Obamacare outlaws government gun registration (will Obama break his own law?)

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Thing is, if Obama can break any of the stupid Obamacare laws, do the rest of us get to do that? It does say in the bill that government cannot collect any information regarding legal gun owners. If one part of the law gets ignored, then why not start ignoring the more oppressive aspects of the bill, like the real time access to our money or the new taxes government confiscates when we sell our homes. I wonder if any Democrats are upset that they didn't bother to find out what was in the bill. I am sure they will find some flimsy loophole so they can continue to only follow laws that they like. I especially don't want to hear a peep from the royal idiot, Pelosi, regarding this part of Obamacare. Dems were hellbent on passing it and now I wonder how many will have the nerve to stand up and say some parts of it are wrong. They love all the new taxes hidden in the bill, but anything that protects our rights will likely come under fire and changed. Will they make amends and attempt to shove it through without the House or by executive order? Dictators do as they please, regardless of constitution or other laws, so this should be interesting.

Pass it to find out: Obamacare outlaws government gun registration

Remember when Obamacare was rammed through the legislature and no one had time to actually read the bill before voting on it? Some of us suggested that maybe this wasn't the best plan. We argued that perhaps - just perhaps - it would be better to know what laws you're creating before they're enacted.

It was around this time that Nancy Pelosi took to the microphones and famously claimed that "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."

Well, she's about to become very familiar with "what's in it."

Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c. was attached to the Obamacare bill by none other than Harry Reid. Evidently, it was written to appease the National Rifle Association, and make sure the organization didn’t get involved with the health care debate. At the time, Reid was a staunch advocate of the 2nd Amendment, though he now claims his views on guns "are changing."

Irony of ironies: CNN is reporting that his amendment makes it illegal for the federal government to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

Politics: Pass it to find out: Obamacare outlaws government gun registration | CainTV

It will be very interesting to see how the commiecrats try to walk this one back. I heard on the news this morning that Biden will provide his report to Maobama the day after the inauguration, funny how he can know that when he's still involved in meetings with stakeholders. Go figure.

I've never heard of Cain TV.

Can you please provide a link to the actual law, and quote the relevant part, please?

Thanks.

Thing is, if Obama can break any of the stupid Obamacare laws, do the rest of us get to do that? It does say in the bill that government cannot collect any information regarding legal gun owners. If one part of the law gets ignored, then why not start ignoring the more oppressive aspects of the bill, like the real time access to our money or the new taxes government confiscates when we sell our homes. I wonder if any Democrats are upset that they didn't bother to find out what was in the bill. I am sure they will find some flimsy loophole so they can continue to only follow laws that they like. I especially don't want to hear a peep from the royal idiot, Pelosi, regarding this part of Obamacare. Dems were hellbent on passing it and now I wonder how many will have the nerve to stand up and say some parts of it are wrong. They love all the new taxes hidden in the bill, but anything that protects our rights will likely come under fire and changed. Will they make amends and attempt to shove it through without the House or by executive order? Dictators do as they please, regardless of constitution or other laws, so this should be interesting.

Remember when Obamacare was rammed through the legislature and no one had time to actually read the bill before voting on it? Some of us suggested that maybe this wasn't the best plan. We argued that perhaps - just perhaps - it would be better to know what laws you're creating before they're enacted.

It was around this time that Nancy Pelosi took to the microphones and famously claimed that "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."

Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c. was attached to the Obamacare bill by none other than Harry Reid. Evidently, it was written to appease the National Rifle Association, and make sure the organization didn’t get involved with the health care debate. At the time, Reid was a staunch advocate of the 2nd Amendment, though he now claims his views on guns "are changing."

Irony of ironies: CNN is reporting that his amendment makes it illegal for the federal government to collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

Politics: Pass it to find out: Obamacare outlaws government gun registration | CainTV

Here is what your own link says:

Despite what CNN is saying, it would appear that this only forbids the government's use of Obamacare as an excuse to register your guns. It would not prevent registration by other federal agencies, nor would it superceed legislation that is not based on the health care law. It will Likely end up as the basis for a legal challenge, but it probably won't get very far.

So your premise to this topic is completely false.

42 USC § 300gg
(c) Protection of Second Amendment gun rights
(1) Wellness and prevention programs
A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

(2) Limitation on data collection
None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to—
(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

(3) Limitation on databases or data banks
None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

(4) Limitation on determination of premium rates or eligibility for health insurance
A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon—
(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

(5) Limitation on data collection requirements for individuals
No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to—
(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

Like the man said, this law does not prevent any of these requirements from being written into another law. It is obvious from paragraph 4 this section of the law is intended to prevent your health insurance rates changing due to whether or not you own a gun.

It is ironic the opening poster made fun of people who did not see what is in the law.

Topic FAIL.

Last edited:
Thing is, if Obama can break any of the stupid Obamacare laws, do the rest of us get to do that? It does say in the bill that government cannot collect any information regarding legal gun owners.

Let's get this straight: WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE AVERAGE LEGAL GUN OWNER.

We care about the people who lie on their NIC forms.

We care about the people who transport guns across state lines for sale to criminals.

We care about the people who go to gun shows after their local deal won't sell to them.

We care about the domestic abusers, the dishonorable discharges, the mentally ill who illegally possess guns.

Do you understand the difference between legal ownership and illegal possession.

Section 922(g) of the Brady Act prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:

1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
    [*]Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
  9. Has a record of being a felon

Section 922(n) of the Act makes it unlawful for any person who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship or transport any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receive any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

I think many nutters may be worried about that restraining order their x-pig-girlfriend took out on them.

So I tried reading Obamacare.
The amount of bullshit in it is spectacular so I gave up. SOMEWHERE in there is a law about Healthcare Reform.

The amount of bullshit in it is spectacular so I gave up. SOMEWHERE in there is a law about Healthcare Reform.

Might I suggest curling up with a good summary?

Written by who? Most of us have an excuse for not understanding it since Obama didn't allow open discussion and not posting it online, as he promised. I would expect those actually voting on it to have a decent understanding of what is in it, but they don't. I won't take criticism for not having a working understanding when idiots, like Pelosi, spent months pushing something they have no clue about.

The law regarding government not registering legal guns is in the healthcare and it was meant to appease some people so they wouldn't go against it. It makes no sense that it would only cover doctors asking about guns. We have so many laws that overlap and even contradict each other.

It's a big shame that the health care law has more language about more taxes involving home sales and other things and little to do wth health care. It's just another example of how they claim that a bill targets a specific problem when, in reality, it pushes an agenda and the problem is it supposed to fix gets little mention.

Face it, we cannot trust government. They lie, hide things from us and then change the rules to suit their own purposes.

Last edited:

This is beautiful!
‘‘(c) PROTECTION OF SECOND AMENDMENT
GUN RIGHTS.—
‘‘(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PRO-
GRAMS.—A wellness and health promotion
activity implemented under subsection
(a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or
collection of any information relating to—
‘‘(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-
possessed firearm or ammunition in the resi-
dence or on the property of an individual; or
‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage
of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
‘‘(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None
of the authorities provided to the Secretary
under the Patient Protection and Affordable
Care Act or an amendment made by that Act
shall be construed to authorize or may be
used for the collection of any information re-
lating to—
‘‘(A) the lawful ownership or possession of
a firearm or ammunition;
‘‘(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammu-
nition; or
‘‘(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or am-
munition.
‘‘(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA
BANKS.—None of the authorities provided to
the Secretary under the Patient Protection
and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
made by that Act shall be construed to au-
thorize or may be used to maintain records
of individual ownership or possession of a
firearm or ammunition.
‘‘(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PRE-
MIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH IN-
SURANCE.—A premium rate may not be in-
creased, health insurance coverage may not
be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward
offered for participation in a wellness pro-
gram may not be reduced or withheld under
any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or
in accordance with the Patient Protection
and Affordable Care Act or an amendment
made by that Act on the basis of, or on reli-
ance upon—
a firearm or ammunition; or
‘‘(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm
or ammunition.
‘‘(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION RE-
QUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.—No individual
shall be required to disclose any information
under any data collection activity author-
ized under the Patient Protection and Af-
fordable Care Act or an amendment made by
that Act relating to—
a firearm or ammunition; or
‘‘(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage
of a firearm or ammunition.’’.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see how the commiecrats try to walk this one back. I heard on the news this morning that Biden will provide his report to Maobama the day after the inauguration, funny how he can know that when he's still involved in meetings with stakeholders. Go figure.

If you would leave out the "commiecrats" and "Maobama" you might be taken seriously. Honestly when you post crap like that I immediately assume you're one more model of a cracker.

Thing is, if Obama can break any of the stupid Obamacare laws, do the rest of us get to do that? It does say in the bill that government cannot collect any information regarding legal gun owners.

Let's get this straight: WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE AVERAGE LEGAL GUN OWNER.

We care about the people who lie on their NIC forms.

We care about the people who transport guns across state lines for sale to criminals.

We care about the people who go to gun shows after their local deal won't sell to them.

We care about the domestic abusers, the dishonorable discharges, the mentally ill who illegally possess guns.

Do you understand the difference between legal ownership and illegal possession.

Section 922(g) of the Brady Act prohibits certain persons from shipping or transporting any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receiving any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, or possessing any firearm in or affecting commerce. These prohibitions apply to any person who:

1. Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  2. Is a fugitive from justice;
  3. Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  4. Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
  5. Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
  6. Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
  7. Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
  8. Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner, or;
  9. Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
  10. Has a record of being a felon

Section 922(n) of the Act makes it unlawful for any person who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship or transport any firearm in interstate or foreign commerce, or receive any firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

I think many nutters may be worried about that restraining order their x-pig-girlfriend took out on them.

In other words you, and whoever that we you think you represent is, are perfectly happy with gun laws that already exist.

Might I suggest curling up with a good summary?

Written by who? Most of us have an excuse for not understanding it since Obama didn't allow open discussion and not posting it online, as he promised. I would expect those actually voting on it to have a decent understanding of what is in it, but they don't. I won't take criticism for not having a working understanding when idiots, like Pelosi, spent months pushing something they have no clue about.

There's no shortage of excellent summaries, it's just a matter of how detailed you want it to get and how you prefer it be organized. If pretending Pelosi has "no clue" about the ACA is the, ah, "excuse" you need to still be clueless three years in, so be it. You don't have to care about or be interested in this.

Forum List

Back