Obama Won. Now What Will You Do?

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
If your answer is “not much,” then the election was peripheral. It really did not matter.

My suggestion: never take seriously the pre-election hype in any future election. Don’t watch the polls; watch Intrade betting. Don’t post comments on Facebook except to show your amusement at all the hype.

On the other hand, if your plan now is to prepare for a collapse, then you were right to be concerned. You are now going to put your money – most of your liquid capital – where your mouth was. You are consistent.

If you are somewhere in the middle, you are like the polls: “within the statistical margin of error.”

I will make no changes in my life based on Obama’s victory. That is because he is boxed in.The House is solidly Republican. The Senate Democrats cannot get a 60-vote majority to shut off a filibuster.

Washington is headed for gridlock. This is good. This is not a dysfunctional government. A dysfunctional government passes lots of laws. The laws are almost always bad laws. Then the federal bureaucracy interprets and implements these laws in the Federal Register. What little that might have been good gets bad. A gridlocked government is the best we can hope for. That was true last year, too. It was true in 1955. It was true especially in 1913.

If my assessment is accurate, then the election of 2012 was not “the election of the last century.” The election of 1964 was important, and it was a rout for Goldwater. The most important election since 1896 was in 1904. Who can recall the name of the Democrat who lost – the last “Clevelandite,” meaning the end of the Old Democracy? That defeat changed America as no election ever since did. That election gave us Wilson, Roosevelt, and Johnson.

The day after a Presidential election is like the day after the Superbowl. The hype is over. Life goes on as before for most people.

My suggestion: start making major changes in your life’s plan. Make them in terms of reality: the unfunded present value of future federal liabilities: $222 trillion.

Obama Won. Now What Will You Do? by Gary North

start making major changes in your life’s plan. Make them in terms of reality: the unfunded present value of future federal liabilities: $222 trillion.

Few Americans can really prepare for the kind of disaster you believe is coming Beretta.

If the disaster I suspect you think is coming happens one really has to be very wealthy to get of harms way.

Basically you've got two strategies

1. Get you and your assets out of the AMERICA, or

2. Be prepared for the anarchy that will happen when the government melts down.

That is what you think, right?

That is what you are telling people to prepare for, right?

I actually think there is no really truly good plan if that happens.

Because if the American system melts down I doubt there's many other nations that are going to be safe havens, either.

And if ANARCHY becomes the new American reality, well...caches of guns and gold are going to TARGETS as much as they're going to give anybody safety.

And let us face this harsh reality too.

Anarchy does not last very long.

What follows a period of anarchy is completely repressive militaristic government.

So even if you surive the period of anarchy, unless YOU are one of the military war lords servants, you are going to be one of its slaves.

Last edited:
I've already started. Everyone wants to help major employers that will provide 1,000 or more jobs move offshore, but few are interested in the much smaller potatoes of helping small business and light industry move out of the country. That's a vast and underserved community. But, equally welcome elsewhere. America may not want those small employers who may have 200 or fewer employees but they are more than welcome elsewhere.

Personally, I'm disappointed by the closing of my art school, but the master artist is married to a doctor so I understand their return to China. Medical care is transitioning to privatization there even as we move further into the communist model. They left for the opportunities in America and are returning because that opportunity is gone. I'm disappointed in my own doctor's decision to make his leave from his medical practice permanent but I understand that too.

In the next four years, you will not recognize this country. It will quickly become a nation of predator and prey.

• Banned
start making major changes in your life’s plan. Make them in terms of reality: the unfunded present value of future federal liabilities: $222 trillion.

Few Americans can really prepare for the kind of disaster you believe is coming Beretta.

If the disaster I suspect you think is coming happens one really has to be very wealthy to get of harms way.

Basically you've got two strategies

1. Get you and your assets out of the AMERICA, or

2. Be prepared for the anarchy that will happen when the government melts down.

That is what you think, right?

That is what you are telling people to prepare for, right?

Hey brain surgeon, you do realize that I didn't write the article and as such just because I posted it for conversational reasons it doesn't mean these are my personal views in totality.

Forum List

Back