ObamaCare: back on the warpath

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I just received the following letter from Obama which makes hash of the idea that Obama is interested in working with Republicans.

You won't find the words "compromise" "outreach" or "bi-partisan" in it.

Dems still haven't figured out the implication of losing their media monopoly. This is amateur hour.

"Organizing for America
Friend --

A few days ago, President Obama told a story about an OFA supporter in St. Louis who had volunteered during the campaign and organized her community for health reform, but recently succumbed to breast cancer.

She didn't have quality insurance, so she put off crucial exams and didn't catch it early enough. And while she fought cancer, she also spent her final months fighting for a chance at health reform so others wouldn't go through the same thing.

The President told this story to remind Congress, the nation, and us: We can't tell her family we're giving up on reform because it's too hard, or too risky.

Congress is weighing options and hearing plenty of special interest voices telling them to give up. They need to understand that their constituents want them to keep fighting. So today, we're relaunching our Health Care Action Center to give you all the tools and information you need to fight for reform.

Visit the Health Care Action Center

At the Action Center, you can make calls, write letters, speak out in your community, and weigh in directly with Congress. There's information about what the President stands for, and personal stories that show why reform is so important.

So check it out today:

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Health Care Action Center

Last edited:
I do wish they'd stop making up shit about people dying as a tug at the heartstrings for healthcare. It really annoys me.

You got to hand it to those pesky liberal Democrats. They are very consistent. SLOW LEARNERS. I've never seen such a big group of politicians working so hard to get booted out at the next election.

You got to hand it to those pesky liberal Democrats. They are very consistent. SLOW LEARNERS. I've never seen such a big group of politicians working so hard to get booted out at the next election.

I think they don't believe that will happen. They believe their own press... this TEA party thing is just a few redneck racists. Good, let them keep thinking that. It'll be a nice surprise for them when they join the rest of the unemployed.

The progressive Democrats are playing to their base, they know as well as most of us do that Obamacare in it's current form is dead on arrival, they just want to make a show of "fighting to the last man" for their progressive base so those voters don't decide to stay home en mass in November and end up costing them additional seats.

I thought Obama wanted Republican ideas and participation, how is sending out a call to action like this at all helpful?

Oh Yes. All last year he didn't need the Reps for anything. Didn't need their input. didn't want to listen to anything they had to say and sure didn't want to see anything they proposed. Jeeze, they had a super majority and couln't pass this steaming pile of shit. Now, after getting their asses kicked in MA they need the Reps??? Funny how that works doncha know??

Nope, just a dog and pony show is all.

Does anyone think Obama has not heard the ideas being floated around? Healthcare is a well studied issue. The solutions are pretty well known. The issue is mainly political--how to get stuff passed. Is he really going to say "yeah, let's move to a market-based approach and cap malpractice damages" which will piss off his owners at the tort bar? Is he really going to allow insurance companies to sell across state lines? Will he really sign on to less gov't control when his entire mindset is that gov't is the solution to the problem, not the problem?
No, I dont think so.

Forum List

Back