Obamacare huge tax hike hype.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
OBAMACARE HUGE TAX HIKE HYPE.

Radical Right Wing Extremists claim that ObamaCare will cause a massive tax hike is a massive lie. The penalty (tax) will only affect about 2% of the population that will opt out of ObamaCare. About 7 million people. Then there are various exemptions such as religion or the very poor that are covered by Medicaid. The increase on payroll tax contributions to Medicare will affect only those earning more than $200,000 a year

Can the Radical Right Wing Extremists really hate Obama more then the love the lives of Americans? A massive tax increase hike is a massive hype by those who hate Obama. Have they even read the Affordable Care Act yet?
Are there any in Congress ready to opt out of Government socialized healthcare for them and their families. With the salaries and retirement they receive at the mercy of tax payers, I think they should pay for their own healthcare instead of the taxpayers.

The most important tax increase in ‘Obamacare’

Remember when nancy pelosi didn't even know what was in the bill when they passed it. Now you are questioning whether or not other people have read it? Pretty ballsy.

Yeah, the "huge tax hike" thing is overblown. But I guess they figure it will play well as a scare tactic.

It's too bad they can't highlight the basic immorality of what's really going on. The ACA's mandate is a 'scapegoat tax', targeting a minority for persecution (people who think health insurance is a ripoff). The fact that so many of us accept this as SOP for government is depressing.

Last edited:
Here's the thing, IMHO. No, there won't be this massive tax hike at first (though we were PROMISED none at all) but as time goes on and the bills go from massive to totally unmanageable (and they will, of that you can be assured) the money will have to come from somewhere. And I wonder how many really know what kind of money we're talking about. (It will astonish you in about 5 years and your empty pockets will show it) It will become necessary to tax us more and more and these taxes will come in small increments so we don't really feel it at first until we are so heavily burdened and the quality of care becomes so shameful we will finally be like all other countrys that are struggling, unsuccessfully, under the burden of their similar bad choices and we will finally be forced to go elsewhere for decent care.

Right now that's us, warts and all, but there'll be no other place for US to go.

Remember when nancy pelosi didn't even know what was in the bill when they passed it. Now you are questioning whether or not other people have read it? Pretty ballsy.

You don't really need to read the entire bill to know what is in it. RRWE don't even know the basics of the bill. Pelosi did not the basic or the entire bill. Where did you get the facts that she did not know what was in the bill? You don't have to read the entire bill to know what is in it. Dumb ass.
What does your point have to do with the penalty mandate which the radicals call a massive tax hike when it only affect about 2% of the population if that much? That is what you radical do when you don't have clue, you go off topic. Just like the radical congress going after obamacare when they should be trying to pass a job bill. But what the fuck do they know about jobs?

Last edited:
OBAMACARE HUGE TAX HIKE HYPE.

Radical Right Wing Extremists claim that ObamaCare will cause a massive tax hike is a massive lie. The penalty (tax) will only affect about 2% of the population that will opt out of ObamaCare. About 7 million people. Then there are various exemptions such as religion or the very poor that are covered by Medicaid. The increase on payroll tax contributions to Medicare will affect only those earning more than $200,000 a year

Can the Radical Right Wing Extremists really hate Obama more then the love the lives of Americans? A massive tax increase hike is a massive hype by those who hate Obama. Have they even read the Affordable Care Act yet?
Are there any in Congress ready to opt out of Government socialized healthcare for them and their families. With the salaries and retirement they receive at the mercy of tax payers, I think they should pay for their own healthcare instead of the taxpayers.

The most important tax increase in ‘Obamacare’

ok then, THAT SHOULD MAKE US FEEL ALL BETTER.
good gawd, you people don't mind that this was PASSED AGAINST THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE

friggen EZRA KLINE...my gawd

Last edited:
Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

1. The ObamaCare Medical Device Manufacturing Tax

This 2.3 percent tax on medical device makers will raise the price of (for example) every pacemaker, prosthetic limb, stent, and operating table

2. The ObamaCare High Medical Bills Tax

This onerous tax provision will hit Americans facing the highest out-of-pocket medical bills. Currently, Americans are allowed to deduct medical expenses on their 1040 form to the extent the costs exceed 7.5 percent of one’s adjusted gross income.

The new ObamaCare provision will raise that threshold to 10 percent, subjecting patients to a higher tax bill.

3. The ObamaCare Flexible Spending Account Cap

The 24 million Americans who have Flexible Spending Accounts will face a new federally imposed $2,500 annual cap.

4. The ObamaCare Surtax on Investment Income

Under current law, the capital gains tax rate for all Americans rises from 15 to 20 percent in 2013, while the top dividend rate rises from 15 to 39.6 percent. The new ObamaCare surtax takes the top capital gains rate to 23.8 percent and top dividend rate to 43.4 percent.

5. The ObamaCare Medicare Payroll Tax increase

This tax soaks employers to the tune of $86 billion over the next ten years.
Is it possible that ALL the Obama lovers on here don't have any need for medical devices, don't deduct medical expenses, and have no investment income? Is it possible that none make over $250K or know anyone that does?

Or are they lying for the good of the team?

Drink some more Kool Aide folks. :mad:

Here's the thing, IMHO. No, there won't be this massive tax hike at first (though we were PROMISED none at all) but as time goes on and the bills go from massive to totally unmanageable (and they will, of that you can be assured) the money will have to come from somewhere. And I wonder how many really know what kind of money we're talking about. (It will astonish you in about 5 years and your empty pockets will show it) It will become necessary to tax us more and more and these taxes will come in small increments so we don't really feel it at first until we are so heavily burdened and the quality of care becomes so shameful we will finally be like all other countrys that are struggling, unsuccessfully, under the burden of their similar bad choices and we will finally be forced to go elsewhere for decent care.

Right now that's us, warts and all, but there'll be no other place for US to go.

Ranting, babbling and raging do not tell us how there will be massive cost. Is not "massive" in the beginning and it will pay for itself in taxes paid by the millions of jobs it will create.
You don't know what the hell you are talking about except resounding FOXNEWS ranting, babbling and raging.
Like what you have and the cost and the services?, keep it.

Ranting, babbling and raging do not tell us how there will be massive cost. Is not "massive" in the beginning and it will pay for itself in taxes paid by the millions of jobs it will create.
You don't know what the hell you are talking about except resounding FOXNEWS ranting, babbling and raging.

First thing, I don't watch FOX news because 'fair and balanced' is bullshit. I want FACTS and I want them served up without so much as an eyebrow lift from some talking head. Second, why am I babbling when what I say reflects what's happened with every other endeavor this Gov't has insinuated itself into in this country?

It's fine not to LIKE what I say but when you start with the cheap insults better suited to a childrens playground it makes me tend to discount your comments altogether.
I also don't believe it will create 'millions of jobs' except perhaps 'government jobs' of which we have far too many to begin with.

So there you have it. What you consider 'babbling and raging-probably for lack of a better vocabulary-is my opinion and it's shared by far more people than you can probably anticipate IMHO.

Which jobs would it create? The only jobs will be the massive bureacracy necessary to administer the layer of government power and a huge number of IRS agents to enforce it. But, no real jobs.

She accuses people of getting their news from fox news, after she post some bullshit article from a leftist punk kid from the WashingtonCompost..

She accuses people of getting their news from fox news, after she post some bullshit article from a leftist punk kid from the WashingtonCompost..

Well every time she does that to me I'm going to call her on it along with the 'radical right winger' remarks which I'm sure can't be far behind.

You don't really need to read the entire bill to know what is in it. RRWE don't even know the basics of the bill. Pelosi did not the basic or the entire bill. Where did you get the facts that she did not know what was in the bill? You don't have to read the entire bill to know what is in it. Dumb ass.
What does your point have to do with the penalty mandate which the radicals call a massive tax hike when it only affect about 2% of the population if that much? That is what you radical do when you don't have clue, you go off topic. Just like the radical congress going after obamacare when they should be trying to pass a job bill. But what the fuck do they know about jobs?

No, Little ol, I EXPECT the people who WORK FOR ME to be aware of what they are doing. Anything less is totally unacceptable. It's not like it cuts into their day job.

Five major ObamaCare taxes that will hit your wallet in 2013 | Fox News

1. The ObamaCare Medical Device Manufacturing Tax

This 2.3 percent tax on medical device makers will raise the price of (for example) every pacemaker, prosthetic limb, stent, and operating table

2. The ObamaCare High Medical Bills Tax

This onerous tax provision will hit Americans facing the highest out-of-pocket medical bills. Currently, Americans are allowed to deduct medical expenses on their 1040 form to the extent the costs exceed 7.5 percent of one’s adjusted gross income.

The new ObamaCare provision will raise that threshold to 10 percent, subjecting patients to a higher tax bill.

3. The ObamaCare Flexible Spending Account Cap

The 24 million Americans who have Flexible Spending Accounts will face a new federally imposed $2,500 annual cap.

4. The ObamaCare Surtax on Investment Income

Under current law, the capital gains tax rate for all Americans rises from 15 to 20 percent in 2013, while the top dividend rate rises from 15 to 39.6 percent. The new ObamaCare surtax takes the top capital gains rate to 23.8 percent and top dividend rate to 43.4 percent.

5. The ObamaCare Medicare Payroll Tax increase

This tax soaks employers to the tune of $86 billion over the next ten years.
Is it possible that ALL the Obama lovers on here don't have any need for medical devices, don't deduct medical expenses, and have no investment income? Is it possible that none make over $250K or know anyone that does?

Or are they lying for the good of the team?

Drink some more Kool Aide folks. :mad:

It must be hard for the right wing to realize that the entire Obamacare tax increase will amount to less that the taxes raised by Reagan..............the great (chuckle) tax cutter.

What are they to do? Lie of course.

It still is one of the largest tax increases in American history and the President had to lie about it, in order to get it passed.

Forum List

Back