ObamaCare's Ever-Rising Price Tag

Your list of fraud enforcements are pre-existing ones for the most part.

No, they're not. They're a combination of expanded powers/tools for fraud investigators, additional penalties and barriers that make it more difficult to commit fraud, and additional resources ($350 million over the next decade) for combating fraud. But if you're dissatisfied, I'll ask again the question I posed in that post: What are the additional provisions you want to implement when you get the keys back?

Congress thought they could cut $500 billion from these programs, primarily in the fraud area.

It's getting hard to take your posts seriously. The reductions to Medicare over the next decade are primarily reductions in market basket updates to non-physician reimbursements, reductions in Medicare Advantage payments to standard Medicare FFS payment levels, and reductions in DSH payments to hospitals. It has nothing to do with eliminating anti-fraud resources.

I noticed you conveniently left out that opting out by states in many of theses areas means you still pay into the system, but your state is excluded from the benefits.

I must've forgotten it because it's patently false. What happens to the funding a state would've gotten when the state receives an innovation waiver to try something else? Well, you look up that section of the law and find your answer:

(3) PASS THROUGH OF FUNDING- With respect to a State waiver under paragraph (1), under which, due to the structure of the State plan, individuals and small employers in the State would not qualify for the premium tax credits, cost-sharing reductions, or small business credits under sections 36B of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or under part I of subtitle E for which they would otherwise be eligible, the Secretary shall provide for an alternative means by which the aggregate amount of such credits or reductions that would have been paid on behalf of participants in the Exchanges established under this title had the State not received such waiver, shall be paid to the State for purposes of implementing the State plan under the waiver. Such amount shall be determined annually by the Secretary, taking into consideration the experience of other States with respect to participation in an Exchange and credits and reductions provided under such provisions to residents of the other States.​

It is a bad plan and needs to be killed off early in 2011.

Forgive me if I prefer not to take your word for it.

Your list of fraud enforcements are pre-existing ones for the most part. I see nothing new or more effective than what the government tries to do already. Congress thought they could cut $500 billion from these programs, primarily in the fraud area.
Then WHY THE FUCK didn't Obama do this first BEFORE passing this horseshit entitlement program...and guess what...Congress thought wrong...they haven't CUT A FRICKEN THING!!!!!!!!!! in reference to fraud.
Now...keep spinning!!!!

Last edited:
Your list of fraud enforcements are pre-existing ones for the most part. I see nothing new or more effective than what the government tries to do already. Congress thought they could cut $500 billion from these programs, primarily in the fraud area.[/QUOTE]
Then WHY THE FUCK didn't Obama do this first BEFORE passing this horseshit entitlement program...and guess what...Congress thought wrong...they haven't CUT A FRICKEN THING!!!!!!!!!! in reference to fraud.
Now...keep spinning!!!!

This 'Greenbeard' has to be a Government infiltrator.

Your list of fraud enforcements are pre-existing ones for the most part. I see nothing new or more effective than what the government tries to do already. Congress thought they could cut $500 billion from these programs, primarily in the fraud area.[/QUOTE]
Now...keep spinning!!!!

This 'Greenbeard' has to be a Government infiltrator.

No doubt...he's one of Obama's salespersons selling the fucking country down the river....thanks but no thanks douchebag!!!!!!!

I forgot to ask him why his boss didn't put in the "Doc Fix" in with the original bill, and see if he was honest enough to say they wanted to keep it less than the magic number of a trillion.

No doubt...he's one of Obama's salespersons selling the fucking country down the river....thanks but no thanks douchebag!!!!!!!

Just trying to fill a niche. Seems odd to discuss a particular law when most people seem painfully unaware of what's in it.

I'm curious how the discussion went here over the past year. One rant (topped off with "facts" about the law fabricated on the spot) after another?

I forgot to ask him why his boss didn't put in the "Doc Fix" in with the original bill, and see if he was honest enough to say they wanted to keep it less than the magic number of a trillion.

I don't work for any politician. However, the SRG fix was in the original House bill (H.R. 3200). Due to the vagaries of the legislative process, the marked-up successor bill to H.R. 3200 (H.R. 3962) never made it to conference and the Senate bill became law. But yes, the desire to keep federal spending down played a large role in the structure of the final product--that's why Medicaid was expanded, for example.

OK. Let's just go straight to a Canadian system. That way, we would save nearly fifty per cent. And cover everybody.

See, better care, less cost, everybody covered. Now who is against that? And why are they against that?

Your a silly ass, roxie. Their healthcare system is not running too well these days, and are seeing huge deficits...that is with something like 33 million people. Now look at our 300 million. Stop dropping the acid and get back to reality. :cuckoo:

These size arguments are really weird. Sure, it takes more to cover 300 million than 30 million, but a country of 300 million also has far more resources at it's disposal.

OK. Let's just go straight to a Canadian system. That way, we would save nearly fifty per cent. And cover everybody.

See, better care, less cost, everybody covered. Now who is against that? And why are they against that?

Your a silly ass, roxie. Their healthcare system is not running too well these days, and are seeing huge deficits...that is with something like 33 million people. Now look at our 300 million. Stop dropping the acid and get back to reality. :cuckoo:

These size arguments are really weird. Sure, it takes more to cover 300 million than 30 million, but a country of 300 million also has far more resources at it's disposal.

300 million will be insured....maybe....but 300 million won't be paying for it....remember the redistribution of wealth where the rich will be paying the lions share.

300 million will be insured....maybe....but 300 million won't be paying for it....remember the redistribution of wealth where the rich will be paying the lions share.

Sure, wealthy people will contribute more, just like they do to every other government program, from national defense to national parks. That has to do with the fact they're more able to contribute.

Sure, wealthy people will contribute more, just like they do to every other government program, from national defense to national parks. That has to do with the fact they're more able to contribute.

They do that already, Polk

I know. I've already said as much.

I know, I should have made my post a little clearer. Wealthy Americans is not the 250,000 bracket, there will be a lot of wealthy that will no longer be wealthy and put more strain those that are left over....eventually there won't be enough to supply our ever increasing demands on them.

I know, I should have made my post a little clearer. Wealthy Americans is not the 250,000 bracket, there will be a lot of wealthy that will no longer be wealthy and put more strain those that are left over....eventually there won't be enough to supply our ever increasing demands on them.

At some sort of theoretical limit? Sure. However, we're not even in the ballpark of that line.

From what I see happening to the wife and I from this 'reform'

Our monthly cost for a plan is now about $1024/mo. $12,288/year. It mysteriously went UP about 7 months ago by $250/mo.

Co-Pays for medicine mysteriously going up from $10 for 95% of them to $25 and $50. WTF?

Flexpay, pretaxed monies using a debit card for co-pays and meds, that too on Jan 1,2011 is being CUT BACK, lowered! More cost for the consumer who is already paying through the nose to these greedy corps, and no end in sight for these mysterious increases.

There is a lot happening in the background, are companies jacking rates and modifying their plans to cover some projected losses or what? This is insanity, we are getting screwed royally by this administrations incompetent plan that was shoved up our collective butts without lube.

We have been had America, royally, and not even a friggen kiss or a squeeze. Who are these people in Washington D.C. that have BS'd the masses with their mountain of bovine crap? When does it end?

Signed, Pi$$ed off citizen

Some may have been had, but a bunch of us were screaming from the roof tops that this was going to happen.

But, we were just racist idiots who didn't know what we were talking about.

Hope and change baby. SWEET!

Forum List

Back