Obamacare Delivers More Failure!

Being self employed for about 20 years, I was pretty sure there would be some issues with the Affordable Care Act plans right from the start. The plans offered to the self employed over the years have often had very high deductibles. I remember looking at some family plans with $1500 per month premiums with $5000-$10000 deductibles. They were basically very expensive catastrophic insurance plans. It looked to me like they basically offered many of the plans typically found in the self employed market on the exchange, but adding in the premium subsidies to help on that end. My wife ended up taking a job that offered great health insurance, so we were thankfully able to get out of the individual market.

I don't believe the Obamacare system will last as it is currently put together. The deductibles need to be down under $1000 per year to make people want to buy in. In other words, I believe the cost and deductible set up has to be similar to what an employee at a good company or a state/federal job would be offered, not what the self employed have traditionally been offered.

If I may ask, were you looking at policies on the insurers' sites? Because they'll just quote you their regular rates based on age, number of family members, smoking status, etc. without calculating the subsidy under the PPACA.

Try running your info through the Kaiser widget:

Subsidy Calculator Widget

Then go to your state exchange (if there is one) or healthcare.gov

You may be pleasantly surprised by the difference.

Good....Single payer here we come!
That was always the plan.
Thanks for admtting that Democrats simply lied to the American people to get this crap passed. And they will lie again on single payer. Because the object is not to get better health care to anyone. The object is to gain more control over people.

You figured it all out. Good work! Nothing gets past your eagle eye.
Including the fact that yo're a dolt.
Democrats have ridden this piece of crap program to extensive election losses every year since it passed. It will continue to deliver for Republicans as people's premiums explode and coverage reduced.

You're probably still under the Rabbillusion that it will be repealed.

Being self employed for about 20 years, I was pretty sure there would be some issues with the Affordable Care Act plans right from the start. The plans offered to the self employed over the years have often had very high deductibles. I remember looking at some family plans with $1500 per month premiums with $5000-$10000 deductibles. They were basically very expensive catastrophic insurance plans. It looked to me like they basically offered many of the plans typically found in the self employed market on the exchange, but adding in the premium subsidies to help on that end. My wife ended up taking a job that offered great health insurance, so we were thankfully able to get out of the individual market.

I don't believe the Obamacare system will last as it is currently put together. The deductibles need to be down under $1000 per year to make people want to buy in. In other words, I believe the cost and deductible set up has to be similar to what an employee at a good company or a state/federal job would be offered, not what the self employed have traditionally been offered.

OMHeavens.......

under 1000/year.......

I think I am getting a cramp I am laughing so hard.

I noticed the sympathy you got for your plight.

The far left and far right all have their heads up their asses.

They care....about you....when they can.

Thanks for admtting that Democrats simply lied to the American people to get this crap passed. And they will lie again on single payer. Because the object is not to get better health care to anyone. The object is to gain more control over people.

The "secret goal", that ACA as a pathway to single payer, is an even bigger con than ACA itself, and if anyone deserves to suffer it's the fools who supported a shitty law based on a deliberate deception.

Democrats have ridden this piece of crap program to extensive election losses every year since it passed. It will continue to deliver for Republicans as people's premiums explode and coverage reduced.

Our fate was sealed by Roberts. My only interest is in holding the shitbags who ushered it in accountable.

Dear NYcarbineer
Why not just make it optional to enroll participate and fund?
All the prolife programs are funded and operated by voluntary donations and supporters.
If the Democrats have this political agenda, why are other people required to be under it?
What crime did we commit to merit depriving us of liberty and the right to choose how we manage health care?

Dear NYcarbineer

emilynghiem - I appreciate the sentiment here, but that's not how government works. The whole point of government is to mandate compliance. A voluntary system requires no laws and no government.

Dear NYcarbineer

emilynghiem - I appreciate the sentiment here, but that's not how government works. The whole point of government is to mandate compliance. A voluntary system requires no laws and no government.

Dear NYcarbineer
All the prolife programs are funded and operated by voluntary donations and supporters.
If the Democrats have this political agenda, why are other people required to be under it?
What crime did we commit to merit depriving us of liberty and the right to choose how we manage health care?

The only way this works is if they can make it attractive.

That is why the founders envisioned states with autonomy. If you wanted to live in a nanny state like NY...you could and vote in nanny legislators to your hearts content.

If you want to live in a more independent state like Wyoming...you could. You could be more individual. Of course, there is more risk with this...but I digress.

"Opting out is what got us the articles of confederation" and why we have our consititution.

It's the gift that keeps on giving. I have to say Im not too disappointed here. The insurance companies figured they had it made: a gov't mandate to buy their product. Thats like a license to steal. What they didnt figure was that young people are still smart enough (barely) to compare two numbers and pick the lower one.
So now policies sold on the Obamacare exchanges are poison to insurers, sure money losers. UnitedHealth is actively discouraging buyers from choosing its policies and will probably exit the market.
Democrats deliver total failure once more.
UnitedHealth’s ObamaCare Reckoning

A link to a pay site. How very Jewish of you.

lolol

If he's really a rabbi, then "koshergrl's" a cantor. :p

It's not hard to figure out who Rabbi is for real. He's too stupid to cover up his personal info in a world where Google exists.
You trying to get posters to data mine?

Oh well, we can call this Transformation of the ObamaNation

snip:

Obamacare Medicaid Expansion an Invitation to Fraud and Abuse

The Daily Signal exposed Obamacare's Medicaid expansion as an invitation to fraud and abuse as millions of possibly ineligible residents have enrolled.

Now Congress is interested in investigating the fraud as hundreds of millions of dollars may be handed out to millionaires, illegal aliens, and other undeserving enrollees.

“This is what happens. You open the door. You don’t do your verification. You don’t know who is coming into the program, and yes, you’re going to see a program like this balloon and get out of control quickly,” Blackburn said when asked if Congress should investigate the findings. “Is it an issue? Yes. It was an issue for TennCare, it will be an issue for Obamacare.”

Similarly, Darin Miller, spokesman for Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told The Daily Signal the congressman would be “open to investigating the [Medicaid] expansions that allow this sort of thing to happen.”

“This is just another reason why Obamacare needs to be repealed,” he said.

On Tuesday, The Daily Signal reported that under the Affordable Care Act, Americans who have significant sums of money in assets—in some cases up to $5 million—but low monthly incomes can qualify for and enroll in Medicaid. Obamacare, as it was written and passed by Congress, did away with an asset test previously used in traditional Medicaid, and the new system allows asset-rich Americans to enroll in government-sponsored health insurance so long as their monthly incomes are low enough.

The trend is particularly prevalent in the 31 states and the District of Columbia that expanded Medicaid, as eligibility requirements were loosened to include individuals who make below 138 percent of the federal poverty line, or roughly $16,000 annually.

How bad is it? The state of Illinois hired an independent auditor in 2014 to examine its Medicaid rolls. What they found was astonishing:

ALL of it here:

What's astonishing is how much PPACA-bashing is based on blogs, rumor-mongering, and unsupported sources.

Carry on. :popcorn:

Dear NYcarbineer

Exactly dblack that's the point.
If Muslims want to issue mandates for themselves, it is voluntary,
and members of that belief CHOOSE to comply and enforce that for
THEMSELVES.

DUH.

If Christians want to fund and promote "right to life" as their standards,
they are expected to do so VOLUNATARILY for THEMSELVES, and NOT impose on the public with their beliefs they want to mandate through govt and laws; so why not with legislation that is biased by "right to health care".

Why don't we treat all political beliefs EQUALLY with the same understanding
as religious beliefs? And keep them OUT of govt unless we all AGREE on them?

If we all happen to agree on something, such as including GOD in the pledge of allegiance or on money, then that reference can be used by govt and it's not big deal. "Justice" and "Equal Justice under Law" are basically FAITH BASED concepts, but we happen to AGREE on them so our laws refer to these faith-based things. If we DON'T agree on faith-based references to God, Jesus, Heaven, Prayer, etc. then if secular people can contest such beliefs to remove from govt, why can't other people contest conflicting beliefs to be removed from govt?

Why is it that only ATHEISTS or SECULAR nonbelievers can sue to remove references to Crosses, Prayers, Nativity scenes or Christmas, because it excludes their beliefs; why not remove these other endorsements of beliefs that conflict with beliefs of OTHER people?

Why keep tolerating this double standard? Does it constitute Discrimination by creed or not?

We need to start a political awareness movement and agreement to RECOGNIZE political beliefs and keep them out of govt unless the public AGREES to them.

Yes, the mandates SHOULD be voluntary because they involve PERSONAL values, beliefs and decisions; and it is not federal govt's job to mandate that.

Not unless we pass an Amendment first AGREEING to authorize federal govt to extend its powers into personal health care.

Now catastrophic and epidemic level issues, sure, we might agree to have federal emergency funds for that. But we didn't agree to hand over all health care. The people who voted on that have different beliefs that EXCLUDE the beliefs of Constitutionalists. So that is like Christians assuming everyone is okay with Crosses and prayers and instigating that through govt, and not caring about the imposition exclusion and discrimination argued by atheists.

Last edited:

Dear NYcarbineer

"Liberty" can't be a blank check.

Oh well, we can call this Transformation of the ObamaNation

snip:

The Daily Signal exposed Obamacare's Medicaid expansion as an invitation to fraud and abuse as millions of possibly ineligible residents have enrolled.

Now Congress is interested in investigating the fraud as hundreds of millions of dollars may be handed out to millionaires, illegal aliens, and other undeserving enrollees.

“This is what happens. You open the door. You don’t do your verification. You don’t know who is coming into the program, and yes, you’re going to see a program like this balloon and get out of control quickly,” Blackburn said when asked if Congress should investigate the findings. “Is it an issue? Yes. It was an issue for TennCare, it will be an issue for Obamacare.”

Similarly, Darin Miller, spokesman for Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, told The Daily Signal the congressman would be “open to investigating the [Medicaid] expansions that allow this sort of thing to happen.”

“This is just another reason why Obamacare needs to be repealed,” he said.

On Tuesday, The Daily Signal reported that under the Affordable Care Act, Americans who have significant sums of money in assets—in some cases up to $5 million—but low monthly incomes can qualify for and enroll in Medicaid. Obamacare, as it was written and passed by Congress, did away with an asset test previously used in traditional Medicaid, and the new system allows asset-rich Americans to enroll in government-sponsored health insurance so long as their monthly incomes are low enough.

The trend is particularly prevalent in the 31 states and the District of Columbia that expanded Medicaid, as eligibility requirements were loosened to include individuals who make below 138 percent of the federal poverty line, or roughly $16,000 annually.

How bad is it? The state of Illinois hired an independent auditor in 2014 to examine its Medicaid rolls. What they found was astonishing:

ALL of it here:

So this is a means test based on wealth that existed before and Obamacare REMOVED it ?

It's the gift that keeps on giving. I have to say Im not too disappointed here. The insurance companies figured they had it made: a gov't mandate to buy their product. Thats like a license to steal. What they didnt figure was that young people are still smart enough (barely) to compare two numbers and pick the lower one.
So now policies sold on the Obamacare exchanges are poison to insurers, sure money losers. UnitedHealth is actively discouraging buyers from choosing its policies and will probably exit the market.
Democrats deliver total failure once more.
UnitedHealth’s ObamaCare Reckoning

Hundreds of millions of dollars.

Obama is thanking all those share holders for their contributions to his cause.

What's astonishing is how much PPACA-bashing is based on blogs, rumor-mongering, and unsupported sources.

Carry on. :popcorn:

average premiums are up, average deductibles are up. people are forced to buy coverages that they don't need or want, there are as many uninsured now as before ACA.

No rumors or blogging, just simple facts.

Forum List

Back