Obamacare here for good. never be repealed

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
even if reps get the senate they will never have 65 votes to overcome a filibuster. i say 65 because some reps will break ranks

even if reps get the senate they will never have 65 votes to overcome a filibuster. i say 65 because some reps will break ranks

Actually the Way I understand it, Obamacare has been declared a TAX

A Tax measure in Congress does not fall under the filibuster rule, so 60 votes is all that will be needed in the Senate...... at least that is the way I understand it.

I think Roberts in his own way has led the way to an easy repeal....lol....

Can't be repealed?? I doubt it.

This clusterfuck was jammed down our throats by the Dems. Loads of Americans didn't want it and still don't. This is now another tax where those that have are supporting those that have not.

Its now a tax and taxes are repealed all the time.

Well when we inevitably see costs skyrocket the people celebrating now will say "See? We told you that what we really needed was a single-payer health care system." Then Obamacare will be replaced with that, which was, of course, the point all along.

Those for the measure and those against the measure can easily be separated by two trains of thought..

A) Those that have no problem with costs as long as they don't have to pay them personally..and debt is something that happens later.
B) Those that have a problem with the government taking money out of their paycheck before they even get it - and use that money to support an ever growing population of people who did nothing for it - and firmly believe that it is their right to receive it.

Last edited:
Acccording to current senate rules, tax issues cannot be fillibustered.

Thus. the GOP need not have 60+ votes in the senate to repeal Obamacare, since it is a tax isssue.

A Tax measure in Congress does not fall under the filibuster rule, so 60 votes is all that will be needed in the Senate...... at least that is the way I understand it.

I think Roberts in his own way has led the way to an easy repeal....lol....

Bingo.

Why do you hate healthy Americans? What about those old folks that claim they have never been sick a day of thier lives????

You have no heart.

Oh, it isn't hatred of Healthy Americans... It's hatred of healthy Americans who choose to take, rather than contribute.

Republicans are going to repeal ObamaCare...LOL.

There will be protests, articles, candelight vigils, sob stories, Juan McCain will say Republicans are against God's children and Boehner will refuse to even bring it up for a vote

Do you now know how Republicans operate by now?

Then you don't seem to understand it.

Forum List

Back