Obama: Wright flap has 'shaken me up'

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama told CNN on Wednesday the recent uproar over his former pastor's sermons has reminded him of the odds he faces in winning the White House.

"In some ways, this controversy has actually shaken me up a little bit and gotten me back into remembering that the odds of me getting elected have always been lower than some of the other conventional candidates," the Illinois senator told CNN's Anderson Cooper in an exclusive one-on-one interview.

Obama declined to speculate on whether the controversy surrounding the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermons may damage him politically, but said his campaign does best when it doesn't follow the "textbook."

"If I was just running the textbook campaign -- doing the conventional thing -- I probably wasn't going to win because Sen. [Hillary] Clinton was going to be much more capable of doing that than I would be," he said. "We had tremendous success, and I think we were starting to get a little comfortable and conventional right before Texas and Ohio."

The exclusive interview came one day after Obama delivered a speech on race and politics in Philadelphia, during which he denounced some of Wright's comments, but said he could not repudiate the man himself.

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother. These people are a part of me. And they are a part of America, this country that I love," Obama said in the speech.

more ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/19/obama.interview/index.html

He's "shaken up." The play for sympathy.

How 'bout the days he was in church?

Considering only one instance of him saying "god damn America" has shown up, and considering how badly the right and Clinton campaigns are out to get him, I'm pretty sure Wright didn't say "God damn America" when Obama was in Church.

Considering only one instance of him saying "god damn America" has shown up, and considering how badly the right and Clinton campaigns are out to get him, I'm pretty sure Wright didn't say "God damn America" when Obama was in Church.

How about spending twenty years in a church listening to a preacher spew what Obama's own aides have refered to as 'Inflamatory Rhetoric." Doesn't show good judgement, does it.

You know, President Bush used to play golf with Ken Lay, but I guess guilt by assocation only applys if you are a Republican.

How about spending twenty years in a church listening to a preacher spew what Obama's own aides have refered to as 'Inflamatory Rhetoric." Doesn't show good judgement, does it.

1) He said some inflammatory things. Any evidence all/most/the majority of things he said over that 20 years was inflammatory?

2) What exactly about it is bad judgement? That he didn't guess that he would run for president some day and that it would become an issue?

You know, President Bush used to play golf with Ken Lay, but I guess guilt by assocation only applys if you are a Republican.

I don't care if Bush was bff was Lay, I care if political favors were passed through.

1) He said some inflammatory things. Any evidence all/most/the majority of things he said over that 20 years was inflammatory?

2) What exactly about it is bad judgement? That he didn't guess that he would run for president some day and that it would become an issue?

I don't care if Bush was bff was Lay, I care if political favors were passed through.

So Obama won't pass politcal favors to his "mentor?"

Obama had tapes of previous sermons for the purpose of learning the mans style. So even more than 20 years applies. And you can not sell the idea successfully to anyone but leftwing nuts that Obama just happened to never be around when the Pastor made similar remarks.

Further Obama considers hima close personal friend, how many of your close personal friends JUST happen to be racist and you don't know it?

And ya the speech above is clearly him playing the race card. "boo hoo hoo, poor me, I am gonna lose cause I am black"

Obama had tapes of previous sermons for the purpose of learning the mans style. So even more than 20 years applies. And you can not sell the idea successfully to anyone but leftwing nuts that Obama just happened to never be around when the Pastor made similar remarks.

Further Obama considers hima close personal friend, how many of your close personal friends JUST happen to be racist and you don't know it?

And ya the speech above is clearly him playing the race card. "boo hoo hoo, poor me, I am gonna lose cause I am black"

exactly

Umm I have no idea.

Damn right you don't. It is poor judgement to know that you entering politcs, yet sit in the congregation of a pastor that is blatantly racist. Why is it that he is just now dissavowing his remarks? Because he agrees and is only dissavowing to get elected. I simply won't stand for a President that who's mentor says things like "God Damn America." Only in America can you invoke God to Damn the place that allows you to damn it in the first place.

I can't see why anyone stands beside Obama after this. This is a man he claims has been a major influence in his life. He considers this man a mentor.

You don't make those claims if you don't agree with someone.

I'm sorry, but anyone who supports Barack after this needs to get the fuck out of this country.

Forum List

Back