Obama wins! Suprising.....except if you know math

pjnlsn

Nov 7, 2012
Obama was reelected, which for a person who watches too much of the talking heads on tv, would be surprising, except if you know math.

Despite the media making the election out to be a neck and neck race, coming down the last second, they tend to actually be quite predictable (especially national races).

A man called Nate Silver has developed a statistical method to predict the outcomes of elections, based on poll data and some other things, continuously updated. Since July, his method shows a win by Obama as likely (~65%), and it also correctly chose most of the state elections this year, and presidential and state last year as well. There's a lot of other people who do similar analyses, with similar results, and some say that Silver's stuff is more complicated than it needs to be, but he's the most well known. I can't post links....or apparently, even suggest another site, but one can google for him.

Forgive me if this seems a bit...irrelevant...for a first post, but I think it's important to realize that these much hyped elections can usually be known beforehand.

Anyway, glad Obama won :D Or would win, as it were.

Last edited:
Obama was reelected, which for a person who watches too much of the talking heads on tv, would be surprising, except if you know math.

Despite the media making the election out to be a neck and neck race, coming down the last second, they tend to actually be quite predictable (especially national races).

A man called Nate Silver has developed a statistical method to predict the outcomes of elections, based on poll data and some other things, continuously updated. Since July, his method shows a win by Obama as likely (~65%), and it also correctly chose most of the state elections this year, and presidential and state last year as well. There's a lot of other people who do similar analyses, with similar results, and some say that Silver's stuff is more complicated than it needs to be, but he's the most well known. I can't post links....or apparently, even suggest another site, but one can google for him.

Forgive me if this seems a bit...irrelevant...for a first post, but I think it's important to realize that these much hyped elections can usually be known beforehand.

In an earlier post, I said that I had voted for Romney but I was certain that Obama would win.

You're right, it's all about the math.

And no one knows more about the math than the Obama campaign team.

In an earlier post, I said that I had voted for Romney but I was certain that Obama would win.

And no one knows more about the math than the Obama campaign team.[/QUOTE]

except when its past 7th grade comprehension

You support the losing candidate and fuck up the quotes in your post.

You look like an idiot.

FAIL.

Now TN, they won this election rather handily. So if the Obama campaign staff is only capable of 7th grade math, from the results it follows that the Romney staff was only capable of 3rd grade math.

You support the losing candidate and fuck up the quotes in your post.

You look like an idiot.

FAIL.

Got me.. Now i'm sad. Good post likesnut

Now TN, they won this election rather handily. So if the Obama campaign staff is only capable of 7th grade math, from the results it follows that the Romney staff was only capable of 3rd grade math.

Lol. Touche. It is just what obama said. Thought I would make a joke out of it

Forum List

Back