Obamacare: It's not a tax; it's a levy

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
How f'ing stupid can the SC be? The individual mandate is not a tax; it's a levy. Paying money on earned money or buying goods is a tax. But when you are being forced to just give the government money against your will then that is flat out a levy and there is no Constitutional basis for it. The mere fact that the decision was not 9-0 against Obamacare is criminal.

possum thinks so's it'll cover mental healthcare...

... dey should put a sanity clause in it...

... we didn't have the heart to tell possum...

... there is no sanity clause.
:redface:
When the Levy Breaks
by Led Zeppelin
If it keeps on raining levee's going to break
If it keeps on raining levee's going to break
When the levee breaks have no place to stay

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan
Got what it takes to make a Mountain Man leave his home

Oh, well; oh, well; oh, well.

Don't it make you feel bad?
When you're trying to find your way home you don't know which way to go?
When you're going down south and there's no work to do
And you're going on to Chicago

Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good
Crying won't help you, praying won't do you no good
When the levee breaks, mama, you got to go

All last night sat on the levee and moaned
All last night sat on the levee and moaned
Thinking about my baby and my happy home

Going - going to Chicago
Going to Chicago
Sorry, but I can't take you

Going down - going down, now
Going down
Going down
Going down
Going down

Going down
Going dow-, dow-, dow-, dow-, down, now

WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS Lyrics - LED ZEPPELIN

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Levee_Breaks

Last edited:
How f'ing stupid can the SC be? The individual mandate is not a tax; it's a levy. Paying money on earned money or buying goods is a tax. But when you are being forced to just give the government money against your will then that is flat out a levy and there is no Constitutional basis for it. The mere fact that the decision was not 9-0 against Obamacare is criminal.

The Supreme Court is leaning right, so they are probably pretty fucking stupid.

The Supreme Court is leaning right, so they are probably pretty fucking stupid.

Obviously they're not leaning right; but yea, they're pretty fucking stupid.

Could you cry a little louder, my giggling is muffling your sobs.

hope you cry loud when you receive your tax bill for ObamaCare

Yeah, one percent of my income. Yeah, that is the end of the world. If I already have health insurance then I pay nothing. Yeah, that just is not that bad, and I get to hear your cries of pain. Seriously I would have shelled out the money just to hear the entire republican party this upset.

Yeah, one percent of my income. Yeah, that is the end of the world. If I already have health insurance then I pay nothing. Yeah, that just is not that bad, and I get to hear your cries of pain. Seriously I would have shelled out the money just to hear the entire republican party this upset.

well how thoughtful of you for your fellow Americans who can't afford this tax..
very shallow

While your having so much fun at other's expense,how many small business owners are you going to help pay the cost of this BS??

Typical left as long as its someone else!!

While your having so much fun at other's expense,how many small business owners are you going to help pay the cost of this BS??

Typical left as long as its someone else!!

very typical, laughing at others suffering because they might be a Republican

Don't worry sweet, we've been given a boost today, that not only will make it more likely that we will end up overturning King Obama's healthcare, but other Obama agenda items.

you are seriously stupid.

It's still a penalty . . it just evolved into a 'tax'.

It's still a penalty . . it just evolved into a 'tax'.

Yeah, originally Obama swore it wasn't a tax, but he's now 'evolved'.

you are seriously stupid.

Seriously. She doesn't know how costs work or she's a liar or probably both. She certainly doesn't understand the concept of liberty either.

Forum List

Back