Obama your test is here--Hamas vs Israel

Paulitics I hat to tell you this but had what passes for leadership among the Palestinians spent half as much time and effort building there own lands instead of trying to take that of their neighbors they'd not be freaking starving.

Hey, I'm admitedly not as educated on Israel v. Palestine as others here, but I haven't read a report yet about Palestinians bulldozing Israeli land and building new settlements they previously agreed not to build.

Both sides are chock full of their share of fucking assholes bent on ruining it for the majority of peacefuls. Same as anywhere else.

You know damn well neither side is willing to share Jerusalem, both for religious reasons. Seems like just another typical example of why religion is fucking this world up.

Hey, I'm admitedly not as educated on Israel v. Palestine as others here, but I haven't read a report yet about Palestinians bulldozing Israeli land and building new settlements they previously agreed not to build.

Both sides are chock full of their share of fucking assholes bent on ruining it for the majority of peacefuls. Same as anywhere else.

You know damn well neither side is willing to share Jerusalem, both for religious reasons. Seems like just another typical example of why religion is fucking this world up.

I might agree if you said "hijacked religions".

I might agree if you said "hijacked religions".

I'll give you that. I don't have a problem with religion as a theory, but its obvious control over people's every action has been unbelievably used by those with the most power and money, to manipulate the masses.

It's sickening.

did you know the the places Israel was bulldozing were for the most part, Jewish settlements that had to be removed?

did you know the the places Israel was bulldozing were for the most part, Jewish settlements that had to be removed?

No but I'd love to see proof of that before I just believe it.

The only reason I know they bulldozed in the first place is because the MSM told me. So I don't really even lend THAT much credence. I'm always open for another perspective.

I don't get it either. We don't have summits with Osama and Al-Qaeda.

you also don't have osama and AQ lobbing missiles into your backyard on a daily basis and suicide bombers blowing up babies in carriages; passover sedars at hotels and school buses.

it's different when the terrorists are your "neighbors". and Israel has always been willing to make peace deals with others who want peace.

you also don't have osama and AQ lobbing missiles into your backyard on a daily basis and suicide bombers blowing up babies in carriages; passover sedars at hotels and school buses.

it's different when the terrorists are your "neighbors". and Israel has always been willing to make peace deals with others who want peace.
but the peace deals never work

who was it that said "to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results is insannity"

or something close to that :D

How exactly would Israel be "wiped out" without US funding?

Who exactly in their region has even a FRACTION of the firepower that Israel has?

Seriously, how the fuck do you make such a ridiculous claim David?

Who exactly in their region has even a FRACTION of the firepower that Israel has?

Israel needs bullets for the guns and missiles for the jets. If it doesn't get those from the US, then, well, it's got a bunch of really pretty looking objects that don't do much of anything. Maybe Israel could crash a jet into Nezrallah's home... pay him back for '06.

Israel needs bullets for the guns and missiles for the jets. If it doesn't get those from the US, then, well, it's got a bunch of really pretty looking objects that don't do much of anything. Maybe Israel could crash a jet into Nezrallah's home... pay him back for '06.
you dont think the Israelis would be able to make enough on their own?
i sure do

What does Egypt have to do with It? They also have been at peace with Jordan for thirty years and never gave them crap. The problem is with the Palestinians idiot stick. Every concession Israel makes to those idiots just gets more violence.

Does anyone wonder why Hamas has decided to renew launches at Isreal--just 20+ days out from the Presidential inaguration? It's called political manuvering. After all, how many times did Barack Obama state during the primaries & presidential debates--that he would meet one on one with the leader of Iran & "Hamas" without preconditions. He defended this strategy against Hillary Clinton--Joe Biden & all the way through the Presidential debates.

Well--it looks to me that the invitation for one on one talks without preconditions has been sent by Hamas acting up again. Now in the Gaza strip. Poor guy, won't even get to enjoy the inaguration ball.

This is what happens when you say too much, or try & defend the indefensible. Hamas was watching & listening to every word Barack Obama was saying.

Joe Biden was right. Obama will be tested. Biden was just wrong on the time frame--of his statement--"within 6 months". They won't even let Obama get into office before the world is testing him.

How should Obama react now? In my opinion, Obama should say that Isreal has the right to defend itself, then this is over immediately, & Hamas backs down. Any other thing encourages Hamas to keep going with the rocket attacks against Isreal, which of course equals more deaths & violence.

Are you serious?

Hamas, nor anybody else has any illusions that the first Jewish presdient is going to do or say anything that criticizes ISrael in any meaningful way. He's already said Israel has the right to defend itself .. and he's gone even further to the right on Israel than even George Bush.

I think the US president should do this:

To whoever sends a rocket: No more goods. No more aid. No more guns! No nothing! Wanna go and murder innocents? Well, do it with your own fucking money, buddy. The American people are not gonna be complicit with this nonsense.

My jaw would drop to the floor. Never gonna happen.

but the peace deals never work

who was it that said "to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different results is insannity"

or something close to that :D

The peace deals worked with Egypt and Jordan because they had rational leadership and weren't overrun by terrorists. It would work with Lebanon, too, if Iran would stop helping its surrogate terrorists in Hezbollah overrun that country. As for the Pals, they have never wanted peace. They don't want peace and they have always allowed themselves to be used.

Regardless of whether it would be "wiped out', why are you complaining about money to Israel when we've given money all over the middle east, including Saudi Arabia.

And how much of our money did we give to the PA? Oh right... it went into Suha's bank account.

FYI

In August 2007, the Bush Administration announced that it would increase U.S.
military assistance to Israel by $6 billion over the next decade. For FY2008, Israel
is receiving $2.4 billion in Foreign Military Financing (FMF). The agreement calls
for incremental annual increases in FMF to Israel, reaching $3.1 billion a year by
FY2018.

Foreign Military Financing (FMF)

Overview. Congress has taken measures to strengthen Israel’s security and
maintain its “qualitative military edge” over neighboring militaries. Annual Foreign
Military Financing (FMF) grants to Israel represent over 20% of the overall Israeli
defense budget, and FMF levels are expected to increase incrementally from a
baseline of $2.4 billion in FY2008 to approximately $3.1 billion over the next several
fiscal years.

Early Transfer.
Congress has mandated that Israel receive its FMF aid in a

lump sum during the first month of the fiscal year. Once disbursed, Israel’s military
aid is transferred to an interest bearing account with the Federal Reserve Bank. Israel
has used interest collected on its military aid to pay down its debt (non-guaranteed)
to the United States, which, according to the U.S. Treasury Department, stood at $1.2
billion as of December 2005.4 Israel cannot use accrued interest for defense
procurement inside Israel.

FMF for in-Country Purchase.

Most analysts consider Israel’s ability to use

a significant portion of its annual military aid for procurement spending in Israel to
be a valuable aspect of its assistance package; no other recipient of U.S. military
assistance has been granted this benefit.5 The proceeds to Israeli defense firms from
purchases with U.S. funds have allowed the Israeli defense industry to achieve
necessary economies of scale and produce highly sophisticated equipment for niche
markets. Defense experts note that high annual amounts of U.S. military assistance
force private and semi-private Israeli defense companies to place a greater business

emphasis on exports, since a large portion of Israeli government weapons
procurement is spent on American equipment. According to Beth McCormick, acting
director of the U.S. Defense Technology Security Administration, Israeli
manufacturers must sell as much as 75% of their output abroad to stay profitable, a
far higher share than U.S. military contractors.​
6 Successive Administrations and
many lawmakers believe that a strong domestic Israeli defense industry is crucial to
maintaining Israel’s technological edge over its neighbors. Israel is among the
world’s leading arms exporters. In 2006, it was the 9th leading supplier of arms
worldwide.

Since FY1988, the FMF procurement earmark for purchases within Israel has
been incorporated into annual foreign assistance legislation. Currently, approximately
one quarter of Israel’s FMF funds may be used for domestic defense purchases
($631.2 million in FY2008). As U.S. military aid to Israel has increased, the amount
set aside for defense purchases in Israel also has increased.​

Forum List

Back