Obamacare protester gives the finger to MOveOn.org

So, let me see if I have this straight.

By the old "anti" guy's own admission, he

"punched the guy in the face" and then "Punched him again, and his hand ened up in the guy's mouth"

Now, I'm just quoting what the guy actually said in the FoxNews interview.

That means, that the old guy committed assault and battery with intent to harm the finger-biter.

Whether the guy's finger got bitten off in the scuffle or not matters little...

as the old fingerless gentleman is in fact, by his own admission, possibly guilty of a felony, depending on the local laws...

and in just minutes you felt the need to start another thread?????? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Considering the title of this one, yes, definitely.

Since the title of this thread was so one-sided, setting the tone in a specific direction, another thread had to be started spinning the other side.

Now if you wish to change the title of this thread to something with less spin, then perhaps I'll remove the other thread.

That's the definition under Tort Law, for lawsuits, not Criminal Law.

do you have a link to definitions of assault and battery according to criminal law?

It's actually in there, my bad, "Assault and Battery" is defined as a single crime according to Criminal law. "Assault" is not separately defined.

Therefore "assault and battery" has not been committed unless one actually attempts to commit violence.

A simple explanation is provided here:

Assault and Battery - Criminal Lawyers

To quote:

What is Assault and Battery?
A Battery is any physical contact with another person, to which that other person has not consented. An Assault is an attempt to commit a battery.

Yes, and he personally paid into Medicare since it's inception. so out of pocket is true

And publicly paying for your health insurance through taxes is? Wait for it... Socialized Medicine!

when you"ve paid as long as he has we'll talk about it.

Actually, since payroll taxes have increased dramatically over the years (more than doubled), and I'm 40, I've almost paid as much as he has right now.

That's the definition under Tort Law, for lawsuits, not Criminal Law.

do you have a link to definitions of assault and battery according to criminal law?

It's actually in there, my bad, "Assault and Battery" is defined as a single crime according to Criminal law. "Assault" is not separately defined.

Therefore "assault and battery" has not been committed unless one actually attempts to commit violence.

To quote:

A Battery is any physical contact with another person, to which that other person has not consented. An Assault is an attempt to commit a battery.

so what does "an attempt to commit a battery consist of doyathink? a swing and a miss?

To quote:

so what does "an attempt to commit a battery consist of doyathink?

Trying to hit someone and failing.

And I think it's important to note, that in your link it says:

Provocation
Words alone, no matter how insulting or provocative, do not justify an assault or battery against the person who utters the words.

at the bottom.

Finger bitten off during health protest - Health care reform- msnbc.com

obamacareflagnazilogotr.jpg

threads merged.

I'm against health care reform, but I would find it hilariously ironic if he ends up not being able to afford his hospital bill.

Provocation
Words alone, no matter how insulting or provocative, do not justify an assault or battery against the person who utters the words.

at the bottom.

I wasn't speaking of insults,, verbal threats are battery. and you know it.

Provocation

at the bottom.

Even if that were the case, and believe me without a weapon of some sort it would be very hard to prove a "verbal threat" in court, the gentleman who did the hitting never mentioned any "verbal threats".

He in fact said that he was upset because the other guy "called him an idiot".

According to the law, it doesn't matter how badly the other guy was hurt.

The 65 year old committed assault and battery on the other gentleman. By his own admission the other person did not assault him first.

Therefore, any move taken in self-defense is perfectly acceptable.

Now, if it was me, I would have beaten the crap out of that old man, but then again, I know a thing or two about fighting. Perhaps this fellow didn't.

You are aware you say you know a thing or two about fighting and then advocate beating up an old man. So in essence, your knowledge of fighting revolves around takin' out old people - much like the Obama health plan.

Buddha would be so proud...

65 isn't "old" these days, and obviously the gentleman in question is not "feeble".

If he punched me in the face, twice, you can be damn sure I'd beat the crap out of him.

you could not beat the crap out of anyone, let alone a 65 year old man. but i bet his age has you feeling all froggy

There's a lot of people writing up spin about this, but the guy was very honest when he was interviewed about it afterwards.

What he did, according to his own testimony, was definitely assault and battery.

What I would suggest to him, if I were his lawyer, is to shut the hell up and let it die down before he gets himself arrested.

you could not beat the crap out of anyone, let alone a 65 year old man. but i bet his age has you feeling all froggy

LOL, whatever man. I'm quite confident in my abilities, and don't really need to prove them to you in any way.

You can keep on assuming that Liberal-types such as myself are little push-overs, one day you will find that you are sorely mistaken.

And mind you that's not in any way a threat, I'm sure it won't be me who teaches you the lesson. ROFL.

Provocation

at the bottom.

Calling someone an idiot is not battery.

I heard about it on Rush. Wow. Obama Supporters resorting to cannibalism to win the day. Fire up the Barbi and break open the A-1 Steak sauce. Where's Grand Pa? ... Be quiet and turn the spit honey or Grand Pa will burn. We do it to serve our leader Darling. Remember Hope and Change?

Typical of the lunatic fringe, an Obamacare supporter has bitten off the finger of a protestor speaking out against Obama's health care disaster. The story can be found here.

Also, a caller on the Rush Limbaugh show, who found the man's finger, reported the odd behavior of the individual. He reported that the Obamacare supporter walked across the street and provoked the elderly protestor. And as the scuffle proceeded, the Obamacare supporter bit off the finger of the elderly gentleman.

The attacker fled, but as the article above reports, police fortunately have a good description.

Democrats love to call Republicans extremists and call them crazy, but time after time we see it is the left who acts in an irrational, lunatic fashion. This is absolutely ridiculous behavior. Good thing Obamacare hasn't been passed yet, otherwise the man who lost the finger might have been even more out of luck.

It is about time that Obama pulls his thugs and enforcers off of the streets. None of the conservatives with handguns or rifles at protests caused any real problems, yet Obamacare supporters assault and bite off limbs. Which side is in fact made up of sane people? That's a rhetorical question
Obamacare supporter bites off finger of protester

MORE Assaults.

This is how the right is deciding to handle the debate:

Passerby's punch mars peaceful healthcare rally

A healthcare rally came to blows when a man got out of his car and punched a 65-year-old advocate of a healthcare overhaul.

A low-key rally for healthcare reform in Miami took an unexpected turn Wednesday when a 65-year-old man was punched in the face after a heated exchange with a passerby.

Luis Perrero was among about 40 supporters of a healthcare overhaul waving signs outside a Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce meeting headlined by U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., when a man in a green pickup truck stopped and began arguing with the crowd.
The roadside exchange, which began with questions about the costs of a government-run healthcare plan, quickly turned into a volley of Spanish and English curse words and insults, witnesses said.

When Perrero uttered an offensive Spanish expletive, Raul Anasagasti, who was driving the pickup, punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground. Police arrested and charged Anasagasti.

Miami man takes punch, LA man loses finger fighting over healthcare reform

It's only a matter of time before there is a murder...

LOS ANGELES - One man bit off part of another man's finger when a health care reform demonstration turned violent.

William Rice said doctors did not reattach the bitten-off part of his left pinky after he got in the middle of a Southern California rally Wednesday night that he said was "very scary."

"I didn't go out to demonstrate my beliefs, I happened to be driving by and I stopped to ask people what their purpose was," Rice, 65, said in a telephone interview Thursday. "I had no signs, I was not part of the demonstration."

About 100 demonstrators in favor of health care reform had gathered on a Thousand Oaks street corner for an event organized by MoveOn.org. About 25 counterdemonstrators gathered across the street.

Rice declined to say Thursday which side of the debate he falls on.

Ventura County sheriff's spokesman Eric Buschow said a confrontation erupted after the biter crossed from the MoveOn.org side of the street to the counterprotest, where Rice was standing.

A loud scuffle ensued, punches were thrown, and the tip of Rice's finger was bitten off, Buschow said.

The biter fled before authorities arrived. He could face felony mayhem charges.

"We don't know the identity of the man who bit the finger off," Buschow said. "We want to contact him and get his side of the story."

Buschow said authorities are piecing together the events from witness interviews.

There are conflicting accounts of who started the fight, Buschow said. "There's a question about blurring the line between self-defense and who the primary aggressor was," he said.

Rice was treated at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center. The top joint of his pinky, including his whole fingernail, was severed, hospital spokeswoman Kris Carraway-Bowman said.

She said his treatment was covered by Medicare.

Rice said he and his attacker did not have a conversation about health care unless "you want to call him screaming in my face that I'm an idiot a conversation."
Part of man's pinky bitten off when scuffle erupts at Southern California health care protest | StarTribune.com

Forum List

Back