Obamacare causes prices to skyrocket

And as to some claims about Administration knowing that millions of people would lose insurance...lets check in on that KNOWLEDGE:

lzi_gpd6puu6buc0blijhq.png

Reality has that insidious liberal bias that makes it sooo tough to deal with! Constant fantasy crafting helps some.

I don't see any "reality" there at all. For starters, millions did lose their insurance. Then they had to go out and pay 4x's as much for half the coverage that they previously had (I thought Obamacare was supposed to "lower" healthcare costs?!?).

Also - Obama claimed over and over and over that 30 million people were uninsured and hence why Obamacare was so necessary. Funny that your chart shows a high of 18 million (or barely more than half of the wild claims). So either the Dumbocrats lied in 2009 or your chart is a joke. Which is it?

Understandable since liberals are extremely slow and very limited mentally. But yes...you are "mistaken". Romney addressed the desires of the constituents of his state. Perfectly legal. Obama and the Dumbocrats unconstitutionally forced Obamacare on the American people. Completely illegal.

The federal government was delegated 18 enumerated powers by the states and that is all. Healthcare is not one of those powers. In addition, no where does the U.S. Constitution grant the federal government the power to force the American people a good or service.

Let me know if you need any other lessons on the U.S. Constitution. I'll be here all week.

Let play a "who gets to say that" game:

Unconstitutional...US Supreme Court gets to say that and even with 5-4 conservative majority it has time and time again ruled that yes law is in fact constitutional (except Medicaid expansion requirement for the states). The Federal government has been granted the powers to tax, to spend, take care of the general welfare of this country . According to the Supreme Court those power cover ACA and it is a constitutionally sound law.

Yep, some of that liberal bias you can't just can't seem to deal with so you indulge your fantasies instead.

No genius...the cancer known as liberalism got us Obamacare.

Oh? For some reason I thought it was Heritage and Romey (you know, that guy you thought should be President instead of Obama) that blueprinted Obamacare...maybe I'm mistaken...maybe they had some totally different ideas they implemented exactly how Obamacare did.

And as to some claims about Administration knowing that millions of people would lose insurance...lets check in on that KNOWLEDGE:

Reality has that insidious liberal bias that makes it sooo tough to deal with! Constant fantasy crafting helps some.

Like that graph is supposed to mean something.

Let's give everyone pilot's licenses too.

I don't see any "reality" there at all. For starters, millions did lose their insurance. Then they had to go out and pay 4x's as much for half the coverage that they previously had (I thought Obamacare was supposed to "lower" healthcare costs?!?).

Also - Obama claimed over and over and over that 30 million people were uninsured and hence why Obamacare was so necessary. Funny that your chart shows a high of 18 million (or barely more than half of the wild claims). So either the Dumbocrats lied in 2009 or your chart is a joke. Which is it?

Actually, he changed that number to 46 million.

And who knows how they are counting.

Of course, this was supposed to keep them out of the ER and hence drop costs.

We still spend the same amount.

Just wonderful.

Understandable since liberals are extremely slow and very limited mentally. But yes...you are "mistaken". Romney addressed the desires of the constituents of his state. Perfectly legal. Obama and the Dumbocrats unconstitutionally forced Obamacare on the American people. Completely illegal.

The federal government was delegated 18 enumerated powers by the states and that is all. Healthcare is not one of those powers. In addition, no where does the U.S. Constitution grant the federal government the power to force the American people a good or service.

Let me know if you need any other lessons on the U.S. Constitution. I'll be here all week.

Unconstitutional...US Supreme Court gets to say that and even with 5-4 conservative majority it has time and time again ruled that yes law is in fact constitutional (except Medicaid expansion requirement for the states). The Federal government has been granted the powers to tax, to spend, take care of the general welfare of this country . According to the Supreme Court those power cover ACA and it is a constitutionally sound law.

Yep, some of that liberal bias you can't just can't seem to deal with so you indulge your fantasies instead.
Let's play "teach a liberal what the U.S. Constitution actually says and help them ease a step closer to the uncomfortable reality they dread so much". Mmmm....k?

Every power the federal government has is explicitly restricted to their 18 enumerated powers. They can't tax me to build themselves a mansion. They can tax me to send their children to college. And their tax powers do not extend to forcing me to purchase a good or service.

Furthermore, the immature "general welfare" clause liberal talking point that you parrot is beyond absurd. The "general welfare" is within the context of their 18 enumerated powers only. Here is Thomas Jefferson stating as much very clearly (I've included the date so you can research for yourself for once):

Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated; and that, as it was never meant they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action” - Thomas Jefferson (June 6, 1817)

Thanks for playing junior! Like I said earlier, let me know of you need any other lessons on the U.S. Constitution. I'll be here all week.

:dance::dance::dance:

Oh? For some reason I thought it was Heritage and Romey (you know, that guy you thought should be President instead of Obama) that blueprinted Obamacare...maybe I'm mistaken...maybe they had some totally different ideas they implemented exactly how Obamacare did.

Denial is not a river in Egypt and the graph shows a decrease in uninsured population ratio. That means claims about "people losing insurance!" is just another counter-factual rightwing fantasy.

And yes, it is just as ludicrous as claiming that people are losing pilot licenses while giving everyone a pilot license.

Denial is not a river in Egypt and the graph shows a decrease in uninsured population ratio. That means claims about "people losing insurance!" is just another counter-factual rightwing fantasy.

And yes, it is just as ludicrous as claiming that people are losing pilot licenses while giving everyone a pilot license.
So let's be clear here then - you are admitting that Barack Obama and the Dumbocrats lied to get Obamcare pushed through?

Let's play "teach a liberal what the U.S. Constitution actually says and help them ease a step closer to the uncomfortable reality they dread so much". Mmmm....k?

Every power the federal government has is explicitly restricted to their 18 enumerated powers. They can't tax me to build themselves a mansion. They can tax me to send their children to college. And their tax powers do not extend to forcing me to purchase a good or service.

Furthermore, the immature "general welfare" clause liberal talking point that you parrot is beyond absurd. The "general welfare" is within the context of their 18 enumerated powers only. Here is Thomas Jefferson stating as much very clearly (I've included the date so you can research for yourself for once):

Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated; and that, as it was never meant they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action” - Thomas Jefferson (June 6, 1817)

Thanks for playing junior! Like I said earlier, let me know of you need any other lessons on the U.S. Constitution. I'll be here all week.

Maybe on the planet you reside on arguments you just made are not being laughed at but reality here on earth is that the righties have lost the constitutional challenges to Obamacare.

Come down and visit us, it's not so bad here

Last edited:

So let's be clear here then - you are admitting that Barack Obama and the Dumbocrats lied to get Obamcare pushed through?

You need to quit smoking crack.

ACA was "pushed through" by means of legitimate process by duly elected representatives of the United States of America.

You certifiably out of your mind.

Maybe on the planet you reside on arguments you just made are not being laughed at but reality here on earth is that the righties have lost the constitutional challenges to Obamacare.

So let me get this straight - I not only cite the U.S. Constitution itself but also provide original writings from our founders proving I was 100% right and you had no idea what you were talking about and the most intelligent response you can come up with is "you're certifiably out of your mind"? You're too immature to admit you were wrong? You certainly can't provide even the slightest argument that you weren't. You were at least bright enough to give up trying. :lol:

So let me get this straight - I not only cite the U.S. Constitution itself but also provide original writings from our founders proving I was 100% right and you had no idea what you were talking about and the most intelligent response you can come up with is "you're certifiably out of your mind"? You're too immature to admit you were wrong? You certainly can't provide even the slightest argument that you weren't. You were at least bright enough to give up trying. :lol:

Here is straight - You have no fucking clue what you are rambling about. The basic errors in your thinking on this topic are so many, so detached from the real world jurisprudence of the last 100 years that it's tough to even begin to address it.

How about here - the powers are not unlimited obviously but are much more expansive than you seem to imagine them.

Last edited:

ACA was "pushed through" by means of legitimate process by duly elected representatives of the United States of America.
You can't have it both ways junior. If your chart is accurate (as you want to claim), then Obama and the Dumbocrats lied about 30 million people being without insurance. If they told the truth, then your chart is completely inaccurate and thus unreliable as proof of anything.

Sooooo.....which is it? You tell us.

Here is straight - You have no fucking clue what you are rambling about. The basic errors in your thinking on this topic are so many, so detached from the real world jurisprudence of the last 100 years that it's tough to even begin to address it.
Bwahahahaha!!!! That's a pitiful excuse to turn and run tail. I've provided both the U.S. Constitution and original writings by our founders. You've got nothing. Just admit that you don't know what you're talking about but were trying to sound like an "expert".

You can't have it both ways junior. If your chart is accurate (as you want to claim), then Obama and the Dumbocrats lied about 30 million people being without insurance. If they told the truth, then your chart is completely inaccurate and thus unreliable as proof of anything.

I'll tell you which it is - your silliness.

One is a count of people, while number in the graph is % ratio of uninsured to total population.

At the time of Obamacare going into effect 50+ million people didn't have insurance (18% of population), that number has now decreased by about 15 million....and yet there are still moon walkers on the right that to this day claim Obamacare caused loss of coverage! It's embarrassing.

And as to the original article:

"Putting this in context, a recent report from Freedom Partners Health found that health insurance premiums have increased faster than wages and inflation in recent years, rising an average of 28 percent from 2009 to 2014 despite the enactment of Obamacare, or rather “because of.” Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law on March 23, 2010, and Wednesday is the law’s sixth anniversary."

Is pure BS. The true context of the matter is that 28% over 5 years is actually LOWER growth rate compared to prior growth rates:

kff-chart.png

Time and time again conservatives seem to prefer fantasy to facts.

Of course, this passes over your head.

Give everyone a license they can't utilize for anything.

That is what your graph shows.

If you really, in your little bubble world, think that this is an improvement, there are plenty of people who have property to sell you in the Mojave desert.

Insurance is worthless (worse than worthless) if you can't afford to utilize it.

And as to the original article:

"Putting this in context, a recent report from Freedom Partners Health found that health insurance premiums have increased faster than wages and inflation in recent years, rising an average of 28 percent from 2009 to 2014 despite the enactment of Obamacare, or rather “because of.” Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law on March 23, 2010, and Wednesday is the law’s sixth anniversary."

Is pure BS. The true context of the matter is that 28% over 5 years is actually LOWER growth rate compared to prior growth rates:

kff-chart.png

Time and time again conservatives seem to prefer fantasy to facts.

As has been explained in such a way that anyone with a brain can understand.....there are plenty of factors that impact these increases. If you think at 26% increase is a good thing, please say as much.

I'll tell you which it is - your silliness.

One is a count of people, while number in the graph is % ratio of uninsured to total population.

At the time of Obamacare going into effect 50+ million people didn't have insurance (18% of population), that number has now decreased by about 15 million....and yet there are still moon walkers on the right that to this day claim Obamacare caused loss of coverage! It's embarrassing.

If you are referencing a net loss in coverage, you would be correct.

If you are saying people did not lose insurance because of Obamacare, you would not.

Which is it ?

If you are referencing a net loss in coverage, you would be correct.

If you are saying people did not lose insurance because of Obamacare, you would not.

Which is it ?

When we are talking about coverage we are DE FACTO talking about net, overall coverage changes - a difference between insurance lost and insurance gained in system where people always lose and gain insurance in a normal turnover cycle.

The fact that someone somewhere may have lost coverage or had to switch plans does not mean that Obamacare overall caused people to lose insurance. To try to present it that way, without mention of how many people GAINED insurance because of Obamacare is straight BS.

[As has been explained in such a way that anyone with a brain can understand.....there are plenty of factors that impact these increases. If you think at 26% increase is a good thing, please say as much.

26% increase is comparatively GREAT when we look at rate increases in the decade leading up to passage of Obamacare.

It doesn't seem you have enough neurons firing to understand that real improvement is always better than some imaginary rainbows and unicorns you have in your head about what successful policy looks like.

Obamacare never promised to fix all our healthcare problems, but to improve the situation and lay the groundwork for further reform.

Forum List

Back