Obamacare still vulnerable?

"Obamacare is the law of the land."
- Boehner

Boehner's hands are tied. He can't just make a full-on assault here. He doesn't have political cover. But, the States can turn this thing into a nightmare for Democrats and he's at no obligation to help them fix it.

He isn't as uncovered as you think. There's nothing that prevents him from slicing up Obamacare and feeding it back in pieces to the president in exchange for the other things Obama wants to do, right? Never underestimate how slimy Boehner can be.

Elections have consequences, Obamacare is going to be entrenched. No turning back on that. Many other things will be too, nothing to be done.

Interior proposal would limit commercial oil shale development on federal lands in West - The Hill's E2-Wire

Interior proposal would limit commercial oil shale development on federal lands in West
By Zack Colman - 11/09/12 02:07 PM ET

The Interior Department on Friday issued a final plan to close 1.6 million acres of federal land in the West originally slated for oil shale development.

The proposed plan would fence off a majority of the initial blueprint laid out in the final days of the George W. Bush administration. It faces a 30-day protest period and a 60-day process to ensure it is consistent with local and state policies. After that, the department would render a decision for implementation.

The move is sure to rankle Republicans, who say President Obama’s grip on fossil fuel drilling in federal lands is too tight...

The people have spoken. Granted not all, but enough.

Elections have consequences, Obamacare is going to be entrenched. No turning back on that. Many other things will be too, nothing to be done.

Interior proposal would limit commercial oil shale development on federal lands in West - The Hill's E2-Wire

Interior proposal would limit commercial oil shale development on federal lands in West

The Interior Department on Friday issued a final plan to close 1.6 million acres of federal land in the West originally slated for oil shale development.

The proposed plan would fence off a majority of the initial blueprint laid out in the final days of the George W. Bush administration. It faces a 30-day protest period and a 60-day process to ensure it is consistent with local and state policies. After that, the department would render a decision for implementation.

The move is sure to rankle Republicans, who say President Obama’s grip on fossil fuel drilling in federal lands is too tight...

That was my initial reaction as well, but if there's a way to push it back before it's implemented, why not go for it? Once it actually does become entrenched, we'll play hell getting rid of it. I had thought that the election was the final nail in the coffin. But it occurs to me that while Washington Republicans are in a hell of a bind, that's not necessarily the case for State Republicans.

That was my initial reaction as well, but if there's a way to push it back before it's implemented, why not go for it? Once it actually does become entrenched, we'll play hell getting rid of it. I had thought that the election was the final nail in the coffin. But it occurs to me that while Washington Republicans are in a hell of a bind, that's not necessarily the case for State Republicans.

State Republicans had better start assessing the message the party wants delivered, or there will be even fewer in 2 years.

Forum List

Back