Obamacare Cost to Business = LOST JOBS, higher consumer prices and LESS SERVICE!!!

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by GHook93, Mar 29, 2010.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Whether you are in the left, right or middle, you do not want to see companies taking such huge hits that they are forced to cut costs or glup even go out of business. Cutting costs equates to:
    (1) Heads rolling - This is a foresure impact (expect the official unemployment of 10% to increase and the unofficial to skyrocket)
    (2) Pushing costs to consumer (you will see it from office supplies to food at restaurants and the grocery store)
    (3) Cutting Employee Benefits overall (see about retiree benefits and drug coverate below)
    (4) Cutting R&D meaning we get less innovation (and the is extremely bad for industries competing int he global market - See Zoll)
    (5) Extra incentive to move some or even all operations overseas (see Haiti)
    (6) Less Corporate Spending (a big chunk that drives the market is intercorporate spending! It dwarfs consumer spending. It will sharply go down)

Below is a list of publicly known impact on companies. You better believe all businesses big and small are feeling the impact directly, indirectly and with enough force to hurt everyone!

Estimate profit losses directly caused by Obamination:

Cost to S&P 500:
    Cost to John Deere:
    Cost to the Medical Device Industry (forget about innovation!):

Cost to MA Zoll (ever wonder why MA voted for Brown and against Obamination Care? Zoll is a huge employer, this bill will hurt MA hard!):
    . "

Cost to Caterpiller:
    Cost to AT&T:
    Cost to 3M:

Effect on Verizon (not stated amount, but its significant):
    RESPONSE - LEAVE US SOIL:
    RESPONSE - BENEFITS CUT:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I'm sorry, but anyone who supports Obamination care is well (OK I will be nice) uneducated on the importance of business to employment and America!

3. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    And the Obamination Care Supporters are silent! :eek:

Mission Accomplised! :cool:

4. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Believe it or not, small business (usually who can't afford to insure all) will be high the hardest by the Obamination Care bill!

What does this equate to for small businesses? Dead weight costs, the significantly reduces profits! Less profits equates to cost cutting. Small businesses that can't cut cost, go OUT OF BUSINESS!

5. hboats

hboats Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Don't you realize that was the intent of this bill all along? They want to make it so that companies can't afford to carry their existing health care benefits. It's all about control. They wanted us to think it wasn't, but that was just for the short term. Long term, it's about controlling 1/6 of the U.S. economy.

Rick

6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I agree with boats. This was the goal of the 0bamination that was the senate bill. They want higher unemployment, they want to drive the private insurance companies out of the market.

The deeper the crisis, the more people have the need to get rescued. It doesn't work so well in a democracy, so they will loose seats this year. But they knew that all along too.

It was not as if any of this was unknown.

There were many ways to do this well, there were many ways to do this less badly. They went for the worst possible option every step of the way, and they did so deliberately.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I would imagine J D, Cat, ATT and the others can now understand just a little about how it feels to be on the front side of the train being pushed down the railroad.

8. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I don't buy that, because if this bill does hurts the economy that way it appears it will, then the Democrats are setting up for a slaughter!

9. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    While there are problems with this bill, the end result has not yet been determined. I find it amuzing how everyone is so concerned about how many jobs will be lost, yet there is no discussion as to how many jobs have already been lost due to health insurance premiums increasing 130% in the past ten years under the wonderful system without these new reforms. On top of that, it has been projected that without any changes, healthcare costs will continue to increase at relatively the same rate as they have over the last decade.

If you think that the more than doubling of healthcare costs in the last ten years hasn't cost us millions of jobs, then you all are off your rockers. But the answer by so many of you here has been the same; nothing is wrong with the way things are. Maybe had so many not been sleeping at the wheel, there could have been more constructive discussion that may have led to a better plan. But instead of addressing the real problem, the only discussion was against making any real changes to the system.

This new legislation is a starting point. I'm sure that over time, it will be tweaked and changes made. In the end though, costs will continue to rise. However, the argument that it will now cost us more is not likely valid, as costs were going to continue increasing anyway. If we want to get serious about reducing costs, then we need to look at how healthcare is delivered in the US. That is where many changes need to be made. The entire system is inefficient and counterproductive.

Since the insurance companies found a way to deny me coverage after years of being insured, I have seen first hand how much money is wasted. Now that I am forced to pay cash for my healthcare, I'm paying less than half what the insurance companies paid for the same treatments and care. I keep asking myself "where was all that money going to in the past"?

Think about this for one minute. We are currently spending $8000 per year per person for healthcare. That equates to approximately $625,000 per person over their lifetime. With a median income of around $45,000 per year, this is 30% of the average person's lifetime earnings. Since other countries spend much less than this, it becomes obvious that even with higher tax rates, they end up with more disposable income. More disposable income leads to healthier economies and more people working.

We let this get out of control a long time ago. Fixing it is not going to be easy, but we must have a starting point. To me, this legislation is just that, a starting point. It is not the answer for cutting costs, but it is a start, and it sure as hell puts us in a better place than where we were.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    I have been attacked in a similar way in the real world. I agree with EVERYTHING you are saying. Our employer based healthcare system is fraud beyond belief. It puts our corporations at a huge disadvantage in the global environment.

Therefore, I am a Universal Healthcare guy. Take healthcare out of our employer's hands. Take that burden off of them.

What this bill does is puts more of the healthcare burden on our businesses and that is unsustainable!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010