ObamaCare and more Gov't control

Reality ruins another GOP talking point

It’s one of those observations that Republicans repeat so often, it’s often just assumed to be true: President Obama and his big-government agenda have imposed a wave of regulations that’s overwhelming society and crushing the economy.

The notion that regulations are hurting the economy has already been so thoroughly debunked, it’s safe to conclude that anyone who repeats it is not to be trusted.

Reality ruins another GOP talking point

It’s one of those observations that Republicans repeat so often, it’s often just assumed to be true: President Obama and his big-government agenda have imposed a wave of regulations that’s overwhelming society and crushing the economy.

The notion that regulations are hurting the economy has already been so thoroughly debunked, it’s safe to conclude that anyone who repeats it is not to be trusted.

Depends on what you call regulations. The article describes Obama's regulations as a summer swell,. Well I'd say Obamacare alone is a Tsunami of Regulations. The only debunking that has been done is in the mines of the naive.

If you don't like corporations, buy insurance from a member-run health insurance co-operative. Or use a direct primary care arrangement and avoid it expect for "major" expenses covered by a high-deductible plan. Or just keep doing whatever you're doing right now. Or move to Vermont and get in on their single-payer plan.

You're missing the point (deliberately?). What I don't like is government dictating our personal decisions. Being forced to choose "one from column A and one from column B" is not freedom.

That's the libturd conception of "choice."

Sounds like a lot of fear mongering to me.

I'd love a better system though similar to what they have in Taiwan.

A Medicare for all system that works.

Right... NO HIPAA in Taiwan... YEA!!!
Right.. NO Law suits in Taiwan.. YEA!!
In the USA $600 billion a year totally agreed by 90% of physicians spent out of FEAR of lawsuits.. again something they wouldn't fear in TAIWAN.

RIGHT.. Taiwan WOULD NOT allow any hospital to send a claim with 6,000% markup as
happens to Medicare today and Medicare AGREES it is OK!

So in those 4 areas alone.. IF THEY weren't in the USA..
Health care costs would drop $1 trillion a year!
Everyone could afford then health insurance!

BUT of course YOU NEVER MENTIONED that those COST don't exist in Taiwan!!! Not allowed!

Three-part plan:

1. Decrease the costs of medical delivery via strategies such as 100% electronic records (currently 14%), significant tort reform, national plans across state lines, etc.

2. Medicare-for-all chassis that eliminates divisions between standard coverage, Medicaid and Medicare to unlock the system, provide strong preventive and diagnostic services to further reduce long-term costs and provide for a more healthy populace overall

3. Robust free market supplemental coverage system that opens up 300 million clients for the health insurance companies to provide a wide range of plans to either fill in or largely fill in the holes left by the Medicare chassis. Not having to cover preventive and diagnostic services would dramatically decrease the cost of the plans. Adding in Value Based Insurance Design (look it up) would further reduce the cost of chronic illnesses.

I know, I know, I'm either a ring-wing Nazi or left-wing communist, I get it.

enjoy paying for all these new government agencies and then having them make your health care decisions..should be a blast..but hey, it gets all them damn FREELOADERS (mostly the young people). but vote for Obama again..:lol:

healthcaremap-1.jpg

Forum List

Back