Obamacare Mess!

Debbie K.

Rookie
Nov 15, 2014
I work in medical billing so I see the end result of Obamacare. People did not read the fine print. Deductibles are running anywhere from $2,500 to $6,000. Because the deductibles are so high, patients are being made to pay for their MRIs, CTs and bloodwork up front so patients aren't getting their ordered tests and aren't returning for followup visits when they need them. Federal employees have the best healthcare available through Federal Blueshield. No deductibles! Low or no copays! Everyone in DC who composed Obamacare does not have to participate in it! I could not believe it when it passed! Doctors and diagnostic facilities have no choice but to collect all of their money up front because the patients are not going to pay their bills! It is forcing many doctorst to retire early. My healtcare plan does not have any coverage for preventative care! No annual GYN visit. No checkup, no preventative bloodwork screening! They will give me coverage for a stroke, heart attack or cancer treatments once they develop. I just can't check to see if I have a problem developing! Wake up America! I agree for their needs to be change but not this. EVERYONE SHOULD BE MADE TO PARTICIPATE IN OBAMACARE, INCLUDING OBAMA! They are our REPRESENTATIVES and should not be treated any differently than the general population. Gruber knew exactly what he was doing and should be made to participate in it as well. If an illegal alien goes into a hospital, their bill is written off as "charity". A legal, tax paying citizen of the U.S. will be made to pay their deductible and balance on their hospital bill or be sent to collections! Prisoners get their healthcare for free! Many who are getting insurance for free have no intention of returning to work! And remember America, your taxes are due on April 15th or the IRS is coming after you with penalties! If you are illegal, you don't have to pay any taxes or penalties!

You had ample time to come up with changes. You did not acknowledge the states that opted not to expand medicaid. Nor did you acknowledge the states that came up with their own plan.

I wanted universal health care. I'm guessing you didn't want that either.

You had ample time to come up with changes. You did not acknowledge the states that opted not to expand medicaid. Nor did you acknowledge the states that came up with their own plan.

I wanted POS democrats like you to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. I'm guessing you didn't want to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE because you need to take the food off my children's table to make your way in life.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I wanted POS democrats like you to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. I'm guessing you didn't want to LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE because you need to take the food off my children's table to make your way in life.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

I'm not a democrat. Try again. Do you have anything more than insane rants?

The Libs will have a field day on this, and I might even get slammed by my own side........I've been against Obamacare from the start................

I had to drop my insurance at work. Small company and the rates were high already but I had Blue Cross Blue Shield at 80/20. Rates went up over 60% and I had no choice but to drop. Couldn't afford it anymore..........

Wife has old wreck problems..........Now no insurance..........stomach pains and ambulance ride to hospital.........diagnosed with gall stones......bad gal bladder............at emergency room.........sent home after having to put 2 iv bags in her white as a ghost coming in........veins collapsed and the ambulance couldn't get the iv in on the way.............They knew she needed surgery then and there.........but we were sent home.

Went to docs.............said she needed surgery as soon as possible..........went to surgeon and he said the same............also found hernia.............so we attempted to schedule..........Hospital estimated cost at 25k for the surgery even though outpatient................surgeon at 4k

Doc wanted 2k up front, and hospital wanted 11k up front...............$13,000.............up front before any surgery was scheduled.................with and estimated remaining bill of $16,000..............

I had actually registered on the ACA website..........to talk about prices for the family after losing insurance........................open enrollment was over, but anyone already registered could still sign up.............so I enrolled in the bronze plan.........1 week later we scheduled the surgery, after the Policy from Blue Cross kicked in...........PAID 2K to the DOC.............4K to the hospital before being allowed to schedule the surgery...........6k up front..............Had surgery billing was about where the hospital said it would be.................

Blue Cross paid half of the billing by the hospital...........total cost after the Insurance changed the overall cost was 16k...............we got a refund of a little 2k from Blue Cross. Our cost 4k.............plus insurance premiums.............

But we were able to come up with the money...........If not......we would have been screwed.................I pay less for Obamacare than my old premiums..........but the insurance isn't even close to what we had that we were forced to lose................by higher rates..............My out of pocket would have been half under my old insurance...........

So, I got screwed by Obamacare and lost insurance............with no insurance we were rejected service and are still paying the 6k for the first ambulance ride and service...............4k for the deductable under Obamacare...............plus the premiums..............even lower rates I lost big overall when I lost my insurance.............even though I now have it.

Had I not had the money and credit, we would have not gotten the surgery.........they refused to order it without money up front................rejected at the other time because we didn't have insurance even though surgery was needed................those without the HIGH DEDUCTABLES UP FRONT even with insurance will NOT GET SERVED.................unless they are actually DYING..............

I was better off before even with higher rates...........as now I've had to pay far more for far less insurance.........when taken for what happened.

Eagle, why in the hell would anyone have a field day with your situation?

I think it sucks.

Eagle, why in the hell would anyone have a field day with your situation?

I think it sucks.
My wife's surgeon was jamb up.............GREAT DOCTOR..............the insurance side of what happened to me and my family sucks..........but the outcome isn't as my wife got the surgery she needed..............

In the end, that is all that mattered..........I was fully prepared to kick out the original 13k with 10k on credit cards to get the surgery without insurance.........but with the remained of that bill and the add on of 6k the OUTPATIENT surgery and added ambulance ride would have totaled $35,000 total............

Old rates from work were at 13k a year. Family coverage went from $1020 a month to $1650 a month at work.

BTW my insurance before was killing me........I'm not rich by any means, but we get by...............Keeping the insurance from my company was necessary due to the damage in the past from an auto wreck that we were lucky to survive.............

T-Boned by a lady running a stop sign at approx 65mph........we were doing 60 or so only 3 miles from our house..........Had I hit the breaks instead of flooring the gas pedal and turning the wheel hard left me and my wife would be gone now.........It happened in a second...........

I got busted up but nothing major......but my wife was busted up. broken/crushed left foot...........broken pelvis.........fractured hip..............intestines had to be sewn back together............lacerated liver...........and almost broken neck...............The drive shaft of the truck was found 60 feet in the woods...........as it was sheared off upon impact.............full gas tank flowed into the cab on top of my wife.........the only reason we didn't burn alive was that the positive post of the battery was broken off on impact where we flipped 2 and a half times.........

Which is exactly why I was so prepared to pay the high premiums form work that were costing me 13k a year............but WHEN IT INCREASED I SIMPLY COULDN'T AFFORD IT ANYMORE.

No the hell I didn't.............I had a couple of weeks from the time of the rate increases.........so I dropped it.......

I looked for over insurance away from Obamacare but their rates were high as well.................

so spare me that this is my fault...........THE LAW DEMS PASSED JACKED UP MY PREMIUMS..........PERIOD...............and IT COST ME MY INSURANCE..................

That is what it did for me.........

In the end it saved my ass from possible bankruptcy.............but in the beginning it cost me my insurance.................

So did I get screwed or saved..........It's all a matter of what your opinion is on the whole deal......and on the whole deal INSURANCE RATES OF COMPANIES ARE GOING UP.

No the hell I didn't.............I had a couple of weeks from the time of the rate increases.........so I dropped it.......

I looked for over insurance away from Obamacare but their rates were high as well.................

so spare me that this is my fault...........THE LAW DEMS PASSED JACKED UP MY PREMIUMS..........PERIOD...............and IT COST ME MY INSURANCE..................

That is what it did for me.........

In the end it saved my ass from possible bankruptcy.............but in the beginning it cost me my insurance.................

So did I get screwed or saved..........It's all a matter of what your opinion is on the whole deal......and on the whole deal INSURANCE RATES OF COMPANIES ARE GOING UP.

Stop right there! Do you have multiple IDs?

Sorry for the last outburst..........this subject pisses me off...........went to dsir's post directed to someone else.......

SORRY..........VENTING..............

Riddle me this....................How can someone making far less than me, with no savings and no credit have gotten the surgery under Obamacare in my circumstance.............They would have been in the same situation at the time of the surgery........having to come up with 6k up front or NO SURGERY...............

What pisses me off is the medical treatment for me but not for thee attitude.

If you had an ambulance service that was owned at the local level by a town or a county and it was sold off to a privately owned company, the cost of an ambulance doubled. Further, they don't have to respond as quickly. So, where was the eyeballing of the contracts at that time? No? So, that's an easy grand right there.

When you walk into the ER that's another how much? In some locations it is necessary to sign yourself in and wait. So, anybody have a recent bill for the pleasure of sitting in the waiting room?

There are people that have been denied medical treatment because they did not have insurance.

What is this "YOU had ample time to come up with changes" HORSE SHIT?

Do you NOT REMEMBER the LOCKED DOORS in which obamacare was written behind, that is, REPUBLICANS LOCKED OUT?

Do you NOT REMEMBER the revisions put forth by republicans that were FLAT REJECTED by DEMOCRATS?

Do you NOT REMEMBER that obamacare was passed without the MAJORITY of representatives even READING IT?

Do you NOT REMEMBER that obamacare pasted with FULL DEMOCRAT SUPPORT, and not ONE REPUBLICAN VOTE?

Do you NOT REMEMBER the BRIBES and BUY OFFS it took to get the last couple democrats on board so it COULD PASS?

Now can you say anything more STUPID if you TRY?

For Christ sake, you have to be some kind of absolute fucking MORON... either that or a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Last edited:

Do you NOT REMEMBER the LOCKED DOORS in which obamacare was written behind?

Do you NOT REMEMBER the revisions put forth by republicans that were FLAT REJECTED by DEMOCRATS?

Do you NOT REMEMBER that obamacare was passed without the MAJORITY of people even READING IT?

Do you NOT REMEMBER that obamacare pasted with FULL DEMOCRAT SUPPORT, and not ONE REPUBLICAN VOTE?

For Christ sake, you have to be some kind of absolute fucking MORON... either that a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Do you remember single payer being taken off the table?

Prior to Obamacare, what was put forth?

I'll wait.

Does anyone remember that there was life before Obamacare?

Was there ANY attempt to regulate the insurance industry?

Do you NOT REMEMBER the LOCKED DOORS in which obamacare was written behind?

Do you NOT REMEMBER that obamacare was passed without the MAJORITY of people even READING IT?

For Christ sake, you have to be some kind of absolute fucking MORON... either that a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Do you remember single payer being taken off the table?

Prior to Obamacare, what was put forth?

I'll wait.
Do you know what COMMUNISM IS?

Do you know what TYRANNY IS?

Do you know that the government isn't supposed to be able to FORCE YOU TO BUY SOMETHING, but yet HERE WE ARE?

Do you know that the thanks is all due to DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA?

Forum List

Back