approach of a second recessionary dip. Tell me more about the miracle of keynesian economics.

Gladly...

But the fact that the price of gas is going down is going to help bring the economy back by next year.

Of course that is it though there is nothing that shows that, no metric proving it and not even a real 'jobs saved/created' metric. That is all bullshit hype that goes hand in hand with the next mindless statement:
Ya, right. That is what the republicans want. Just like all the dems want poverty and misery as they burn the country to the ground so they can institute complete communism in the aftermath...

Well what do the statements from the Big Mouth on the Right, and GOP shill, sound like to you???

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

February 13, 2009
I Hope the Stimulus Package Fails
RUSH: I hope it prolongs the recession.

Gladly...

Well what do the statements from the Big Mouth on the Right, and GOP shill, sound like to you???

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

February 13, 2009

You're forgetting some.

Feb 10, 2010
RUSH: I want to kill old ladies with my bare hands.

Sept 17 2009
RUSH: I worship at Satan's altar daily.

November 5, 2008

October 31, 2008

February 13, 2009

You're forgetting some.

Feb 10, 2010
RUSH: I want to kill old ladies with my bare hands.

Sept 17 2009
RUSH: I worship at Satan's altar daily.
Unlike CON$, I use only REAL quotes!!!!!

I think that's nine quarters in a row.

Wal-Mart has experienced declining same store sales for a while now. There was an article in the WSJ yesterday say that Wal-Mart has lost its low price brand amongst many consumers, so declining sales are a Wal-Mart problem, not necessarily an economy problem.

If you want to look at sales as a barometer of economic health, you have to look at the entire economy, not one company.

The U.S. Census Bureau announced today that advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for July, adjusted for seasonal variation and holiday and trading-day differences, but not for price changes, were $390.4 billion, an increase of 0.5 percent (±0.5%)* from the previous month, and 8.5 percent (±0.7%) above July 2010. Total sales for the May through July 2011 period were up 8.2 percent (±0.3%) from the same period a year ago. The May to June 2011 percent change was revised from +0.1 percent (±0.5%)* to +0.3 percent (±0.3%)*.

Powered by Google Docs

Good, real Americans are finally tired of buying cheap Chinese crap, but CON$ are depressed by Walmart's demise and less American dollars going overseas!!!!!

I think that's nine quarters in a row.

Wal-Mart has experienced declining same store sales for a while now. There was an article in the WSJ yesterday say that Wal-Mart has lost its low price brand amongst many consumers, so declining sales are a Wal-Mart problem, not necessarily an economy problem.

If you want to look at sales as a barometer of economic health, you have to look at the entire economy, not one company.

The U.S. Census Bureau announced today that advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services sales for July, adjusted for seasonal variation and holiday and trading-day differences, but not for price changes, were $390.4 billion, an increase of 0.5 percent (±0.5%)* from the previous month, and 8.5 percent (±0.7%) above July 2010. Total sales for the May through July 2011 period were up 8.2 percent (±0.3%) from the same period a year ago. The May to June 2011 percent change was revised from +0.1 percent (±0.5%)* to +0.3 percent (±0.3%)*.