Obamacare Kicking In (And The People Like It So Far!!)

And you should know. You're too much of a pussy to debate me in public so you chose to "neg" me for my OP in private instead. And for what? Just because I started a thread that you diagreed with? Well you can KMA pussy.

You stupid ass.... here is what I said in private "any 26 yr old on mommies insurance is a FUCKING PUSSY"

How does that differ with what I said in "public"?

:fu:

I guessed he was 30-something, still in Mommy's basement. He's 26? Hell, he's eligible to grow a set and enlist. We have seven or eight wars going on he can help win for Obama.

Don't hold your breath for that one W.

Its fun to talk about war. Not so much fun to actually fight in one.

Wait till the rest of Obamacare kicks in.

Wait till those with insurance see what its going to cost them to cover all those without.

Wonder if Goosey will be so high on Obamacare then.

Guess what? WE'RE ALREADY PAYING FOR THOSE W/O HEALTH CARE.

If someone who can afford HC chooses not to buy a policy goes to the ER the hospital is REQUIRED to treat them. And what happens? They can sue to get back a little of the costs but you and I will have to pay the rest of his or her bill.

By requiring one to purchase HC coverage he or she will have to the personal responsibility (remember those words?) to shoulder their fair share of the costs.

What do you have against requiring personal responsibility? I thought conservatives believed in that.

Your right about us having to pay.

But then we have no choice in the matter.

The Clowns in our Govt have decided that those of us that have need to take care of those that don't have not matter the reason. May work for you but it doesn't for me.

Believe me. If I had my way not one dime of my money would go to take care of anyone.

I do believe in personal responsibility which is why I take care of me and mine. Always have and always will.

And that's what separates people like you from people with compassion and the understanding of what it's like to live in a society.

I hear what you're saying. And I don't like the system we have. Insurance is way to intertwined in to our lives. However, too many people were not getting adequate care because of that system. Unless we had radical change to the system we needed to figure out a way to at least make sure everyone was able to gain access to the shit system we have decided to keep.

Thats where we most definitely disagree.

The way the system was as it pertained to those who could not afford insurance was working fine.
The ER was adequate....they got the care they needed...and yes, the tax payer had to foot the bulk of the bill....but I was OK with that.
Contrary to the rhetoric, no one was denied care in the ER due to lack of insurance...no one died.....yes, there was that one poor sould who died due to begligence of the RN who ignored her...but that was human error....not due to lack of insurance.

As for pre existing conditions...that is another story. That was actually created by the greed of the public. Some could afford insurance but did not buy it until they needed it....gaming the game in other words...so what were the insurance companies supposed to do?

And the fix for that?

If you have a pre existing condition, you are not to be denied if you can prove that you had existing insurance when you were diagnosed with the condition.

For those that cant afford insurance but come down with a serious ailment? You must prove you can not afford insurance and the tax payer will pay for your care.

Yes, it may prove to be costly....but there is no mandate to buy something by the government.

As for me....I am not all wrapped up in the cost to the tax payer....I am a conservative...I am wrapped up in the government telling me that I must buy something...even though I will buy it anyway. It is the principle of it......and it can open some really ugly doors as well.

You're right we do disagree. The system was anything but "working fine". The system was forcing more and more people out every year. Every year more and more people were declaring bankruptcy because of medical bills, and a majority of those HAD insurance. So the system was FAR from working fine. It needed a dramatic overhaul. This legislation didn't go far enough but it did address some of the issues that people faced. I just wished it addressed more.

And the ER was far from an adequate solution for those without insurance. The ER is there to stabilize, not treat. How many people do know get their chemotherapy at the ER? On top of that, getting your care through the ER is one of the most costly ways of going about it. That cost which can't be picked up by the millions of people who don't have insurance is passed on to the rest of us through increased premiums. So yeah, we definitely will have to disagree on just how well the "solution" of using the ER as a catch-all solution for the uninsured was working.

yeah....

well....

uh.....

......You are ugly and a stupid head.

Survey: Significant drop in uninsured young adults

The number of young adults without health insurance has dropped significantly, a new survey finds, thanks to a provision of President Barack Obama's health care law allowing them to stay on their parents' plans.

The new Gallup poll findings translate to about 1 million more young adults with health insurance.

.....coverage for young adults has proven to be a popular and relatively low-cost benefit that families were eager to sign up for in these days of prolonged school-to-work transitions.

DaGoose.....

I know you are smarter than that.
Lets be real here.......2 provisions kicked in FIRST....

Children under 26 years of age get to be on their parents plan FREE OF CHARGE
Pre Existing conditions are no longer acceptable reasons for denial

Gee...ya think anyone is going to say..."wow, those two provisions suck ass"

Do you think it was an accident for those two to kick in first and the "negative" provisions slated to kick in AFTER the 2012 election?

It's impressive, isn't it... just how damned gullible some Americans can be.

Wait till the rest of Obamacare kicks in.

Wait till those with insurance see what its going to cost them to cover all those without.

Wonder if Goosey will be so high on Obamacare then.

If someone who can afford HC chooses not to buy a policy goes to the ER the hospital is REQUIRED to treat them. And what happens? They can sue to get back a little of the costs but you and I will have to pay the rest of his or her bill.

By requiring one to purchase HC coverage he or she will have to the personal responsibility (remember those words?) to shoulder their fair share of the costs.

What do you have against requiring personal responsibility? I thought conservatives believed in that.

The Clowns in our Govt have decided that those of us that have need to take care of those that don't have not matter the reason. May work for you but it doesn't for me.

Believe me. If I had my way not one dime of my money would go to take care of anyone. I do believe in personal responsibility which is why I take care of me and mine. Always have and always will.

I must believe you think like I do......I dont need governemnt to make me pay.....for I will gladly do it on my own.

DaGoose.....

Lets be real here.......2 provisions kicked in FIRST....

Children under 26 years of age get to be on their parents plan FREE OF CHARGE
Pre Existing conditions are no longer acceptable reasons for denial

Gee...ya think anyone is going to say..."wow, those two provisions suck ass"

Do you think it was an accident for those two to kick in first and the "negative" provisions slated to kick in AFTER the 2012 election?

It's impressive, isn't it... just how damned gullible some Americans can be.

our politicians play us as fools...

And sadly, many of us fall for it.

Believe me. If I had my way not one dime of my money would go to take care of anyone.

I do believe in personal responsibility which is why I take care of me and mine. Always have and always will.

And that's what separates people like you from people with compassion and the understanding of what it's like to live in a society.

Excuse me if I don't agree.

If someone comes to me and ASKS me for a contribution for someone then I would be the first to step up to the plate.

If I CHOOSE to give my money to a charity then its my choice.

When I choose to give its because I chose to give not because some Clown in Govt decides that I should support every freeloader in America.

Sorry if thats not how your world rolls but its definetly how mine does.

Believe me. If I had my way not one dime of my money would go to take care of anyone. I do believe in personal responsibility which is why I take care of me and mine. Always have and always will.

I must believe you think like I do......I dont need governemnt to make me pay.....for I will gladly do it on my own.

Yeah, you would but unfortunately we can't rely on solutions that "hope" people will donate to charity. You can see peoples greed on full display in this thread alone. People only care about themselves, which is why we need some sort of system that ensures people get the care they need.

Yeah, you would but unfortunately we can't rely on solutions that "hope" people will donate to charity. You can see peoples greed on full display in this thread alone. People only care about themselves, which is why we need some sort of system that ensures people get the care they need.

Well RD there must be plenty of likeminded folks around.

Start your own charity.

Whip out your wallets and checkbooks and take care of business.

By all means put YOUR money out there and kindly leave the rest of us out of it.

Hell. If asked I would probably donate.

Last edited:

Bingo.

thread title...
Obamacare Kicking In (And The People Like It So Far!!)
from the linked article...
Public opinion remains divided about Obama's health care overhaul
Thread title is severely misleading.

How about this...

Do you like the fact that your children get to be on your policy free of charge until they are 26 years old?......

Answer:

Yes.

Do you like the fact that you can not be denied insurance due to pre existing conditions?

Answer:

Yes

So based on those two provisions ....sure it is preferred by all...

But soon the questions will be...

Do you mind that your premiums have gone up by 20%?

Do you mind being told by the government that you MUST spend your hard earned money on purchasing something you may never actually need?

Do you mind that the deficit is affected to thre tune of about 500 mrillion dollars even though you were promised that it was deficit neutral?

Do you mind having to switch your doctors becuase your insurance company can no longer afford to work with your existing doctors?

I bet the responses wont be as favorable.

Do you mind that in your tirade of blasphemies criticizing something potentially productive for more than the average American you have misspelled some of the most basic words possible?
:evil:

survey: Significant drop in uninsured young adults

the number of young adults without health insurance has dropped significantly, a new survey finds, thanks to a provision of president barack obama's health care law allowing them to stay on their parents' plans.

The new gallup poll findings translate to about 1 million more young adults with health insurance.

.....coverage for young adults has proven to be a popular and relatively low-cost benefit that families were eager to sign up for in these days of prolonged school-to-work transitions.

link??

None of it's kicked in yet, he just likes stirring shit up. It wont kick in until after the 2012 elections are over, you dont honestly think obama would put himself and his failed policy out there before 2012 do you?
People will however realize it when it kicks in because there will be alot more people being layed off and everyone elses insurance premiums will sky rocket until they can no longer afford their own insurance. That's how you will know when it kicks in.

thread title...

from the linked article...

Thread title is severely misleading.

How about this...

Do you like the fact that your children get to be on your policy free of charge until they are 26 years old?......

Answer:

Yes.

Do you like the fact that you can not be denied insurance due to pre existing conditions?

Answer:

Yes

So based on those two provisions ....sure it is preferred by all...

But soon the questions will be...

Do you mind that your premiums have gone up by 20%?

Do you mind being told by the government that you MUST spend your hard earned money on purchasing something you may never actually need?

Do you mind that the deficit is affected to thre tune of about 500 mrillion dollars even though you were promised that it was deficit neutral?

Do you mind having to switch your doctors becuase your insurance company can no longer afford to work with your existing doctors?

I bet the responses wont be as favorable.

Do you mind that in your tirade of blasphemies criticizing something potentially productive for more than the average American you have misspelled some of the most basic words possible?
:evil:

yes...they are typical typos as I am not an accomplished typist. I tuype pretty much wioth about 4 fingers total.

You know.....there are many things in this world that could prove to be potentially productive for more than the average American...but not in the overall best interest of the long term good for America.

For example....we could simply freeze all bank accounts of every American with deposits totalling over 500K (including investment portfolios) and take half from each account and ration it out to the poor.

Would I be wrong to offer my thoughts on such a law if such a law were to be proposed?

Bingo.

just as I thought..

Yet for some reason. liberals say that THEY are the ones that beliueve in human nature and beliueve in the good of all people.

So if this were true, then why do liberals believe that the government must take our money and give to the needy for us?

You know...I spent days down in the pit after the building toppled...at no pay...no prompting.....and no credit...I did it as it was my responsibility as an American.....

yet the government ASKS FOR and gets credit for the wonderful job FEMA did in regard to hurrican Irene. We had administration speopkespeople ranting and raving at what a great job they did.

Something just isnt right.

Well RD there must be plenty of likeminded folks around.

Start your own charity.

Whip out your wallets and checkbooks and take care of business.

By all means put YOUR money out there and kindly leave the rest of us out of it.

Hell. If asked I would probably donate.

No you wouldn't. You've made that clear.

And we're trying to solve a problem that is affecting 30+ million people. This isn't something that can be solved through your local charity. Sorry.

That's great ain't it. Adults a few years short of 30 can depend on mommy and daddy for health insurance. What happens when they grow up?

the law will say they must buy something they very well may not be able to afford...nor may never need.

My 24 year old son ius back on our policy....but in the meantime, he has never made a claim on his original policy...other than for his annuals.....but that should never be part of insurance anyway....for insurance ius INSURANCE.....for the unexpected....

Instead, my son was paying $4000 a year to cover his $300 annual visit.

That is AWFULLY high. I pay $5088.00 for a very comprehensive plan for myself AND two other employees combined...

The number of young adults without health insurance has dropped significantly, a new survey finds, thanks to a provision of President Barack Obama's health care law allowing them to stay on their parents' plans.

The new Gallup poll findings translate to about 1 million more young adults with health insurance.

DaGoose.....

You grossly overestimate his mental abilities.

No one is wrong for expressing their concerns but in doing so it seems too many have deaf ears toward the neediest within our land. The issue with healthcare may need to be addressed in more ways than one and perhaps there are things about his proposal that is worth consideration from even the harshest critics.

you sure about that Mr.Ugly Stupid Head? :)eusa_angel:)

When those poor sould in Haiti suffered a devastating earthquake, american citizens gave more money to their needs than all other countries combined. And this did NOT include the money the US Government gave.

When in a debate, things are taken out of context.

But the truth is...Americans are a very giving people...we have proven it time and time again.

When government forces us to do somethuing, we resist....but it is not becuase we dont want to help people...it is becuase we dont want government making us do it. We want to do it our way. Sort of what freedom and liberty is all about?

Forum List

Back