Obama: "You didn't get there on your own". He's right!!!

Just one example of the "help" a business gets:

Most businesses have an alarm system. Yep. So when they go home at night, no one breaks in and steals their product. They buy that alarm from a private company.

The local govt funds a police force that responds to that alarm, so that owner wont get his shit stolen. AND, they are willing to respond on behalf of the alarm company, allowing that alarm company to sell their alarms.

It's a great big successful cooperation, and happens all over our society.
Never heard of Pinkerton or Wells Fargo, have you, comrade?

Because they're the norm, right? Most police forces in the US are privately owned, right?

Any other irrelevent point you wish to make?

Most businesses have an alarm system. Yep. So when they go home at night, no one breaks in and steals their product. They buy that alarm from a private company.

The local govt funds a police force that responds to that alarm, so that owner wont get his shit stolen. AND, they are willing to respond on behalf of the alarm company, allowing that alarm company to sell their alarms.

Because they're the norm, right? Most police forces in the US are privately owned, right?

They're the norm for people who are interested in proactively keeping their businesses and property secure.

All gubmint cops do is come in after the fact, to investigate the scene of the already committed crime.

Now, I believe you were sputtering something about irrelevance?

Doesn't matter.

Private agents/investigators/security personnel aren't funded by taxpayers and you're still a fucking imbecile.

And they have absolutely ZERO law enforcement power. They cannot take one single person to jail, cannot enforce one single law. They can, however, jiggle door handles, blow a whistle, and call 911 if the shit hits the fans.

You didn't respond to the fact that govt cops respond to robberies and alarms at Wells Fargo banks??? Because their mall cops can't do shit if that happens. They aren't cops.

They're the norm for people who are interested in proactively keeping their businesses and property secure.

All gubmint cops do is come in after the fact, to investigate the scene of the already committed crime.

Well.......would you support funding enough cops so that they would immediately be on scene to any crime? That'd require a LOT of cops. And a lot of tax money.

Business PAYS for that service by way of taxes. Not only do businesses pay property taxes to the city AND county for their building, they also pay personal property taxes to the city AND county for every stapler and pencil used in their business as well as paying business taxes to the city AND county on a percentage of their sales. Then they get to be responsible for and collect sales taxes for the city, county and state, employment taxes, collect FICA , Medicare and federal with holding. Local government might fund the police force, but business funds the government.

Business PAYS for that service by way of taxes. Not only do businesses pay property taxes to the city AND county for their building, they also pay personal property taxes to the city AND county for every stapler and pencil used in their business as well as paying business taxes to the city AND county on a percentage of their sales. Then they get to be responsible for and collect sales taxes for the city, county and state, employment taxes, collect FICA , Medicare and federal with holding. Local government might fund the police force, but business funds the government.

Yes, they do. They can thank the Founding Fathers for that.

Lots of people pay into the pot that funds local government. OH, guess who else? Every single cop, fireman, teacher and road worker in that city.......also pay taxes just like you and me, and they all pitch in their taxes to that pot too.

Some of ya'll act like govt workers dont pay taxes. WE ALL PAY TAXES.

The police also prevent crime by proactive patrolling streets and areas. You have no idea how many crimes they prevent because there is no way of measuring the stat.

Police and security guards have different roles in society, even if they are similar. Just because you're a gym teacher at Jefferson High, doesn't mean you're Kobe Bryant...

Im so sick of this extreme right bullshit. Either they truly think they got all their success without ANY help or aid from anyone at all, or they're fucking idiots. I wont waste time listing all the people and programs this nation provides to aid a person in their path to success. Thats common sense.

What I will comment on is this:

If the right wing GOP is saying Obama is wrong, that a person DOES in fact get there on their own, and needs NO ONE to help them.............then why the fuck is the GOP trying so hard to convince people and businesses how much we really need THEM?????

Exactly. Everyone has help. No one starts up a business without taking out a loan to fund that business. They have help from the bank to get them started. No one does it all on their own.

Im so sick of this extreme right bullshit. Either they truly think they got all their success without ANY help or aid from anyone at all, or they're fucking idiots. I wont waste time listing all the people and programs this nation provides to aid a person in their path to success. Thats common sense.

If the right wing GOP is saying Obama is wrong, that a person DOES in fact get there on their own, and needs NO ONE to help them.............then why the fuck is the GOP trying so hard to convince people and businesses how much we really need THEM?????

Exactly. Everyone has help. No one starts up a business without taking out a loan to fund that business. They have help from the bank to get them started. No one does it all on their own.
Bullshit....I started my business operations with nothing more than accumulated cash on hand.

Conversely, no money to pay bureaucrats is to be had without profits be looted from successful business operators.

Bullshit....I started my business operations with nothing more than accumulated cash on hand.

Conversely, no money to pay bureaucrats is to be had without profits be looted from successful business operators.

Same here. We sold some personal possessions to add to our savings to open our business.

Yes, they do. They can thank the Founding Fathers for that.

Lots of people pay into the pot that funds local government. OH, guess who else? Every single cop, fireman, teacher and road worker in that city.......also pay taxes just like you and me, and they all pitch in their taxes to that pot too.

Some of ya'll act like govt workers dont pay taxes. WE ALL PAY TAXES.

Yes, we all pay taxes but as a business owner, I pay more into the system. Where the cop, the teacher and the fireman pay once, I pay three times. So don't sit there and tell me that I was "given" something by government.

Forum List

Back