Obama your test is here--Hamas vs Israel

wow....Obama is President already? who knew :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, why do some people think that Obama should make a public statement about the situation involving Isreal and Hamas? Bush is President for another 23 days. Obama making a statement would be inappropriate IMO.

Put aside the fact that Obama has made public statements about foreign policy many times while Bush is in office .. or the fact that Bush is following the Obama doctrine in Pakistan right now ..

When Georgia attacked Russian peacekeepers in violation of a 15 year-old agreement .. ironically over former territory it once held .. and created the conflict there, Obama and Bush accused the Russians of a "disproportionate" response.

Bush said ..

US President George W. Bush hit hard at Russia on Monday saying that the Russian response to Georgian aggression in South Ossetia -- a breakaway region formally part of Georgia -- was "disproportionate." Speaking from Beijing, where he has been attending the Olympic Games, Bush told NBC television "I've expressed my grave concern about the disproportionate response of Russia and that we strongly condemn the bombing outside of South Ossetia."

Obama said ..

"What is clear is that Russia has invaded Georgia's sovereign - has encroached on Georgia's sovereignty, and it is very important for us to resolve this issue as quickly as possible"

"No matter how this conflict started, Russia has escalated it well beyond the dispute over South Ossetia and invaded another country. Russia has escalated its military campaign through strategic bombing and the movement of its ground forces into the heart of Georgia. There is no possible justification for these attacks.

I reiterate my call for Russia to stop its bombing campaign, to stop flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and to withdraw its ground forces from Georgia. The Georgian government has proposed a cease-fire and the Russian government should accept it. There is also an urgent need for humanitarian assistance to reach the people of Georgia, and casualties on both sides.

Going forward, the United States and Europe must support the people of Georgia. Beyond immediate humanitarian assistance, we must provide economic assistance, and help rebuild what has been destroyed.

The United States, Europe and all other concerned countries must stand united in condemning this aggression, and seeking a peaceful resolution to this crisis. We should continue to push for a United Nations Security Council Resolution calling for an immediate end to the violence. This is a clear violation of the sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Georgia - the UN must stand up for the sovereignty of its members, and peace in the world."
Obama On Russian Invasion Of Georgia: "No Possible Justification" (VIDEO)

THEN, even further .. Obama and Biden proposed giving the Georgian president one billion dollars in aid to rebuild what the nasty ol' Russia had done to innocent Georgia .. who STARTED the conflict. ... and Bush agreed.

Question: How many presidents were there then?

The notion that Obama will somehow "get in trouble" if he spoke out is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how you hear about the Israeli attacks on Hamas but you don't hear about the Hamas rockets fired into Israel?

Isn't it funny how you hear about the Israeli attacks on Hamas but you don't hear about the Hamas rockets fired into Israel?

Absolutely.

As for the other points: Israel doesn't need America's money. They can supply their military on their own. They are just taking all the help they can get. It would be foolish not to, wouldn't you say?

Israel needs bullets for the guns and missiles for the jets. If it doesn't get those from the US, then, well, it's got a bunch of really pretty looking objects that don't do much of anything. Maybe Israel could crash a jet into Nezrallah's home... pay him back for '06.

Israel has more than it will ever need already.

When you have nukes, and your enemies have what amounts to spit balls compared to you, you're pretty much good to go.

Regardless of whether it would be "wiped out', why are you complaining about money to Israel when we've given money all over the middle east, including Saudi Arabia.

And how much of our money did we give to the PA? Oh right... it went into Suha's bank account.

You know better than that, jill.

You know I don't support US funding for ANYONE.

Maybe the renewed attacks because they have been being starved and deprived of medical supplies for months?

Have they? SO there is a blockade by Isreal AND Egypt? Wow... that IS NEWS... Huh, I wonder then why it is then, that they've not sent ANY rockets into Egypt?

ROFL... of course the simple FACT is that no one is preventing the Palestinians from BUYING and importing food or medical supplies. They simply have been cut off from Israel and for DAMN GOOD REASONS.

If Israel set out tonight to kill ever man woman and child in Gaza it wouldn't concern me in the slightests... but it would end the problems Israel has with Gaza... tonight and in finality. Would it be sad? Of course... it's always sad when some people, such as the Palestinians just refuse to do what is necessary to just be decent fuckin' people and end up getting themselves killed by those that they just refused to get along with.

It's sorta like that idiot that 'just had to' video the grizzlies... And not just once... but year after year he 'poked the bear' and let's be honest... who among us didn't know how that was eventually gonna turn out? Steve Irwin? The only thing that suprised anyone there is that he was killed by a stinger of a stingray and not consumed by a 20' 'CROCK.'

The Palestinians deserve total annihilation... and they'll eventually get just that; now I doubt that it'll be this time around... but it wouldn't surprise me. In truth I expect it will come in the wake of Hesitant-elect Hussein... his policies will so enflame the terrorists and so handicap Isreal that the stored shift of chronic international humiliation and death will eventually set Isreal off in finality.

Epislon Delta, says she hates to Neg-rep... but while she feels this post is disgusting and loathesome... she lacked the courage to come onto the board and state her argument and frankly... those of you that have read her work... as have I understand why that is perhaps the best thinking she's shown yet... GOOD CALL EPI!

Last edited:
Put aside the fact that Obama has made public statements about foreign policy many times while Bush is in office .. or the fact that Bush is following the Obama doctrine in Pakistan right now ..

Put aside the fact that there is no such thing as "HUSSEIN OBAMA DOCTRINE"

Unless of course one sets aside the 'street organizining' of bank harrassment; getting the legislature to threaten prosecution of banks which do not loan to sub-prime markets and eventually force the failure of the international mortgage markets...

Ooh some one else thinks the five percent of US tax dollars head over seas to various places is the reason we can't balance the books...

i don't know what obama could really do to stop this. either way the u.s should not be blamed for this

wow....Obama is President already? who knew :rolleyes::rolleyes:

seriously, why do some people think that Obama should make a public statement about the situation involving Isreal and Hamas? Bush is President for another 23 days. Obama making a statement would be inappropriate IMO.

Obama has been opening his trap on everything but the events that really matters. The economy is not a government issue, it is a capitalist issue,...he needs to shut his freak'n hole on American's money issues.

Forum List

Back