Obamacare will stand...now, 5 years from now, 10 years from now

dfens

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2016
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly a fan of Obamacare.

But you guys are delusional that it will collapse. Obamacare is steady and is doing exactly what it is supposed to do: take income away from you hard working suckers and distribute it to the poor and sick.

It's working! You guys are the ones who are failing. You are so divided you can't even come up with any plan to replace it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly a fan of Obamacare.

But you guys are delusional that it will collapse. Obamacare is steady and is doing exactly what it is supposed to do: take income away from you hard working suckers and distribute it to the poor and sick.

I know the insurance companies would like to make even more money than they are, but I'm not sure it's accurate to refer to them as "the poor and the sick".

I just hope people are getting medical care.

Yes, the elderly overuse their earned benefits by crowding waiting rooms because they are lonely.

I've gotten some strange responses on this one.

Do people not know that this is a REAL issue ?

I was not aware this is a current problem. I know that decades ago it was a serious concern. The issue was thoroughly investigated and widely reported. Older people were in fact using visits to the doctor for social contact, giving them someone to talk to and something to do. The problem was worse for women because they lived longer than men. After co-payments for doctors visits were established/increased there was a noticeable decline in such unnecessary treatment.

As for me, I am a 77-year old male and although my medical treatment is free (I am covered by the VA) I never go to the doctor unless I really have to.

Yes, the elderly overuse their earned benefits by crowding waiting rooms because they are lonely.

I was not aware this is a current problem. I know that decades ago it was a serious concern. The issue was thoroughly investigated and widely reported. Older people were in fact using visits to the doctor for social contact, giving them someone to talk to and something to do. The problem was worse for women because they lived longer than men. After co-payments for doctors visits were established/increased there was a noticeable decline in such unnecessary treatment.

As for me, I am a 77-year old male and although my medical treatment is free (I am covered by the VA) I never go to the doctor unless I really have to.

What constitutes a problem is always up for debate.

However, this is still something of an issue.

A doctor friend brings it up regularly in our conversations.

Again...how bad ? Don't know.

Relative to 20 years ago ? Don't know.

Lonely Seniors Visit Doctors More Often

It's my hangout of choice. Whether you're looking to score weed or chicks, the ER is THE happening joint for elders.

Not the ER....please pay attention.

They simply visit the doctor because they get lonely.

What constitutes a problem is always up for debate.

However, this is still something of an issue.

A doctor friend brings it up regularly in our conversations.

Again...how bad ? Don't know.

Relative to 20 years ago ? Don't know.

Lonely Seniors Visit Doctors More Often

Great Link. Many thanks.

Forum List

Back