Obamacare Explained to a 5 y/o (or thereabouts)

Interestingly enough, if you poll someone by calling them up and asking about Obamacare, you get a generally low (or bad) poll number.

However......................call the same person up and ask about what they think about having their children allowed onto their health insurance until they're 26? Most are okay with it.

Same with the rest of Obama care..................if they're asked about what it actually does, they're for it. Call it Obama care and they're against it.

Kinda like the GOP of today................if Obama is for it, they're against it, no matter if they were for it just 6 months before.

Interestingly enough, if you poll someone by calling them up and asking about Obamacare, you get a generally low (or bad) poll number.

However......................call the same person up and ask about what they think about having their children allowed onto their health insurance until they're 26? Most are okay with it.

Same with the rest of Obama care..................if they're asked about what it actually does, they're for it. Call it Obama care and they're against it.

Kinda like the GOP of today................if Obama is for it, they're against it, no matter if they were for it just 6 months before.

I agree it is a matter of understanding how it impacts us all. Each state is going to be different and they haven't got long to build their complex plans for implementation either!

There is a lot of opinions, for and against, right now on YouTube and forums which just adds to the 2700 pages - it's a lot to digest and lot to understand - it is no wonder the poll scores are low.

So whats the 2700 pages for again?:confused:
Do you know how many pages Chief Justice Robert's opinion was?

Do you know how many pages Justice Scalia's dissent was?

that's not what he asked you was it?

it doesn't really matter to them how much Bureaucracy, how much money is spent on things having nothing to do with Health care, how much waste, political payoffs, how much expansion of the IRS's power and intrusion into the lives of the American people. All that matters to them is the false premise of “Healthcare for all” Sad how easily people will willingly give up their liberty for a false premise and a “utopian” state that can never work.

Do you know how many pages Chief Justice Robert's opinion was?

Do you know how many pages Justice Scalia's dissent was?

that's not what he asked you was it?

it doesn't really matter to them how much Bureaucracy, how much money is spent on things having nothing to do with Health care, how much waste, political payoffs, how much expansion of the IRS's power and intrusion into the lives of the American people. All that matters to them is the false premise of “Healthcare for all” Sad how easily people will willingly give up their liberty for a false premise and a “utopian” state that can never work.

yep
very sad

I wonder how many 26 year old ADULTS like being called, children?

If it save them several thousand dollars a year, I'd imagine they'd see the value of it.

The magic word, IF

just how many parents you think are buying into this of paying for their ADULT children..?
it's really quite a joke

Thanks to too many students, who were suing the Universities from accidents that they had, many Universities now require students to pay for health care plans. That cost is added to the yearly fees students pay.
Having insurance on their parents plan costs less.
I think that many parents like this.

I wonder how many 26 year old ADULTS like being called, children?

If it save them several thousand dollars a year, I'd imagine they'd see the value of it.

The magic word, IF

just how many parents you think are buying into this of paying for their ADULT children..?
it's really quite a joke

Well, my daughter is a Type 1 Diabetic so I support some of the stated objectives of the legislation, because I know how difficult it will be for her when she has to get her own coverage. I would imagine buyin among parents will differ based on individual circumstances.

While I support the objectives however, I have concerns about the cost and efficiency of service delivery.

That's true for most Liberal policies. When asked about them, each on their merits, Americans like them. Yet when asked generally, they shy away from calling themselves Liberal.

Forum List

Back