Obamagas to drop below $2 a gallon nationwide

obama_gas_zpsd864b050.jpg

4 Things That Were Supposed To Happen By 2015 Because Obama Was Reelected

In March 2012, on the floor of the United States Senate, Mike Lee (R-UT) predicted that if Obama was reelected gas would cost $5.45 per gallon by the start 2015. Lee said that gas prices would rise 5 cents for every month Obama was in office, ultimately reaching $6.60 per gallon.
Lee was not alone. Newt Gingrich, running for the GOP nomination, predicted that if Obama was reelected he would push gas to “$10 a gallon.” Gingrich said he would reduce gas prices dramatically by reversing Obama’s energy policies. Gingrich flanked himself with campaign signs promising $2.50 gas if he was elected.

They obviously never heard of Obamagas

Most people buy gas from the cheapest station, not the higher ones.

Average station list price is not close to average sale price.

Simple behavioral economics.

I haven't seen a gas station anywhere under $3. I just paid $3.19 two days ago.

The list in G5000's link shows five states holding stable, three rising and 43 -- including Nevada -- dropping. They update that list at least every 24h if not 12h.
(Total is 51 "states" because they count DC)

Clearly the prevailing wind is down. The ones rising, I would bet all my money, represent a temporary correction from an overdrop.

In Lost Wages you can get it in the 2.60s if you're a Sam's or Costco member, if not, 2.89 -- and that price seems to be peppered around the metro area.

4 Things That Were Supposed To Happen By 2015 Because Obama Was Reelected

In March 2012, on the floor of the United States Senate, Mike Lee (R-UT) predicted that if Obama was reelected gas would cost $5.45 per gallon by the start 2015. Lee said that gas prices would rise 5 cents for every month Obama was in office, ultimately reaching $6.60 per gallon.
Lee was not alone. Newt Gingrich, running for the GOP nomination, predicted that if Obama was reelected he would push gas to “$10 a gallon.” Gingrich said he would reduce gas prices dramatically by reversing Obama’s energy policies. Gingrich flanked himself with campaign signs promising $2.50 gas if he was elected.

They obviously never heard of Obamagas

Damn! We coulda been paying more!
Opportunity lost.

I have not paid above $1.55 this year. I filled both my 500 gallon gas tanks in January when it was selling below market rate as it usually does that time of the year here. I would have used it except bad weather prevented any farming this year. Most of the farmers in the corn belt did the same thing I did. Most likely they haven't paid over $1.XX this year either. I am still running on $1.55 gas.

It's $1.97 at the gas station here today. People stock up when gas is cheap & don't buy it when it's expensive. The average sale price is much lower than advertised. I bought 300 gallons of 4 year old gas from a farmer's stock last year for $1.50 when it was about twice that high at the pump. I run on E85 when gas is over $1.99

Last edited:
National gas prices to soon fall below 2

Nationally, regular unleaded gasoline currently averages about $2.12 a gallon, down 46 cents from just four weeks ago and $1.01 cheaper than year-ago levels.
Gas prices are also expected to fall more than previously forecast for the full year

Not bad for a community organizer
when is going below 2 bucks

Already is in several places, even here in NC. As low as $1.69 in the other Carolina.

Last week The O'bama was up on a scaffold personally changing our local price from $2.29 to $2.25. He kept yelling something about "Yes we can" or "fill your can" or something like that.

Funny, that was the same thing George Bush said seven years ago when he was up on the same scaffold raising the price to $4.32.

pretty localized hope it hits out here

i suppose the price will go down even further once isis and iranian oil

can legally hit the market

National gas prices to soon fall below 2

Nationally, regular unleaded gasoline currently averages about $2.12 a gallon, down 46 cents from just four weeks ago and $1.01 cheaper than year-ago levels.
Gas prices are also expected to fall more than previously forecast for the full year

Not bad for a community organizer
when is going below 2 bucks

Already is in several places, even here in NC. As low as $1.69 in the other Carolina.

Last week The O'bama was up on a scaffold personally changing our local price from $2.29 to $2.25. He kept yelling something about "Yes we can" or "fill your can" or something like that.

Funny, that was the same thing George Bush said seven years ago when he was up on the same scaffold raising the price to $4.32.

pretty localized hope it hits out here

i suppose the price will go down even further once isis and iranian oil

can legally hit the market

Your state's been dropping along with everybody else -- 89¢ lower than this time last year.

Mitt Romney says that's O'bama's fault.

I donno, using my liberal discount card combine with the Obamacare handshake and Michelle wink, I got my obamagas for 1.49 this week end.

More Benghazi hearings boys........

Ever since I found Obamagas I'm untroubled by the heartbreak of psoriasis.

I never had it, but I'm untroubled.

Thanks O'bama.

Forum List

Back