Obamacare raises over $257 billion in taxes..

We already had health-care for everyone. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) is a U.S. Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospitals to provide care to anyone needing emergency health-care treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay.

The Obamacrats just hit the middle class with the largest TAX increase in history for no reason other than government can spend your money better than you can spend it yourself. :lol: We already had free national health-care. Democrats are such stupid tools. They are even happy about this TAX! :lol: Yes TAX, SCOTUS said it was a TAX!!!!!!!

BOY am I glad you mentioned EMTALA!!!

I've written about how this was such a good intention in 1986!
You forgot thought the STICK over hospitals head... If the hospital took Medicare they had to take care of the patient!

AND this is what has lead to hospitals sometimes MARKING up by 6,000% their claims for services to Medicare! For example some hospitals performing CAT scans bill Medicare a
$2,635 YET The services COST the hospital:$43
A 6,127.91% markup!

All because of "good intentions" but the snowball rolling down the hill has exploded!

By the way tell me what city you live in and I'll tell what your largest hospital is OVERBILLING Medicare!

Since you indicate that you know the numbers, perhaps you can tell me how much of that $2,635 bill does Medicare pay to the hospital? And, how was the COST of $43 determined? And, what do the hospitals charge for a CAT scan from someone that is 35 years old and has Blue Cross Blue shield insurance?

Last edited:
We already had health-care for everyone. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) is a U.S. Act of Congress passed in 1986 as part of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). It requires hospitals to provide care to anyone needing emergency health-care treatment regardless of citizenship, legal status or ability to pay.

The Obamacrats just hit the middle class with the largest TAX increase in history for no reason other than government can spend your money better than you can spend it yourself. :lol: We already had free national health-care. Democrats are such stupid tools. They are even happy about this TAX! :lol: Yes TAX, SCOTUS said it was a TAX!!!!!!!

The largest tax increase in history...really?
Where did you read that?
I'm sure that you've fact-checked it carefully.

Where did you read that?

Yes!!! - Actually, Obamacare Is the Biggest Tax Increase in History!

Where did you read that?

Yes!!! - Actually, Obamacare Is the Biggest Tax Increase in History!

God, you're so boring, try harder you partisan idiot, and call me in the morning.
Since the Supreme Court decision, Republicans have been calling the Affordable Care Act “the largest tax increase in the history of the world.” Politifact rates this false. Kevin Drum’s got a table of the 15 significant tax increases since 1950, and the Affordable Care Act, which amounts to a tax increase of 0.49 percent of GDP, comes in 10th. Austin Frakt took Drum’s table and made a chart:

So no, the Affordable Care Act isn’t the “biggest tax hike in history.” It’s not even the biggest tax hike in the past 60 years. Or 50 years. Or 30 years. Or 20 years.
No, ‘Obamacare’ isn’t ‘the largest tax increase in the history of the world’ (in one chart)

Attachments

• $Obamacare-tax-chart.jpg
    $Obamacare-tax-chart.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 60

Forum List

Back