Obama Won't Extend Bush Tax Cuts Again: Pledge To House Dems

i wouldn't worry.

he's not much on keeping pledges.

True. I suspect he even struggles with the one that starts "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....."

Stop being dumb fucktard, he's done more for this country that your pathetic ass. What a hater you are.

They are still smarting from Obama giving the okay to kill OBL. While GW was "not concerned" about him.

True. I suspect he even struggles with the one that starts "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America....."

Stop being dumb fucktard, he's done more for this country that your pathetic ass. What a hater you are.

They are still smarting from Obama giving the okay to kill OBL. While GW was "not concerned" about him.

You still don't get it. OBL isn't going to matter this next election. It's the economy stupid. You honestly think people who are strapped for cash are going to appreciate that the President is promising to raise their taxes?

Obama Won't Extend Bush Tax Cuts Again: Pledge To House Dems

The President responded by saying it was vital to have revenues as part of the mix, stressing that a budget can't be balanced on non-defense discretionary spending or the "backs of the most vulnerable." Obama added, according to the member, that, "he would not support extending the Bush tax cuts for the top two percent again no matter what hostages Republicans took."

That line in the sand was greeted warmly by attendees, many of whom were disillusioned with the administration's decision to cut a deal with congressional Republicans in December 2010 that allowed all of the Bush tax cuts to continue.

The politics now are notably different. As pressure has mounted for lawmakers to make major cuts, both to discretionary spending and entitlement programs, Democrats have turned to raising revenues as a partial budget substitute. As a Democratic source briefed on Thursday's meeting relayed, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was adamant that the party not cut Medicare benefits. A recent upset victory in New York's 26th district has seemingly provided the party with the type of template to win the tax-and-spend debate.

The stakes are high, watch the Repugs crumble and shake.

He is 100% correct that raising taxes must be part of the equation, but the simple fact is that just raising them on the top 2% will not be close to enough. His support of ending the Bush tax cuts should be across the board. We all need to pay for this.

Here is the funny argument. When Bush pushed through the tax cuts, Dems screamed that the rich got the biggest benefit. Now if we end the Bush tax cuts across the board, I'm sure Dems will scream that the rich are getting the smallest increase while the middle class is getting soaked. You can't have it both ways. Bottom line is that everyone's rates need to go up a little, and the rate on capital gains should be raised also. Long term gains should go back to 28%, at least until we can find a good balance between reducing spending and bringing in enough revenue to cover our bills.

You still don't get it. OBL isn't going to matter this next election. It's the economy stupid. You honestly think people who are strapped for cash are going to appreciate that the President is promising to raise their taxes?

Nobody will like it, but if it is put out there with the absolute need being explained properly, I don't think it would effect him as much at the polls as you think.

Nobody will like it, but if it is put out there with the absolute need being explained properly, I don't think it would effect him as much at the polls as you think.

No. I think the overall poor policy choices he has been making will effect him at the polls. This is just one of many poor choices.

It's the spending cuts we need. There is no reason Congress can't balance a budget this year.

There is no "Absolute need" to raise taxes. The opposite in fact. Raising taxes will give incentive to lawmakers to postpone difficult cuts because they'll have breathing room and the crisis will be gone.
Tax increases never result in balanced budgets. Look at CA, MI, NJ, CT etc etc.

I have news for the dummies who are still sitting around in the dark like mushrooms growing on shit fed to them.. Americans are sick of "raising taxes" only to see all their hard earned money pissed away.. why do you think there is a T E A party to begin with?

To any one who wants to raise my taxes: I already give the government more than they need to do their job. If you think they need extra, write them a check but leave me the hell alone!

There is no "Absolute need" to raise taxes. The opposite in fact. Raising taxes will give incentive to lawmakers to postpone difficult cuts because they'll have breathing room and the crisis will be gone.
Tax increases never result in balanced budgets. Look at CA, MI, NJ, CT etc etc.

The absolute need is to audit, and cut spending... not to raise taxes... the more taxes increase, the more government expands and spends... that must be wrangled in FIRST

Forum List

Back