Obamanites

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
harkin_steak_fry_08.jpg

"During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart." -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Obama's reasoning behind not placing his hand over his heart for the U.S. flag and anthem....“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of us being a nation?? Let's change our anthem and flag because other nations may not like it?? He fails to see that many nations before us have viewed the U.S. flag as a sign of strength and freedom. (I.E. the countries liberated in World War II.)

I understand that Obama has since decided to do so, but why the change? And why would he go back on his statement about not wanting to solute it? I just don't trust this guy. Just my opinion....

A presidential hopeful doesn't want to be perceived as taking the side of the US? What's the alternative? I've never been able to figure out that idiotic statement. Or why he'd be so stupid as to make it...

harkin_steak_fry_08.jpg

"During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart." -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Obama's reasoning behind not placing his hand over his heart for the U.S. flag and anthem....“As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.”

Doesn't this defeat the purpose of us being a nation?? Let's change our anthem and flag because other nations may not like it?? He fails to see that many nations before us have viewed the U.S. flag as a sign of strength and freedom. (I.E. the countries liberated in World War II.)

I understand that Obama has since decided to do so, but why the change? And why would he go back on his statement about not wanting to solute it? I just don't trust this guy. Just my opinion....

*shakes head the stupidity of it all*

I mean, you Yanks are actually TOLD to hold your hand over your heart?? Christ, that is beyond pathetic. You guys are soooo patriotic it is no surprise you have expansionist tendancies around the rest of the world. We all just need "saving" from ourselves and embrace American culture and the way you run your society.

i've noticed that BHO is wearing the flag pin again

so it must not be "false patriotism" anymore

I mean, you Yanks are actually TOLD to hold your hand over your heart?? Christ, that is beyond pathetic. You guys are soooo patriotic it is no surprise you have expansionist tendancies around the rest of the world. We all just need "saving" from ourselves and embrace American culture and the way you run your society.

I know. I wish our country was the raging success of yours.....

We actually sing the national anthem as well.

But you would be proud. I went to a "diversity day" celebration a couple of weeks ago. There were three flags there...none of them American. An elderly singing group sang a series of patriotic songs, and nobody sang along, stood, and barely applauded.

But the Mexican lady who danced got a standing ovation and cheers.

I know. I wish our country was the raging success of yours.....

We actually sing the national anthem as well.

But you would be proud. I went to a "diversity day" celebration a couple of weeks ago. There were three flags there...none of them American. An elderly singing group sang a series of patriotic songs, and nobody sang along, stood, and barely applauded.

But the Mexican lady who danced got a standing ovation and cheers.

It's not that hard to be successful like us. Try fiscal responsibility and not interferring in other countries' policies. It works wonders, and leads to a healthy balance of payments...

Who cares about the National Anthem?? I understand the President of the U.S. should respect it even if he disagrees with it. However, that's the good thing about Obama, hes not into legalism; he's about changing the way things are done so that every American, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Arab, etc feel represented in this country.

I tell you, people are trying to find anything they can on him to prove he is not a worthy candidate, well all that matters is the numbers, and the numbers are in his favor!!
:cool:

harkin_steak_fry_08.jpg

Do try and avoid posting lies.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

No...your not biased at all. :rolleyes:

No. It isn't required as far as I know. You're just supposed to stand up.

Wow, the whole hand of the heart brou ha ha.

Yeah, that's gonna rescue republicans from being blown out this year.

Do you actually have a real reason for why you vote republican?

For queen and country eh?? You Brits have just as many odd tendancies and traditions....like having tea-time in the middle of a battle....(a little WWII history for you.)

The code telling us to do this is not enforced...obviously, considered Obama was not arrested on sight or punished legally for the matter. It's a sign of respect and devotion to one's country. I'm sure you brits have some sort of respectful ritual you do when you're countries flag is flown in patriotic ceremonies. Our nations laws, Consitution, does have it's basis in England.

It's not that hard to be successful like us. Try fiscal responsibility and not interferring in other countries' policies. It works wonders, and leads to a healthy balance of payments...

Are the Brits not in Afghanistan or Iraq???Hmm...:eusa_think: Was there not a saying I remember hearing ....? Oh yes..."The sun never sets on the British empire." We all learn our lessons the hard way I suppose. You make it seem as though the British have never made a mistake.

I'll agree on the fiscal responsibility though...

Who cares about the National Anthem?? I understand the President of the U.S. should respect it even if he disagrees with it. However, that's the good thing about Obama, hes not into legalism; he's about changing the way things are done so that every American, White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Arab, etc feel represented in this country.

I tell you, people are trying to find anything they can on him to prove he is not a worthy candidate, well all that matters is the numbers, and the numbers are in his favor!!
:cool:

Last I checked, the National Anthem doesn't address anyone by their specific race. And it scares the shit out of me that a potential president would be worried about choosing sides....he mind as well become the president of another nation if he's worried about that.

Wow, the whole hand of the heart brou ha ha.

Yeah, that's gonna rescue republicans from being blown out this year.

Do you actually have a real reason for why you vote republican?

Who said I was voting republican??? Wow, you really don't know as much as you think.....

Larkinn was correct in posting his site. After further research, it seems to be the going rate that the "quote" was a hoax. My original research revealed a site that again posted the quote as being true, however, I've since found more that conclude it's a hoax. I stand corrected.

Still don't care for Obama... but for other reasons.

Well, you're not voting for Obama. You couldn't be voting Bob Barr, could you?

To be honest, I feel that it's like voting between a turd, a turd sandwhich, and a turd on a stick....IMO. I'm sure Larkinn will accuse me of racism because turds are brown.....

To be honest, I feel that it's like voting between a turd, a turd sandwhich, and a turd on a stick....IMO. I'm sure Larkinn will accuse me of racism because turds are brown.....

As opposed to you who thinks I'm a racist, because I point out racism? :clap2:

Forum List

Back