Obama wins Smith Dinner Joke-Off

They were BOTH funny.

It was just a different kind of funny. One, that appeal to laughing at others, and one that appeals to laughing at self.

They were BOTH funny.

It was just a different kind of funny. One, that appeal to laughing at others, and one that appeals to laughing at self.

False. Partisan, hackish and expected of you, but still: just false. Here's the truth to offset the nasty stench of your partisan hack crap:

Both of them made self-deprecating jokes.

Obama just had an unfair advantage. Much more source material.

They were BOTH funny.

False. Partisan, hackish and expected of you, but still: just false. Here's the truth to offset the nasty stench of your partisan hack crap:

And both made little jibe jokes too. But you know as well as I, Romney spent the better part roasting, Obama spent more time roasting himself.

Given the Rethuglicans on this board, It's no surprise that they enjoy mean spirited petty things.

Romney's jokes seemed to mostly be stuff from his stump speech just with a bigger smile but all the nastiness.

Romney was definitely on his home court with the audience though. He could have easily used one of Bush's jokes from a few years ago, "This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base".
Good thing you lolberals aren't bitter and covetous, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Covetous? Let me ask you this. If there was a $100 bill laying on the ground would I pick it up. Sure I would. If there was a $100 bill laying on a counter and the owner had his back to me and I could take the bill and it was guaranteed that the owner would ever know who took it would I take it? No. Neither would probably any one of the 'covetous' liberals on this board. Now I have a question for you. If there was a homeless guy with $100 would you take his $100 even if he knew you took it?

The difference is a Conservative would give the homeless guy $$$ out of his pocket, a Liberal would run to the government to demand the government give the guy some $$$.

They were BOTH funny.

And both made little jibe jokes too. But you know as well as I, Romney spent the better part roasting, Obama spent more time roasting himself.

Given the Rethuglicans on this board, It's no surprise that they enjoy mean spirited petty things.

I know that BOTH got in their swings. I know that BOTH got in their moments of self-deprecating humor. And my response to YOUR post was to note it to correct your prior erroneous claim. I see I persuaded even you to be honest about it now.

It's a start.

The Dims on this Board certainly enjoy thuggish mean spirited and truth-be-damned jibes. This explains why you applaud the assclown behavior of Plugs Biden at the VP Debate and why you only object to Mitt's use of jibes.

You hack lib Dims are pretty consistently dishonest and myopic like that.

I know that BOTH got in their swings. I know that BOTH got in their moments of self-deprecating humor. And my response to YOUR post was to note it to correct your prior erroneous claim. I see I persuaded even you to be honest about it now.

It's a start.

The Dims on this Board certainly enjoy thuggish mean spirited and truth-be-damned jibes. This explains why you applaud the assclown behavior of Plugs Biden at the VP Debate and why you only object to Mitt's use of jibes.

I don't mind a few jibes at all. In fact, it's a comedy benefit dinner. It's almost entirely irrelevant. But if you're going to sit there and try and pretend that Romney wasn't way more snarky, you're clearly sniffing glue.

I don't really care. I thought they were both funny. I don't NEED there to be a winner in this thing. I only noted the two different styles, and you, as a mouth breathing Romneyite can't help but try and spin it.

God, how the world laughs at America: Half the population is retarded. (queue the yeah, Dems ar retarded hurr hurr hurr rebuttal.)

It's a start.

I don't mind a few jibes at all. In fact, it's a comedy benefit dinner. It's almost entirely irrelevant. But if you're going to sit there and try and pretend that Romney wasn't way more snarky, you're clearly sniffing glue.

I don't really care. I thought they were both funny. I don't NEED there to be a winner in this thing. I only noted the two different styles, and you, as a mouth breathing Romneyite can't help but try and spin it.

God, how the world laughs at America: Half the population is retarded. (queue the yeah, Dems ar retarded hurr hurr hurr rebuttal.)

Mitt wasn't more snarky. No glue involved. Your lack of honesty and objectivity, though, is noted. But your idiot incumbent DID use a bit more self deprecating humor.

And again, that is perfectly appropriate. The guy IS a self deprecating joke.

Are you crazy....
Romney was tremendous.
Had had a bunch of great lines and the crowd loved him.....

Obama was OK at best and maybe had 2 good lines.

Geez we can't even agree on a dinner roast so to speak.
I laughed at Obama's jokes but thought Romney was very funny.
You lefties can't put the hate away for one night.
And you guys wonder why this country is more divided then ever under
this administration.

Forum List

Back