Obama won now what?

(1) Raise the Income Rates:
The fiscal cliff will be avoided in what one will call a compromise. I think the $250K> will get the increase, capital gains will be increased and there will be some spending cuts, but nowhere close to a balanced budget.

(2) Drown in Regulation:
The biggest disadvantage America has now is not labor costs it's the stiffling regulations that life blood of outsource. Obama has already proven that he and his cronies support the regulate to the death policy. He will continue it and the manufacturing reboom that should have already started is not going to take place!!!

(3) The EPA strikes with vicious force:
Call it the Huricane Sandy Effect. Stop global warming or climate change will be the push. Off shore oil will be expensive and slow down rapidly. The War on Coal will intensify and fracking will become the new environmentalist crusade, with the ultra-powerful EPA leading the charge.

(4) Full Amnesty to All Illegals:
Obama swung the swing states by pandering to Latinos and other groups (VA, OH, CO, FL). States the used to be red are now blue (NM, NV) because of the pandering to the SINGLE-ISSUE hispanic vote. He knows he can take swing states out of play and even try to erode more red states (GA, NC, SC, AZ, and yes even TX)!

Expect 11-15 mil amnesty card handed out via and executive order. Aka the current executive order Dream Act.

(5) Bankrupt Health Insurance Industry:
Obamacare was NOT about fixing the healthcare industry, it's about BANKRUPTING the insurance industry to create a situation where nationalizing the healthcare industry into a single payor program is the ONLY solution. Think about it. Cost are going to be enormous on the health insurers. The BS that the huge lose they will take on insuring sick people and insuring them at the same cost as everyone else WILL NOT be offset by the vast amount of healthy people requiring insurance. The biggest issue with Romneycare is the free-riders. Healthy people who just pay the tax penalty and get insurance when they need it and drop it when they don't. In 2014 the penalty is $95, in 2016 it's just $695! Those fines aren't scaring a sole! In fact, they get waived for the poor (or a good chunk of the uninsured now). However, insurance is going to increase ENORMOUSLY for everyone. More and more people will opt out and more companies will do the same and pay the fine!

In the end, insurance co's will go under through design and for better or worse we'll have a piece-meal government run health insurance plan.

(6) Workforce Participation will dip below 60%!!!
Don't believe the BULL SHIT unemployment rate. It has dropped because more people have dropped out of the work force. Right now we're at HISTORIC lows for work force participation and it is decreasing every month. It's going to drop below 60% and that is a scary thought.

(7) America Invades Israel:
Many cheerish this thought and many pray for it, but most American are disgusted by this thought. Israel is going to strike Iran soon, Iran will launch paper-dragon missile assault that does little, but the real reaction that causes Obama to blink is Hamas and Hezbollah attacking on Iran orders. Israel doesn't fight with it's hands behind it back in Lebanon this time around as it did in the last war. No more leftlets, no more out-limiting striking targets because they barbaric terrorists station and launch missiles from apartment buildings, school yards or mosque. This is Bibi, he will hit them hard and swiftly. Obama will condemn the loss of civilian lives louder than any President in history and ignore Israel's right to defend itself. Then Hamas attacks. Israel launches Cast Lead II and this time they are determined to take Hamas completely out. Obama screams loud, but this time reacts. He sends American "Peace Keeping" troops into Israel. Israel afraid of open confrontation with America, allows it!

(8) Record increase in Entitlements (Welfare, Food Stamps, Section 8, SS Disability) and Dependency on the government! The Democratic way is to buy votes and redistribute the wealth.

Remember where you were and what you did when Rome Fell!!! When Rome fell the last time, the Dark Ages began and there was no safe place left in the world!

Last edited:
I'm of the mind that the less the government does the less it can fuck up.

I'd rather have a gridlocked divided congress than one that can shove any bill they want up our asses sans lube.

Gridlock is the best we can hope for.

How's that supposed to help the country? All that strategy will get us is a House reversal in '14, IMO. The American people are getting tired of that BS and they said so last night.

No they didn't. What was said was that people were fine with the status quo. The American people voted for more of the same.

Obama won he was not my choice bit no gripes or complaints here congrats to him. So we have democrat president a republican house and a democrat senate so my question is what happens now in terms of dealing withe problems we face as a nation? We have the same democrat leadership that would not work with republicans for the first two years of obamas term and the same republican leadership who would not work with democrats for the last two years this looks like four more years of broken gridlocked government to me. Anyone see it different?

Urge you senators and representatives to work with the president.

Otherwise, yes, it will be the same.. Until 2014.

I've already called mine this morning and told them that the Bush tax cuts need to expire for ALL. It's time for you to pick up your share of the load.

Congrats to Blackhawk, you're the first on the right I've seen to congratulate the President. (Well besides Gov. Romney). I predict mostly gridlock but, I hope I'm wrong and that the men and women we elected can finally sit down and come to some agreements and compromises for the good of all.

A certain amount of gridlock is good IMO.

As a conservative I nearly always have to vote Republican, but all too often simply because it represents the lesser of two evils. And if you keep in mind we're in the mess we are - messes, actually - because of presidents and congresses representing both parties over a lot of years, decades, you realize neither party has had the good of the country as their main objective. Rather I'd say all too often job number one was looking out for number one, self-preservation above all else. Next, probably party interests, perhaps regional interests too sometimes, other objectives of varying natures, and, finally, the good old U.S.of A. as sort of an afterthought.

So, yeah, I'll take some good old-fashioned gridlock now and then if it'll keep folks in the District of Criminals from doing our country any more harm.

Obama won he was not my choice bit no gripes or complaints here congrats to him. So we have democrat president a republican house and a democrat senate so my question is what happens now in terms of dealing withe problems we face as a nation? We have the same democrat leadership that would not work with republicans for the first two years of obamas term and the same republican leadership who would not work with democrats for the last two years this looks like four more years of broken gridlocked government to me. Anyone see it different?

Just remember that has to be a two way street Obama has to be willing to work across the aisle as well something he has not shown he's willing to do so far.

Bullshit, he's bent over backwards so far, he pissed off his own supporters, as the righties liked to point out so often during the campaign. :cuckoo:

Since they have nothing to lose maybe, just maybe the administration will start telling the truth about the economy and foreign policy and other issues that they had been hiding and it's just possible that the main stream media will start doing it's job instead of spending it's time defending Hussein and Hillary.

Just remember that has to be a two way street Obama has to be willing to work across the aisle as well something he has not shown he's willing to do so far.

Bullshit, he's bent over backwards so far, he pissed off his own supporters, as the righties liked to point out so often during the campaign. :cuckoo:

Name one thing he bent over backwards for in dealing with the republicans ? The only te he pissed off his on party was over healthcare with the blue dogs and in the end they fell in line and gave him 99 percent of what he wanted take off the partisan blinders.

(1) Raise the Income Rates:
The fiscal cliff will be avoided in what one will call a compromise. I think the $250K> will get the increase, capital gains will be increased and there will be some spending cuts, but nowhere close to a balanced budget.

(2) Drown in Regulation:
The biggest disadvantage America has now is not labor costs it's the stiffling regulations that life blood of outsource. Obama has already proven that he and his cronies support the regulate to the death policy. He will continue it and the manufacturing reboom that should have already started is not going to take place!!!

(3) The EPA strikes with vicious force:
Call it the Huricane Sandy Effect. Stop global warming or climate change will be the push. Off shore oil will be expensive and slow down rapidly. The War on Coal will intensify and fracking will become the new environmentalist crusade, with the ultra-powerful EPA leading the charge.

(4) Full Amnesty to All Illegals:
Obama swung the swing states by pandering to Latinos and other groups (VA, OH, CO, FL). States the used to be red are now blue (NM, NV) because of the pandering to the SINGLE-ISSUE hispanic vote. He knows he can take swing states out of play and even try to erode more red states (GA, NC, SC, AZ, and yes even TX)!

Expect 11-15 mil amnesty card handed out via and executive order. Aka the current executive order Dream Act.

(5) Bankrupt Health Insurance Industry:
Obamacare was NOT about fixing the healthcare industry, it's about BANKRUPTING the insurance industry to create a situation where nationalizing the healthcare industry into a single payor program is the ONLY solution. Think about it. Cost are going to be enormous on the health insurers. The BS that the huge lose they will take on insuring sick people and insuring them at the same cost as everyone else WILL NOT be offset by the vast amount of healthy people requiring insurance. The biggest issue with Romneycare is the free-riders. Healthy people who just pay the tax penalty and get insurance when they need it and drop it when they don't. In 2014 the penalty is $95, in 2016 it's just $695! Those fines aren't scaring a sole! In fact, they get waived for the poor (or a good chunk of the uninsured now). However, insurance is going to increase ENORMOUSLY for everyone. More and more people will opt out and more companies will do the same and pay the fine!

In the end, insurance co's will go under through design and for better or worse we'll have a piece-meal government run health insurance plan.

(6) Workforce Participation will dip below 60%!!!
Don't believe the BULL SHIT unemployment rate. It has dropped because more people have dropped out of the work force. Right now we're at HISTORIC lows for work force participation and it is decreasing every month. It's going to drop below 60% and that is a scary thought.

(7) America Invades Israel:
Many cheerish this thought and many pray for it, but most American are disgusted by this thought. Israel is going to strike Iran soon, Iran will launch paper-dragon missile assault that does little, but the real reaction that causes Obama to blink is Hamas and Hezbollah attacking on Iran orders. Israel doesn't fight with it's hands behind it back in Lebanon this time around as it did in the last war. No more leftlets, no more out-limiting striking targets because they barbaric terrorists station and launch missiles from apartment buildings, school yards or mosque. This is Bibi, he will hit them hard and swiftly. Obama will condemn the loss of civilian lives louder than any President in history and ignore Israel's right to defend itself. Then Hamas attacks. Israel launches Cast Lead II and this time they are determined to take Hamas completely out. Obama screams loud, but this time reacts. He sends American "Peace Keeping" troops into Israel. Israel afraid of open confrontation with America, allows it!

(8) Record increase in Entitlements (Welfare, Food Stamps, Section 8, SS Disability) and Dependency on the government! The Democratic way is to buy votes and redistribute the wealth.

Remember where you were and what you did when Rome Fell!!! When Rome fell the last time, the Dark Ages began and there was no safe place left in the world!

Now what you ask?

Well for you...I'll assume this was your last post on this site?

I think that everyone is wrong about gridlock:

This is the first election that was split - the Dems won the Presidency, but the Rebug won the House. In the recent past, during presidential election, one party has won both the Presidency and the house.

This means that there were an awful lot of Americans that voted for Obama AND voted for a Republican for their local Congressman.

Now, it seems that it's doubtful that these people would vote for Obama AND vote for a TEA Party Republican Congressman. (Unless there are a whole lot of People who WANT gridlock - and I doubt that).

The only logical conclusion is that they voted for MODERATE Republican Congressman.

Now, while these moderate Republican Congressman may be a minority in the Republican caucus, they are the ones that give the balance of power to the Republican caucus.

These moderate Republican Congressman cannot both maintain absolute lockstep with the rest of the Republican caucus AND represent their constituents. They are going to have to choose one or the other - otherwise they'll lose in the next election.

So there's a very good chance that there will be some amount of moderate Republicans in the house who will be willing to compromise with the Democrats.

These moderate Republicans will hold the key to balance of power between the two parties.

If I were Obama I would negotiate with them and ignore the rest of the Republican caucus.

(and if they weren't willing to compromise, I'd make sure that their constituents knew about it!)

Anyone who thinks there will be any real bi partisan work done in Washington over the next four year's should read Bob Woodward"s The Price of Politics it's not a pretty picture of either side.

Forum List

Back