Obamacare Explained to a 5 y/o (or thereabouts)

Neocon whackjobs on this thread: "I don't care if it an excellent plan, makes life easier for everybody and means that more people will have health coverage. I want my damn freedom!!!!!!"

That's how I see it. Also a great deal of wailing and gnashing of teeth, and there have been at least thirteen reports of loss of consciousness due to prolonged holding of breath during tantrums.

Yanno.............it's kinda like paying your taxes. If you pay your taxes each year in full, you don't have to worry about the extra charges of penalties and interest.

If you have health care in 2014 (when the bill takes effect), you WON'T pay any penalties. If you can afford it and don't have it (i.e. the "free riders") then and only then will you have to pay a fine (which is the penalty).

No.....................the mandate is NOT a new tax, however, based on how our tax laws work, the penalty can be enforced via the tax law, which makes sense, because the IRS knows exactly how much money you make and whether or not you can afford insurance without a subsidy.

The only ones being "taxed" are the ones showing up at the ER without health insurance, which is roughly 1 percent of the country.

I have no problem with the mandate. Obama sure lied when he said he was not going to require a mandate like Hilary. He knew his supporters would rather spend their money on shoes, TV & video games rather than insurance premiums. Then they get free care when they go to the ER. without insurance.

I am glad we are not saddled with the original single payer Obamacare & now have Romneycare instead. At least we can still buy insurance so we can get the care we need when we need it. If we were under the original single payer Obamacare we would all be forced to wait in lines in the Medicaid system.

Canada's single payor system has rapidly rising cost.
Total_health_expenditure_in_constant_1997_dollars.png

Are you claiming that healthcare costs have escalated in Canada because of single payer?

What is the excuse in the US?

No - Just saying that single payer did not stop escaleted cost in Canada.

The McCarran–Ferguson Act, The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, lack of insurance regulation enforcement & lack of Medicare fraud prevention have caused escalating cost here in the USA.

Neocon whackjobs on this thread: "I don't care if it an excellent plan, makes life easier for everybody and means that more people will have health coverage. I want my damn freedom!!!!!!"

Wrong idiot if you have connections with a government official maybe, or if you have money to pay. Just because the government tells you you’re covered, that doesn't mean shit. What quality of coverage? How long will you have to wait? Maybe you’re not worth the cost? Obamacare will be the biggest most massive bureaucracy in the history of this country, they'll have to cut cost somehow, that'll be the ‘panels' job. You liberal idiots are a pathetic joke, dependence on the government is not freedom:cuckoo:

Does BDboop have a site that can explain the deficit to a 5 year old? (And liberals)

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

You have to change the subject to make your non-related point? Posting here has spoiled you to the joys of staying on topic.
Change the subject? Your sweet little power point doesnt mention the impact on the deficit (because that is beyond the intellectual development of a 5 yr old) but it is not "off topic" Is it possible that liberals - like kindergarteners - think the govt has a magic money making machine?

Hey boop - if the bill is so fucking simple please explain the other 2499 pages. My children and I havent read it. Thanks!

Interetingly enough, there's also a provision in the bill which says that if your insurance company pays less than 80 percent of your premiums for your health care, you are entitled to a refund at the end of the year.

Now..............if you already have health insurance, that almost seems like a no brainer, because if you had your health care all year yet didn't use it, some of that money will be refunded to you.

Where is the "tax" in that provision?

And.................as far as "taxing" anyone? In case you didn't read it, the only ones that are "taxed" (i.e. paying a fine for not having health care even if you could afford it.........think 20 somethings who think they're gonna be fine and can't see spending money on it) are the ones that are "free riders" which is the main group the GOP keeps pointing at, you know...........those who show up in the ER without insurance.

But then again...........FAUX Nooze and CNN both said that the mandate had been declared unconstitutional, FAUX ran it for around 4:00 and CNN ran it for around 7:30 until someone else (MSNBC) who had actually READ THE WHOLE THING said that it WAS constitutional.

But then again..................what else can you expect from right wingers? They cherry pick the information they want without bothering to get it right.

Obamacare Explained to a 5 y/o (or thereabouts)

Citizen:
I don't want to by a pack of gum

The Obama:
Well, I can't force you to, but I -can- tax you @2.35 when you don't

What does Obamacare do to increase the supply of doctors?

Interetingly enough, there's also a provision in the bill which says that if your insurance company pays less than 80 percent of your premiums for your health care, you are entitled to a refund at the end of the year.

Now..............if you already have health insurance, that almost seems like a no brainer, because if you had your health care all year yet didn't use it, some of that money will be refunded to you.

Where is the "tax" in that provision?

And.................as far as "taxing" anyone? In case you didn't read it, the only ones that are "taxed" (i.e. paying a fine for not having health care even if you could afford it.........think 20 somethings who think they're gonna be fine and can't see spending money on it) are the ones that are "free riders" which is the main group the GOP keeps pointing at, you know...........those who show up in the ER without insurance.

But then again...........FAUX Nooze and CNN both said that the mandate had been declared unconstitutional, FAUX ran it for around 4:00 and CNN ran it for around 7:30 until someone else (MSNBC) who had actually READ THE WHOLE THING said that it WAS constitutional.

But then again..................what else can you expect from right wingers? They cherry pick the information they want without bothering to get it right.

lol, you all yell it loud and clear to those 20 somethings who VOTED in droves for Obama how he and the Democrats now consider them, freeloaders and he thinks they NEED TO PAY..

:clap2:

Forum List

Back