Obama Won't Fight For Gay Marriage His Second Term

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Barack Obama isn’t exactly famous for his loyalty; he has a history of jettisoning people once they’ve outlived their usefulness to him. This time, it’s the gay community.

On Friday, Obama told an MTV audience that he would not fight for gay marriage his second term, intoning that “it would be up to future generations of Americans to implement meaningful reform.”

Here’s the kicker; realizing that some states are now endorsing gay marriage, Obama suddenly became a champion of states’ rights, asserting, “For us to try to legislate federally into this area is probably the wrong way to go.”

Obama Won't Fight For Gay Marriage His Second Term

Laughing at liberals all the way! :lol::lol:

Geez, isn't it enough that he thinks same sex couples should be able to be married...does he actually have to go beyond the thinking part and fight battles on their behalf??:dunno:

:D

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff? Where did you hear anyone say "Obama is going to pursue gay marriage in his second term"? At the most, it was and has always been all about the supreme court.

You do know liberal supreme court justices tend to tell the states to "go fuck themselves" in favor of federal power.

Of course that doesnt apply to the right to bear arms, which is actually in the consitution.

Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff? Where did you hear anyone say "Obama is going to pursue gay marriage in his second term"? At the most, it was and has always been all about the supreme court.

You do know liberal supreme court justices tend to tell the states to "go fuck themselves" in favor of federal power.

Of course that doesnt apply to the right to bear arms, which is actually in the consitution.

I do know that.

I believe the hope is that in 4 years, the court will be in the position to rule in favor of gay marriage under the equal protection clause.

I do know that.

I believe the hope is that in 4 years, the court will be in the position to rule in favor of gay marriage under the equal protection clause.

Oh, god, not that again. Where does equal protection end? If you carry that clause to its extreme I should be able to abort a baby I made because denying me that right denies me equal protection. Or at least I should be spared from paternity.

Geez, isn't it enough that he thinks same sex couples should be able to be married...does he actually have to go beyond the thinking part and fight battles on their behalf??:dunno:

No, he doesn't. It is enough that he has ordered his Justice Dept not to defend DOMA. The SCOTUS will decide this as they have on past civil rights issues.

No, he doesn't. It is enough that he has ordered his Justice Dept not to defend DOMA. The SCOTUS will decide this as they have on past civil rights issues.

He has spoken...let it be done.:lol:

Forum List

Back