OBAMACARE: WE will parent your children - kicking down the door

The ignorance in this thread is amazing.

I can hardly wait for 2012 when Obama stomps the Republicans again.

:eek:

Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.

It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

Are you kidding me?! With whose parental principles and values? Their own? Certain experts'? From what field and theory of childhood development? As if there are one-size-fits-all parenting techniques! Do we really believe they would contextualize and personalize every form of parenting in their education, or would they merely universally indoctrinate with their own?

Are we to assume the state's mediators would understand every parent's social or religious core values on parenting? Or would they teach some secular-progressive and religiously neutered version of parental values and wisdom? And if they were to consult and coach those who expect babies, would they ever decide circumstances to be not beneficial for the children and encourage abortions?

-Chuck Norris
for full article:

Chuck Norris : Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare - Townhall.com

I worked at mental health (assistant to director) and we used to LAUGH at what childless mental health workers came up with to parent children.

You KNOW they don't have a clue because their advice keeps changing dramatically! It's full of fads and experiments that don't work. But they will tell you what to do with authority because they've got a degree (rolling eyes).

The thought of the government having access to our homes to tell us how to raise our kids with their atheist ideals is revolting. Parental rights have already corroded to almost nothing. This is OUTRAGEOUS.

nothing screams clueless quite like quoting chuck norris.

nice job, jent.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It is exactly this kind of thinking that got Obama in office in the first place...blind botlike adherance to the pseudo-messiah

keep clapping and laughing del, you're gonna reap the whirlwind

unfortunately we're being dragged along with you

America is like a boat on the ocean. Certain people are drilling holes in the bottom of the boat and telling others in the boat it's their right.

Drill away, laughing and clapping, drill on.

:eek:

I worked at mental health (assistant to director) and we used to LAUGH at what childless mental health workers came up with to parent children.

You KNOW they don't have a clue because their advice keeps changing dramatically! It's full of fads and experiments that don't work. But they will tell you what to do with authority because they've got a degree (rolling eyes).

The thought of the government having access to our homes to tell us how to raise our kids with their atheist ideals is revolting. Parental rights have already corroded to almost nothing. This is OUTRAGEOUS.

nothing screams clueless quite like quoting chuck norris.

nice job, jent.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

It is exactly this kind of thinking that got Obama in office in the first place...blind botlike adherance to the pseudo-messiah

keep clapping and laughing del, you're gonna reap the whirlwind

unfortunately we're being dragged along with you

America is like a boat on the ocean. Certain people are drilling holes in the bottom of the boat and telling others in the boat it's their right.

Drill away, laughing and clapping, drill on.

The people who drilled holes in the boat were Phil Gramm and George Bush.

Phil Gramm when he deregulated the financial industry which led to the collapse of OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY!

George Bush when he invaded a country that was no threat to us and wasted $700 billion dollars on a hole in the desert named Iraq!

The bill (HR II) is on-line. That page (page 838) is correct. Quote from page 844, "‘(iv) monitor fidelity of program implementation to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified model;"

I'm glad you guys are happy, I did not realize so many wanted to be monitored by the government

You must live in a happy world of kool-aid.

The bill (HR II) is on-line. That page (page 838) is correct. Quote from page 844, "‘(iv) monitor fidelity of program implementation to ensure that services are delivered according to the specified model;"

I'm glad you guys are happy, I did not realize so many wanted to be monitored by the government

Dream on, sister.

You are the one drinking kool aid.

I heard the government will also have direct access to our bank accounts and can empty them out at will!!!

:cuckoo:

They already do...it's called the IRS.
Good one. Though the IRS doesn't have access to your bank account.

I also heard that Obamacare will impregnate all white women and force them to abort!!!

I think you got that confused with 70 virgins...

specific sections were given....i wonder why dems don't post the relevent sections as rebuttal, instead doing nothing but making stupid fucking jokes and ad homs....

this is a serious issue and dems act like it is a joke.....pathetic and you wonder why people are not supportive. i have seen very few dems actually debate this bill with facts, 98% has been stupid jokes like i've seen in this thread.....

NJ is starting universal pre-school atarting at age three. I guess they don't have enough thugs to go into peoples homes to monitor their parenting skills so now you will have to forfeit them to the nanny state while they are still babies. Leftists love social engineering. Which dictator said "Give us your children?"

Hitler

Remember the Hitler-Jugend? Anti-semites and at the same time the Boy Scouts got banned.

How are the boy scouts holding up these days under liberal persecution and avalanches of lawsuits? How are the Jews holding up under Obama's administration?

:eusa_whistle:

Dream on, sister.

You are the one drinking kool aid.

If you use the language of this bill, then combine it with the language in the Patriot Act....well you seem smart enough to do the math.

Would you want to have this language in this bill if Bush was still in charge? I bet not.

Forum List

Back