Obamacare in complete disarray

"
The Obama team is woefully behind its own schedule for implementing features of the legislation. The critical regulations outlining what the Obamacare insurance benefit will look like was supposed to be out more than six months ago. Now it looks like this regulation won't be dropped until after the election. This is just one key aspect of the program that is way behind the administration's own timeline.

These facts alone should give proponents of the law pause. But the early experience with the elements of Obamacare that have already kicked in is downright dismal.
The core of Obamacare doesn't get started until 2014, when state-based exchanges are supposed to be formed as places for consumers to buy the legislation's tightly regulated, subsidized coverage. But early features of Obamacare are already failing."
RealClearMarkets - The Emerging Obamacare Truth Is Disarray
The Bush Administration had 8 long years, 6 of them with Republican majorities in both the House and the Senate to introduce an affordable healthcare system provided by the private sector. The OP is criticizing the Democrats for something that the Republicans couldn't accomplish in 8 years.

As for "Koshergrl's" criticisms of Obamacare, she can always blame the original model upon which it was based - "Romneycare" in Massachusetts.

Last edited:
OP is from the American Enterprise Institute. Did you expect anything positive from them?

Informing Americans is POSITIVE!! When will you libs ever learn? Knowledge is POWER!!!

eating the lies Obama feeds you just makes you his sheep!
Even Rick Santorum, a fellow Republican, criticized Romney for excessive negative campaigning and attempting to "smear" anyone who opposed him

What's changed?.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDzWpBKuEns]"ROMBO" Santorum's anti-Romney ad - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
"We're in a terrible economic climate, where medical utilization trends are way down. The cost of healthcare coverage should be falling as well. But premiums have risen far faster than overall inflation or GDP growth since Obamacare's passage. The regulations kicked in with no offsetting incentives to get people into the insurance pool to help absorb the costs. If the President wants to take credit for these costly insurance market reforms, he also has to accept blame for the rising costs.
So what's left for the President to tout?
Not much. Obamacare isn't even in full swing, and at every turn, the program is crumbling. The President's team is banking on a second term to try and right all of its fiascos but there's an emerging truth that the scheme is simply unworkable."

RealClearMarkets - The Emerging Obamacare Truth Is Disarray

Premium increases for the past two years have been 4%. This is much lower than the double digit increases we had seen for the past ten to fifteen years prior. That 4% is a solid number not only supported by facts, but it is the same percentage increase I have had for my family's health insurance for the past two years. I pay for our full policy as I am self-employed.

It's really pretty simple --- Do you understand the difference between state and federal government?

Even the OP noted that the exchanges are state-based, just like the Commonwealth Connector in Massachusetts. The feds will only step in to run one for a state as a last resort. Here's former GOP Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist writing a few months ago on the wisdom of that design:

Why both parties should embrace ObamaCare's state exchanges - The Week
State exchanges are the solution. They represent the federalist ideal of states as "laboratories for democracy." We are seeing 50 states each designing a model that is right for them, empowered to take into account their individual cultures, politics, economies, and demographics. While much planning has yet to be done, we are already seeing a huge range in state models. I love the diversity and the innovation.

Want a more conservative, small-business focused exchange that bans abortion coverage in all its plans? Try Utah and its state exchange, originally founded under Gov. Jon Huntsman. Think that President Obama missed a huge opportunity to steer the nation towards a single payer system? Try Vermont, which plans to ultimately transform its state exchange into a single payer system, Green Mountain Care, that will offer coverage to all state residents. With soaring health care costs one of, if not the most, dangerous threats to America's greatness, a new round of national health care experimentation is exactly what we need.

That is insanity! You still have the fed gov't ordering people what to do!!! If the states want health-care reform of this nature - they should decide on it as a state and there should be NO FEDERAL FUNDING involved. The federal gov't should not increase their power in our lives in any way, shape, or form!

I think each state should start its own currency and we should dump the dollar. All the power should be in the hand of the states. :cuckoo:

Even the OP noted that the exchanges are state-based, just like the Commonwealth Connector in Massachusetts. The feds will only step in to run one for a state as a last resort. Here's former GOP Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist writing a few months ago on the wisdom of that design:

Why both parties should embrace ObamaCare's state exchanges - The Week

That is insanity! You still have the fed gov't ordering people what to do!!! If the states want health-care reform of this nature - they should decide on it as a state and there should be NO FEDERAL FUNDING involved. The federal gov't should not increase their power in our lives in any way, shape, or form!

I think each state should start its own currency and we should dump the dollar. All the power should be in the hand of the states. :cuckoo:

The power should be in the hands of the PEOPLE!!!! Who is more capable of fixing the problems that face a specific state? The federal govt' or the state gov't?

They may be slow in implementing it but at least the cost keeps rising :eusa_shifty:

It is rising at the lowest rate in over fifteen years. This is a good thing.

25economist-reinhardt1-blog480.jpg

...but I was talking about the cost of obamacare --- we haven't even begun paying for it and the cost keeps going up --- I wasn;t talking about the STEADY rising costs of premiums...

in addition to premiums we now have to pay for the gov't to control health-care...

...and every time you quote that lie about premiums rising at a slower rate I will be right there to post the truth...

More liberal liars --- man they make me sick!

...and every time you quote that lie about premiums rising at a slower rate I will be right there to post the truth...

Hey bud, I've got the bills to prove it. My premium rates have only increase 4% each of the last two years. Just because you don't want it to be true doesn't make it that way.

Hey bud, I've got the bills to prove it. My premium rates have only increase 4% each of the last two years. Just because you don't want it to be true doesn't make it that way.

What a joke.... You think you are the only person paying for healthcare in the entire Country??? You moron!

You can't look at one example and make a ludacris assertation based on that...

pfffft --- I wish the cost of premiums was growing at a smaller rate, just like every other American --- but because you claim you have one example that doesn;t mean jack crap!

The REALITY is that healthcare continues to rise CONSISTANTLY and we added the cost Obamacare that keeps on growing. The most they look at it the more it costs. So now in addition to our STEADY rise in premiums - we have to pay taxes to cover the ever-growing obamacare!!!

Something the ACA and the Romney campaign have in common.
Romney Campaign Co-Chair Resigns to Lobby for Wall Street

Romney’s national campaign co-chair Tim Pawlenty is resigning from the campaign to lobby for Wall Street. The former Minnesota governor will head the Financial Services Roundtable, which represents JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and other financial firms. Before working for Romney’s campaign, Pawlenty was considered a potential candidate for president and later as a possible vice-presidential pick.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/9/...ign_co_chair_resigns_to_lobby_for_wall_street

"Disarray" appears to be the operative word, at least as far as Romney's Campaign is concerned.

Now his national campaign co-chair, Tim Pawlenty, is resigning in the middle of the presidential campaign so that he can lobby for the financial firms on Wall Street.

Weren't these the very firms whose "greed" was primarily responsibne for creating the financial collapse in 2008 - just another graphic example to show whose best interests Romney and his friends, including his campaign co-chair, represent.

Last edited:

Something the ACA and the Romney campaign have in common.
Romney Campaign Co-Chair Resigns to Lobby for Wall Street

Romney’s national campaign co-chair Tim Pawlenty is resigning from the campaign to lobby for Wall Street. The former Minnesota governor will head the Financial Services Roundtable, which represents JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and other financial firms. Before working for Romney’s campaign, Pawlenty was considered a potential candidate for president and later as a possible vice-presidential pick.
"Disarray" appears to be the operative word, at least as far as Romney's Campaign is concerned.

Now his national campaign co-chair, Tim Pawlenty, is resigning in the middle of the presidential campaign so that he can lobby for the financial firms on Wall Street.

Weren't these the very firms whose "greed" created the financial collapse in 2008 - just another graphic example to show whose best interests Romney and his friends, including his campaign co-chair, represent.

I see, soooo... because it is so terribly OBVIOUS that obamacare is just going to ruin health-care even quicker --- you are going to divert the conversation to conjecture ridden hyperbole...

How LIBERAL of you!!

I was never a big fan of ACA, anyway.

I think the premise that HC ought to be treated as though HC was widgets is dumb as hell.

The basic rules of capitalism do NOT apply to health care decisions and they never will regardless of what system is in place.

What a joke.... You think you are the only person paying for healthcare in the entire Country??? You moron!

You can't look at one example and make a ludacris assertation based on that...

The dirty little secret is that ObamaCare is starting to work, even though there's much more to do.

Uninsurance rates are starting to come down (in large part due to some of the new insurance regulations that kicked in almost two years ago) and they'll be falling dramatically in just over a year when the new markets open their doors. Preventable hospital readmissions are starting to creep downward as hospitals get ready to face new financial incentives for providing better care, not just more care. Early iterations of the kinds of health care reforms Obamacare encourages are showing the ability to reduce costs and improve care quality.

As auditor correctly noted, health insurance premiums are growing only modestly.

Health care price growth also remains remarkably low:

The price behavior we are witnessing is unprecedented. July 2012 represented the 38th month of the current economic expansion, yet both the overall economy and the health sector (as measured by the HCPI) are exhibiting extraordinarily low price inflation.

Medicare spending growth remains historically low, somehow managing to surprise the number crunchers multiple years in a row:

But the report also noted that for the third year in a row, CBO expects the growth in Medicare spending in 2012 to be “substantially slower” than anticipated earlier in the year.

CBO Director Doug Elmendorf said at a press conference that the slower growth in Medicare is consistent with slower health care cost growth throughout the economy, which many analysts have observed. But he said it’s still unclear why the slowdown is happening.

And to top it all off, as I already pointed out, the centerpiece of the insurance market reforms (the insurance exchanges) will be designed and operated by states to meet the unique needs of their populations and market conditions. A triumph of federalism.

^^^propaganda

Repeating all the negative crap and the failures, only couching them in glowing terms.

I don't know I don't think Romneycare will be so bad... Oh I mean Obamacare. Sorry I'm confusing it with Romneycare which has been around for a while and has been working very well. Doesn't Romney love mandates? Oops I mean Obama? Oh I'm so confused. Can some teapartiers clear it up for me? And explain why the idea of Universal Healthcare is divisive even though both candidates are defined by it?

So you then admit you have very little to no understanding of the States rights issues.

Fair enough...........

And to top it all off, as I already pointed out, the centerpiece of the insurance market reforms (the insurance exchanges) will be designed and operated by states to meet the unique needs of their populations and market conditions. A triumph of federalism.

I like you Green, you are reasonable, but this is an outright lie.

If they take Federal Dollars they play by Ferderal Rules....I expect better of you.

Forum List

Back