Obamacare

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YVQQ3ARkzM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - TV AD: Oppose ObamaCare[/ame]

This is exactly why we should oppose it.

Also, how does being a pollster (and even more absurdly, being married to a pollster) make you an expert on health care?

skyfalling.jpg

That is a ridiculous ad. Its predicting the future and nobody knows the future. The fact that this commercial got denied being on NBC is great. Its full of lies and its dangerous.

I mean this bill is not for single payer. Its for a public option. I went to a public university but I could of gone with a cheaper private school but I CHOSE to go to a public school. You don't have to choose the public option. But also if you work for a company and this bill doesn't get past and they say "Look you are a great worker, but I can't afford health insurance because the cost keep going up." Now that congress didn't protect Americans from the greedy CEOs of health insurance companies. Now you have to spend a ton of money and by 2016, the cost of a family of 4 would be $23,000 a year.

Reform needs to happen now.

That is a ridiculous ad. Its predicting the future and nobody knows the future. The fact that this commercial got denied being on NBC is great. Its full of lies and its dangerous.

I mean this bill is not for single payer. Its for a public option. I went to a public university but I could of gone with a cheaper private school but I CHOSE to go to a public school. You don't have to choose the public option. But also if you work for a company and this bill doesn't get past and they say "Look you are a great worker, but I can't afford health insurance because the cost keep going up." Now that congress didn't protect Americans from the greedy CEOs of health insurance companies. Now you have to spend a ton of money and by 2016, the cost of a family of 4 would be $23,000 a year.

Yet the government controls the rules for the whole industry in which it is competing in. Some competition...

This is a government take over of the health care industry, pure and simple.

Last edited:
That is a ridiculous ad. Its predicting the future and nobody knows the future. The fact that this commercial got denied being on NBC is great. Its full of lies and its dangerous. .

Really? Hummmmmmmmm

Pinkerton: MSNBC Backs Obama, Gets $139 Billion Gov Guarantee

Photo of Mark Finkelstein.
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
November 15, 2008 - 20:47 ET

Is MSNBC being rewarded for having backed Obama? That's what Jim Pinkerton suggests. On this evening's Fox News Watch, the columnist and New America Foundation fellow cited the news that GE Capital, a subsidiary of MSNBC's parent company GE, has received a $139 billion government loan guarantee.

Host Jon Scott opened this evening's show opened with a clip of Chris Matthews [in a story that NB was first to report], saying that he saw as his "job" making the Obama presidency a success. Pinkerton unloaded.

Health Care companies exist only to skim money. At least with car manufacturers or computer makers, you could at least make a case for 50 million dollar salaries. Those companies actually make something.

But Health Care companies make nothing. They are merely distributors.

Every 50 million dollars for one CEO salary is another 2000 people denied surgery for a "pre existing condition".

Capital: "of or relating to capital; especially : relating to or being assets that add to the long-term net worth of a corporation - capital improvements"

For profit health care companies "contract" services. They make nothing and own nothing. That capital is merely an agreement on paper. They "skim" money.

That's what these health care companies with CEOs that make tens of millions of dollars, do, they just skim money. What's worse, they skim that money off sick people. How creepy is that?

Republicans are going to a "carny" because they like being fleeced. What other explanation could there be? They are defending this? They have lost their reason.

Health Care companies exist only to skim money.

Aetna and other insurers need investors ; they attract - not force - Investors by providing a reasonable rate of return.

Obamacare on the other hand will send federal troops to people houses and will FORCE them to be investors. The insurance companies can not do that.

Can you tell the difference between a fascist government and a free one?

Health Care companies exist only to skim money. At least with car manufacturers or computer makers, you could at least make a case for 50 million dollar salaries. Those companies actually make something.

But Health Care companies make nothing. They are merely distributors.

Every 50 million dollars for one CEO salary is another 2000 people denied surgery for a "pre existing condition".

Capital: "of or relating to capital; especially : relating to or being assets that add to the long-term net worth of a corporation - capital improvements"

For profit health care companies "contract" services. They make nothing and own nothing. That capital is merely an agreement on paper. They "skim" money.

That's what these health care companies with CEOs that make tens of millions of dollars, do, they just skim money. What's worse, they skim that money off sick people. How creepy is that?

Republicans are going to a "carny" because they like being fleeced. What other explanation could there be? They are defending this? They have lost their reason.

Are you aware what percentage of the American economy is "service" based? That doesn't make anything....LOL

You're an idiot...

Last edited:

You make one statement about not knowing the future and then tell us by 2016 the cost will be $23,000 a year. Is that a result of rising costs or the amount of inflation caused by this admin's "trickle up poverty" policies?

There are alternatives to scrapping the health care system along with citizens' rights. There have been bill introduced that are a lot simpler that the dems don't want (they want to limit the lawyers, those greedy, corporate robbing, plaintiff robbing lawyers, to use the admin's description of others they want to make seem evil), tort reform, no taxes on health care costs, health savings plans, open medical insurance across state lines....

Why do the people that claim they were oppressed in the sixties, want to oppress the population with laws that do not protect citizens, only give more of what belongs to citizens to government?

You make one statement about not knowing the future and then tell us by 2016 the cost will be $23,000 a year. Is that a result of rising costs or the amount of inflation caused by this admin's "trickle up poverty" policies?

There are alternatives to scrapping the health care system along with citizens' rights. There have been bill introduced that are a lot simpler that the dems don't want (they want to limit the lawyers, those greedy, corporate robbing, plaintiff robbing lawyers, to use the admin's description of others they want to make seem evil), tort reform, no taxes on health care costs, health savings plans, open medical insurance across state lines....

Why do the people that claim they were oppressed in the sixties, want to oppress the population with laws that do not protect citizens, only give more of what belongs to citizens to government?

Great post, excellent question.

Forum List

Back