Obamacare Causing a shortage of doctors

That's true.

Solutions?

Have far more licensing agencies. Accredit far more med schools. But that will not happen. The supply of doctors is pretty carefully measured.

Medical school is not easy or cheap, for both the student and the school.

The difficulty is to assure quality. The expense part is a direct function of the limited supply of colleges, and the ease of federal financing. There will always be a shortage of doctors. It will only get worse. And what happens when, in order to make sure that every single American has health insurance, doctor workloads are massively increased? More demand, less relative supply =what?

I know all about it. My doctor is on leave until after the election when he will notify his patients whether he intends to return to practice or not. I don't think he's waiting to make sure obama is reelected.

BS

and

LOL

If you really think anybody is dumb enough to believe this tall tale.

I know all about it. My doctor is on leave until after the election when he will notify his patients whether he intends to return to practice or not. I don't think he's waiting to make sure obama is reelected.

BS

and

LOL

If you really think anybody is dumb enough to believe this tall tale.

That too lol

Someone who would abandon his patients for political reasons has no business in the profession.

Good riddance.

Who said it's for political reasons? Maybe he's just sick of losing money on every Medicaid patient and having people like you tell him he makes to much money.

Here's the real problem I have with statements similar to yours. If I say "Why shouldn't doctors make good money? They earned it by going to school until their mid 30's." or "Doctors should be able to charge as much as people are willing to pay." Most people freak out and say "That's not fair because it's an unfair ultimatum. It's either pay or die." Now you say that doctors should do what they do out of the goodness of their hearts. Newsflash: Some of the most honorable people would make crappy doctors and some of the best doctors enjoy making money. There's nothing wrong with this. I'd rather have a good doctor treat me than have a crappy doctor with good intentions treat me.

Forum List

Back