Obamacare premiums stabilizing

I think that article said it all for PA as you well know each state and company is different ours were going to raise 7-9% and that included birthdate increase you would have received anyway. They are now going to rise for silver plans 45%. I have no link those are inter company bulletins.

That's one of the problems here we're all arguing (including me) but we are not looking at each individual state or insurance company. Although, I never claimed to know what was going on in CA or any state that had their own exchange.

If the insurance companies need to keep raising rates to make money,

where in hell do the Republicans think that lower rates are going to come from with whatever plans the Republicans are proposing?
What better way to increase your bottom line than having the government cover for you with taxes. Lower rates come from being competitive. Not a government subsidy.

Then why did all the insurance companies pull out of the exchanges where the customers ARE getting subsidies?

I believe they did not receive the risk corridor monies they were promised, so therefore took some huge losses.

where in hell do the Republicans think that lower rates are going to come from with whatever plans the Republicans are proposing?
What better way to increase your bottom line than having the government cover for you with taxes. Lower rates come from being competitive. Not a government subsidy.

Then why did all the insurance companies pull out of the exchanges where the customers ARE getting subsidies?
Because even with that it still wasn’t enough. You can’t demand everyone gets Cadillac insurance at Schwinn prices. That’s why obiecare continues to collapse.

I believe they did not receive the risk corridor monies they were promised, so therefore took some huge losses.
That ought to teach you not to trust a democrat.

How is an insurance company supposed to stay in business when it collects limited premiums but has to pay unlimited benefits?

What ever is wrong with the ACA don't see anything better being proposed. that may be why many would rather we just went back to the drawing board (saved a few of our tax dollars) and fixed the ACA.

GOP owns this now? Appears the Democrats are praying for this to be believed by voters. They haven't stood up for Obamacare since the election, instead choosing to just stymie the Presidents objectives, but never coming out to defend Obamacare, only to help "improve it".

Have your cake and eat it too. Don't admit it's a failure, but "tweak" the existing Obamacare and pretend you've come to the rescue, and of course if it doesn't work (as it most likely won't), you can blame the GOP.

The GOP have their failings in not repealing and replacing, but Obamacare is clearly the Democrats. Now they have some in their ranks pushing for single payer a la, poor, government controlled healthcare in Canada and elsewhere that is failing.

The GOP owns it. Voters want Obamacare fixed not repealed and they prefer Obamacare to anything the Republicans have put out. The Republicans made this partisan by not even reaching out to moderate Democrats like Joe Manchin. Now we have a bi-partisan agreement on the CSRs. The Republicans have a choice. They can pass this bi-partisan agreement or make it a partisan issue.
then why did americans vote for repeal? for five years? you're mistaken.

You are mistaken. People want is fixed not repealed. It was easy for the Republicans to be against something but now they have to be for something. Voters are not liking it.
again, five years the GOP ran on repeal. excuse me, seven years ran on REPEAL and they won. so again you lefturd, there is nothing about fix in any of that. fking loser.

Guess the joke is on you because you voted on promises of repeal and got fucked, good the more you take it the better.
yeah, I supposed so, who'd have thunk after seven years of running on repeal those politicians reneged? D'oh, they are politicians.

What ever is wrong with the ACA don't see anything better being proposed. that may be why many would rather we just went back to the drawing board (saved a few of our tax dollars) and fixed the ACA.
whatever is wrong is that it can't fund itself. duhhhh

There is a lot of things wrong with it and fixable parts, but I believe it's too late to fix it.

Because even with that it still wasn’t enough. You can’t demand everyone gets Cadillac insurance at Schwinn prices. That’s why obiecare continues to collapse.
And as a result of Trump removing subsidies. Some folks can get bronze plans for free and gold plans cheaper than a silver plan in some states.

Forum List

Back