Obama wins Smith Dinner Joke-Off

He's coined a new term on the stump today -- Romesia.

Lucky for Mitt, Obamacare covers preexisting conditions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ6wF7PTyEY]Mitt Romney: "I stand by what I said, whatever it was." - YouTube[/ame]

bg101912dAPR20121019024513.jpg

Great line about his middle name...

He's got great writers.

And he's a brilliant speaker.

What was Romney even thinking? Probably scared of Hilary 2016.

Mitt was stiff and unfunny. Obama proved why he will be our President for another 4 years, because people like him...

President Barack Obama Jokes and One Liners at Al Smith Dinner with Mitt Romney - YouTube

Funny you think that since most of the Comentators, and Press today are agreeing Romney had more Funny Lines, and seemed more comfortable. People even saying Obama looked again like he didn't really want to be there.

must be fun going through life with Obama loving Blinders on.

Romney died, stiff and unfunny.

Very angry and snarky.

IOW, Mitt being Mitt.

And, nobody gets away with making fun of the man who would be king.

I fully expect him to be even nastier and a lot more rude on Monday than last Tuesday.

Mitt was stiff and unfunny. Obama proved why he will be our President for another 4 years, because people like him...

President Barack Obama Jokes and One Liners at Al Smith Dinner with Mitt Romney - YouTube

You know....and I didn't go through all the pages, so someone may have already said this....but....

Who cares? I'm so sick of everything being microanalyzed, parsed and spun to match a certain perspective. I mean, we're scoring a comedic performance now?

I can't wait till 11/6

Great line about his middle name...

He's got great writers.

And he's a brilliant speaker.

What was Romney even thinking? Probably scared of Hilary 2016.

:clap2: I guess that means you think Romney is gonna win! You finally came to your senses! :D

Romnesia is Fing brilliant! Way to define such a jerk Obama campaign!

After I heard that, I sent a undisclosed amount of money to the Obama campaign!

Romnesia is Fing brilliant! Way to define such a jerk Obama campaign!

After I heard that, I sent a undisclosed amount of money to the Obama campaign!

You've inspired me to do the same.

I know on Wednesday, after the debate, they broke all records for campaign contributions, but I need to step up to the plate and support the great leader that is our President.

Romney's jokes seemed to mostly be stuff from his stump speech just with a bigger smile but all the nastiness.

Romney was definitely on his home court with the audience though. He could have easily used one of Bush's jokes from a few years ago, "This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base".

I was thinking it was more like Mittens was using all the one liners he had ready for the 2nd debate that he didn't get to use.

And yeah................I thought the same thing as well, because Mittens did sound like he was doing one of his stump speeches.

However..............on professionally written jokes that SHOULD have been funny, the Mitt-wit's delivery was totally off, which is why many of the jokes fell flat.

Humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Both had some good lines and, of course, everyone thinks their guy is funnier because of the content of the jokes. I do have to mention that Obama did not seem to enjoy listening to jokes about him. In the spirit of roasting, he could have at least pretended to take it in stride. Mr. Thrill-up-his-leg sat there with a sour look on his face while Romney spoke, which I found very unprofessional. Okay, I didn't expect any less from him as it would be too much to expect all to put their guard down and laugh at themselves. Shame that some are unable, or unwilling, to even try to chill out.

Romney's jokes seemed to mostly be stuff from his stump speech just with a bigger smile but all the nastiness.

Romney was definitely on his home court with the audience though. He could have easily used one of Bush's jokes from a few years ago, "This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base".

I was thinking it was more like Mittens was using all the one liners he had ready for the 2nd debate that he didn't get to use.

And yeah................I thought the same thing as well, because Mittens did sound like he was doing one of his stump speeches.

However..............on professionally written jokes that SHOULD have been funny, the Mitt-wit's delivery was totally off, which is why many of the jokes fell flat.

It is NOT Mittens. It is Governor Mitt Romney.

Leftists always cry about respect but never give it.

It is NOT Mittens. It is Governor Mitt Romney.

Leftists always cry about respect but never give it.

Actually, his first name is Willard (like the giant rat), not Mitt.

hazelmutt got it completely wrong. He is consistent like that.

Mitt was by far the funnier of the two. Much better delivery.

Pres. Obama, as usual, was pretty stiff. His writers had enough sense to insert lots of self deprecating humor though. A nice touch.

The Al Smith roast has ZERO to do with the election, but if it did, you could start calling him President Romney NOW.

Forum List

Back