ObamaCare supporters question.

I am a Democrat, and yes I supported health care reform. My support was based on personal experiences where I saw Patient needs were not being met. I knew it could be better.

What we got, however, in this reform is in no way anything I'd support and neither do any of the Democrats I know. This mess is a ghastly nightmare that deliberately carved treatments out of the plan in favor of experiments and medical murder.

Americans have always been there to help others when disasters struck, and yet we Americans tend to overlook the fact that our own people need help.

As I watched the hearings on this mess, you can bet I protested and protested loudly. I am still protesting this mess. No Democrat can be proud of what has been done.

It isn't just Medicare they screwed with. In their documents they also have VA medical care in that mix. Excuse me. That dog don't hunt.

Anybody, be it a politician, doctor, nurse, or average citizen who chooses to prey on the helpless, the sick, the disabled, the elderly and the financially poor are in my opinion, Psychopaths who have no business whatsoever making any decisions for their care and treatments.

If this situation were about "money", nobody in their right mind would have funded a heinous "committee" for a trillion dollars to save 3 million dollars. Three million dollars is nothing by comparison. Some idiot wants the helpless gone.

Personally, I want Obama, his horrible committees, and all his buddies out of my government and out of any and all influence and advisory positions in my government. All of us can get them out. Vote. Vote. Vote. Vote.

Let me say that again. VOTE.

And make lots and lots of noise.

Tragically, many really good and decent Democrats are being yanked down by Obama. That man is a boulder around all our necks.

The more I consider this issue, the more inclined I am to support something along the lines of the French system.

Actually, the only people who support "Obama Care" are those who sit on his committees -- committees that happened to be funded with our money, committees who make the judgments whether or not any of you get proper medical treatment.

Obama told them to go forth and convince the public this deadly scheme is a good thing.

The trouble is, nobody is buying into their con job. I think it would be nice if all of them received exactly what they are trying to herd everyone else into.

other than the mandate (which is designed to cover everyone in an attempt to bring down costs), what specifically are all you people against?

Republicans talk a lot about repealing the health care bill and replacing it with a more "common sense" bill. but are vague on offering any specific details about what they would change. (the same is actually true for any spending cuts to balance the budget, yet that is a whole other conversation) Here are all of the positives i see specifically:

- children can stay on their parents insurance until age 26
- you can not be denied coverage for having a preexisting condition
- you can no longer be dropped from your carrier when you get sick
- they have removed lifetime caps
- mammograms are now free
- requires health insurance plans to disclose how much of each premium dollar goes to patient care

everyone is also worried that this will lead to socialized medicine and thus patient care will suffer immensely. but we already have socialized medicine, and im sure that anyone who received medicare or medicaid would revolt if you took that away. (the same is true for social security) so if republicans are worried about the government take over, then why are they in support of medicare and medicaid? These two programs are the government providing low cost HC services to people, and we are all paying our for it through our taxes (or have you not looked at your payroll deductions?)

so i ask again, name a specific part of the legislation that you are against, then how you would exactly replace it.

(also, it is widely known that this health care bill was modeled after the bill that Republican Mitt Romney put forth in Massachusetts to provide health care to all the residents of that state. hmmmm a republican crafted bill rejected by all republicans........ interesting)

other than the mandate (which is designed to cover everyone in an attempt to bring down costs), what specifically are all you people against?

Republicans talk a lot about repealing the health care bill and replacing it with a more "common sense" bill. but are vague on offering any specific details about what they would change. (the same is actually true for any spending cuts to balance the budget, yet that is a whole other conversation) Here are all of the positives i see specifically:

- children can stay on their parents insurance until age 26
- you can not be denied coverage for having a preexisting condition
- you can no longer be dropped from your carrier when you get sick
- they have removed lifetime caps
- mammograms are now free
- requires health insurance plans to disclose how much of each premium dollar goes to patient care

everyone is also worried that this will lead to socialized medicine and thus patient care will suffer immensely. but we already have socialized medicine, and im sure that anyone who received medicare or medicaid would revolt if you took that away. (the same is true for social security) so if republicans are worried about the government take over, then why are they in support of medicare and medicaid? These two programs are the government providing low cost HC services to people, and we are all paying our for it through our taxes (or have you not looked at your payroll deductions?)

so i ask again, name a specific part of the legislation that you are against, then how you would exactly replace it.

(also, it is widely known that this health care bill was modeled after the bill that Republican Mitt Romney put forth in Massachusetts to provide health care to all the residents of that state. hmmmm a republican crafted bill rejected by all republicans........ interesting)

I'd think I'll paraphrase Alan Grayson:

Republican plan:
-HMOs decide what gets spent and on what. (Bottom line ya know)
-Don't get sick.
-If you do..die quickly.
-But if you are dying..go to the emergency room..we want to make sure to prolong the agony.
-And remember to pay your premiums on time.

i think the best question to ask here is do you think a company should be able to profit from people suffering or dying? when a health insurer or provides currently denies coverage or services, they do so to increase the bottom line. I therefore suggest that all insurers and provides be restructured as non profits or not for profits......... but then every republican would scream bloody murder if something as common sense as this occurred.

"Medical murder" isn't in the bill. How can you be for or against something you have such a poor understanding of?

I'm not saying you're wrong to be against it, I just want to hear some details that we can agree are bad.

EDIT: Sorry, Common Sense, that was directed at TossObama

Last edited:
i never said medical murder was in the law. i was simply stating a common practice in the current insurance industry of denying coverage when an individual gets sick. and I am not against the law, i am actually for the law, and the law as written will do away with this practice. i just believe that the bill does not go far enough in some areas. such as i think all HC providers should be a non profit or a not for profit. this way more of the premium $ actually goes towards patient care instead of to the bottom line. i also think HC providers and insurers should be allowed to be publicly traded. this again is a detriment to patient care. when you are in business to make money, your decisions will always be for the profitable decision, which in the HC industry in not necessarily the moral or ethical decision. HC providers and insurers are the 4th most profitable industry in the US. think about how much our premiums would go down if they were forced to take all those profit dollars and put them back into patient care?

Forum List

Back