Obamagas to drop below $2 a gallon nationwide

Only an ignorant, uneducated, uniformed, idiot would credit this administration with the current supply / demand glut resulting in pump price erosion.
But then again these same people voted for him in the first place.

Here's another piece of information for you. Since the price of oil is so low, you have now taken the incentive for companies to take a risk out of the equation. The price of oil will go back up as those newly found fields dry up. When the price gets high enough, more people will get back in and look for other sources. It is a vicious cycle.

Barry just happens to be the sitting President when the work of the last 7 years has come to fruition.

In the three geologic formations that account for 88 percent of U.S. shale oil output --North Dakota’s Bakken and the Eagle Ford and Permian in Texas -- explorers can drill new wells profitably in some areas even if crude falls to $25 a barrel, according to a team of analysts led by Manuj Nikhanj at ITG Investment Research Inc.

Shale Producers Say Bring It in Oil Price Showdown - Bloomberg

On Oct. 7, Abdalla Salem el-Badri, OPEC’s secretary general, said at a conference in Kuwait that U.S. shale producers are “running out of sweet spots” and that output will peak in 2018.

Only an ignorant, uneducated, uniformed, idiot would credit this administration with the current supply / demand glut resulting in pump price erosion.

whooshgraph.gif

The next Republican President better not be a golfer or go on vacation. He better not use his pen to write an Executive Order.

The price of gas better not go up on his watch.

No terror attacks better happen.

Or, boy, is there going to be hell to pay. :badgrin:
I'm sure if a terrorist attack does happen on the next republican president. He won't blame it on a video, and then rush off to Vegas.

I'm equally sure his sycophants won't blame it on the guy who left office eight months earlier too. That would never happen.

The current price of Obamagas has been a long time coming

Of course you are correct in saying Obama is not responsible for this drop in gas prices

Hillary, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Liz Warren and Joe Biden helped him

The next Republican President better not be a golfer or go on vacation. He better not use his pen to write an Executive Order.

I'm sure if a terrorist attack does happen on the next republican president. He won't blame it on a video, and then rush off to Vegas.
Ah. Thanks for reminding me.

God help the next GOP President if he campaigns for re-election! Especially in Vegas.

National gas prices to soon fall below 2

Nationally, regular unleaded gasoline currently averages about $2.12 a gallon, down 46 cents from just four weeks ago and $1.01 cheaper than year-ago levels.
Gas prices are also expected to fall more than previously forecast for the full year

Not bad for a community organizer

Here we go again. Gas is cheaper in spite of Obama throwing a wrench in energy exploration making it harder to pump it from the ground.

Everyone knows that only white Republicans can take credit for good news. The rest of America should have learned that by now.

Nationally, regular unleaded gasoline currently averages about $2.12 a gallon, down 46 cents from just four weeks ago and $1.01 cheaper than year-ago levels.
Gas prices are also expected to fall more than previously forecast for the full year

Really? You think he had something to do with this?

Here we go again. Gas is cheaper in spite of Obama throwing a wrench in energy exploration making it harder to pump it from the ground.

Let me open up the GOP playbook........

I know its in here someplace

Oh....here it is!

Section 8, para 1.3.4
When President Obama does something positive:

1. Deny that it happened
2. Claim Obama is not responsible
3. Say it would have happened sooner or to a greater degree without Obama
4. Take credit for it

I'm equally sure his sycophants won't blame it on the guy who left office eight months earlier too. That would never happen.
Liberals blamed the terrorist attack in France last week on Bush. So shut the hell up.

Obama was not just blamed for gas prices. I remember participating in topics where he was blamed for the prices of milk, beef, eggs, electricity. Everything under the sun.
You missed a little on your chin....
It really sucks getting whacked with your own yardstick, doesn't it.
I have yet to be whacked with anything. Get off your knees boy & exercise some dignity.

Sucks when they can bring up your past sins on this board doesn't it?
I have nothing for you to bring up. Despite your amazing troll skills you fail. This thread fails. Your attempts to make rightwingers look stupid only serve to make you look like an idiot.

I agree completely. There is nothing he can say to make right wingers look stupid compared to the things right wingers say to make right wingers look stupid.

If you're talking about the real obama gas....it's never been worth a dime.

I wouldn't say obamagas will go down to a dime.....but 99 cents is possible

I would award you 5 Katyushas but I don't want to rain on your fantasy parade.

Bahahahaaaaaaaaaaa......Love it. ObamaGas!

Freaking oil market is crashing. I said last week that it was deja vu all over again, having been gainfully employed in the O&G industry in Houston in 1985. Today the WSJ seems to agree.

I would award you 5 Katyushas but I don't want to rain on your fantasy parade.

DuhTex, don't even try to spar with rightwinger, unless you enjoy public humiliation.

Bahahahaaaaaaaaaaa......Love it. ObamaGas!

Freaking oil market is crashing. I said last week that it was deja vu all over again, having been gainfully employed in the O&G industry in Houston in 1985. Today the WSJ seems to agree.

Falling gas prices are bad news for anyone employed in that sector, and for any bank which made loans to that sector, but rockin good news for everyone else.

I don't suppose we can count on Hillary whining about "excess losses" in the oil industry during this cycle, though.

Being somewhat in the oil and gas industry, let me enlighten you. In the state of Oklahoma alone, oil production is up 110% since 2008. The extreme prices (caused by increases in transportation, availability and OPEC) experienced in the several years prior to 2008, spurred new exploration and activity, specifically by the use of fracking and in shale fields. Now everyday, there is $1 BILLION dollars of economic activity directly connected to oil and gas exploration / drilling, nationwide and it is growing.

The time needed for the transfer of that oil / gas has been cut by 22% due to the number of pipelines which have been built in the last 7 years, specifically to or from the hub at Cushing, OK. The southern leg of the Keystone, built with protests and threats from the EPA ignored by both the state of Oklahoma and Texas, has contributed greatly to these numbers.

As it stands right now, the United States of America is the leading oil / gas producing nation in the world. The Saudi's HATE IT and are doing as much as they can to stifle that growth. Additionally, that growth in both transportation and production has spurred a massive drop in the price of crude, which will result in a number of smaller, less economically stable companies going into receivership. This is to be expected. To counter this massive spike in production, OPEC has cut the bottom out of their prices and are trying to remain relevant in the current marketplace. However, the Persian Gulf, the Straits of Hormuz and the troubles in the Middle East have almost been effectively rendered as inconsequential.

NONE of the growth in drilling or exploration has occurred on FEDERAL LANDS or lands under Federal over sight. All of this has occurred on PRIVATELY OWNED lands. The EPA is having severe flatulence because of it. To say that Barry is remotely even responsible for any of this is lunacy in its purest form. What prompted this is a slogan that Americans with vision took to heart: DRILL BABY, DRILL!!! When you go to the pump and you put in $20.00 of gas and actually fill up your tank, say a silent thank you to Sarah and the Republicans who in 2008 began to make it happen.

It just makes me chuckle every time I think about it...

That's funny for a couple of reasons. The right wing is always whining about the government being involved, and saying they should let the private sector take care od things. He did that this time, and you are pissed because he did. You only want government help, in this one case oil leases, for your friends, but for no one else. Also, you really think all that new drilling was because of that silly Palin slogan, and all the new finds had nothing to do with it. I guess I were a right winger, I'd try to spin it that way too, but it just doesn't match the facts.

43 didn't entertain Saudi royalty in Crawford for nothing.

ponder that morons.

You're right. I saw the pictures of that big wet kiss, but that really has nothing to do with the price of gas today.

List the things that Obama has done to drive oil & gas prices down.......

OK!

Safe and Responsible Oil and Gas Production as Part of President Obama s All-of-the-Above Energy Strategy The White House

Onshore, nearly 36.1 million acres of federal land were under lease to oil and gas companies last year. Of that land, over 12.6 million acres were actively producing oil and gas – the highest acreage under production since 2008. Last year, the Interior Department’s Bureau of Land Management (BLM) held 30 separate oil and gas lease sales, offering 5.7 million acres for lease by industry, the most in a decade.

Even as sales have gone up, processing time for onshore drilling permits has gone down – last year, it took an average of 194 days to process an APD, down from 228 in 2012 and faster than any time since 2005.

Offshore, the Interior Department’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) offered 59 million acres for lease by industry in the Gulf of Mexico last year, and industry submitted bids on 3 percent of these acres, resulting in $1.3 billion in high bids. The current Five Year Offshore Oil and Gas Leasing Program includes 15 potential lease sales in six planning areas that comprise some of the richest and most promising areas for oil and gas exploration and development.

Forum List

Back