ObamaCare - $700 - $1,000 FINE for the little guy?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by 2ndAmendment, Oct 9, 2012.

1. 2ndAmendment

2ndAmendment Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Really? Disguised as a tax?

Those who aren't blessed enough to have health insurance will be MANDATED to purchase it OR face a yearly fine of $700 - $1,000 FINE? (Collectable by the 10,000 new IRS agents hired?)

Is that true? So I heard.

PS -- funny when the muslim-in-chief said that everyone would have insurance. Oh, OK -- they are forced to buy it at the price of a new car or face a fine by the IRS? And we know the IRS is the pitbull of collectors.

Well, maybe new jobs will be created to build extra federal prison space for those who don't pay the new fine/tax.

Pitiful.

2. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,707
    Nice that you spin the story into the Twilight Zone.

For those mandated to buy insurance that cannot afford it the feds will help you pay for it.

It's in the Bill that the IRS can't prosecute or otherwise enforce the "penalty."

3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,790
    And who will decide whether you can afford it? The person who knows and deals with your family's budget? Or, someone else?

[​IMG]

If you believe that, if you believe Congress would bother specifying a penalty for a law that won't be enforced, well.... I know of a lucrative real estate opportunity we should really talk about. IM me right away!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. 2ndAmendment

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    dblack -- good for you! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Fortunately, I don't have a real 'dog' in this Obamascare, since we have good insurance ....however, I think it's horrendous that millions of people will be forced into huge monthly payments OR face the long arm of the law, the IRS.

It appears that grandma never heard of those serving time in federal prison for non-payment of taxes. DOH!

5. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    wow, the Feds will help pay huh? they got a money tree somewhere?

6. 2ndAmendment

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    haha - it's an extension of the Welfare Fraud Tree! :lmao:

7. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,903
    OK, SO HOW DOES THE FED PAY FOR THE ONES WHO CAN'T PAY FOR IT, AND WITH WHAT MONEY WILL THE FED USE TO PAY FOR IT, OTHERWISE FOR THOSE WHOM CAN'T AFFORD IT ???

They will use tax money, but where does that tax money come from ? It comes from the working class in America who are taxed for this money right ? So let me get this straight, the working class have to pay for this insurance or they will be fined, because some of the money will be used to pay for those who can't afford it, as then distributed by the government as a subsidy given unto the poor in which was taken from the working class either in taxes and then in fines, in order to make the loop or program work somehow for all in which is the ultimate plan, and if the working class doesn't keep up, well then they will be fined until they become poor as well (i.e. joing the ranks of those who are dependent), where as eventually the government will be the only ones left standing, while everyone else is poor because of such an idiotic plan. Plans like this make people who work feel a fool, because those who don't work will be better off than those who do work, because they are paid for by those who do work without any incentives promoted, and if they are not paid for by those who do work, then the government will come after those who do work, and fine them until they again pay for those who don't work? WOW !!!!

8. 2ndAmendment

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    You're so right, beagle!! It's the reason the bumper sticker says, "Work harder, millions on welfare are depending on you."

9. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Through you of course. Many thank yous in advance.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  10. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    So Obama is creating jobs afterall.....Government Ones. :eusa_whistle::confused::eusa_hand:

da'Bum.