Obama Wins Iraqi War

Sorry I was so harsh, but the terrible debacle in Iraq really gets me worked up. The deaths, the suffering.

Another thread and someone just posted the Shiites have made a "Sunni" ban as far as political candidates.

To think that there is much more freedom there is just wrong. If women can't leave home without a male relative, then, right there, half the population is captive.

Gays are being murdered. Another 3%.

The original Christian population was est to be 1.4 million, the current est is 0.4 million. Another couple of percent.

Keep adding up the percentages and how is Iraq more "free"?

Of course Republicans are going to insist they did a "good" thing. They got rid of an evil dictator. But everything that came next is worse. How could Bush not know the difference between Sunni and Shiite, or McCain? If you are going to invade a country, some things have to happen. You have to KNOW they are an immediate threat and you have to KNOW everything you can about that country. Anything else is arrogance and delusion.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/iraq/...back-to-dark-times-w-sunni-candidate-ban.html

Lawless Somalia remained the world's most corrupt country, followed by Afghanistan, Myanmar, Sudan and Iraq, Transparency International said in its annual Corruption Perception Index .

Afghanistan, Iraq Among Most Corrupt - CBS News

After the American revolution the alien and sedition acts were passed which did violate the rights of a lot of American people. Are you going to say because of this that the American revolution was a failure?

This seems to be the logic you apply to Iraq. It was ruled by a tyrant where the people live under his thumb. Now they have a democratic government where they can decide for themselves about what laws to live under and even if those laws are still f'ed they are still deciding what those laws are through their democratic government. This is an option they did not have under Saddam Husseign.
We did the right thing!

And one of the most important things we achieved, was to make sure that Saddam's sons, who were even crazier than his sadistic ass, will never take power.

I know what you are saying but if I were president and I knew that Iraq was going to be hard as it was and their would be no WMDs found I would not have ordered the invasion. It would not have been worth it.

I do believe that a democratic Iraq will be beneificial to the region in the long run and not having Saddam their does remove one more threat to us in that region. Its really hard for me to say what benefit it has at this point. We will wait and see though.

Last edited:
After the American revolution the alien and sedition acts were passed which did violate the rights of a lot of American people. Are you going to say because of this that the American revolution was a failure?

This seems to be the logic you apply to Iraq. It was ruled by a tyrant where the people live under his thumb. Now they have a democratic government where they can decide for themselves about what laws to live under and even if those laws are still f'ed they are still deciding what those laws are through their democratic government. This is an option they did not have under Saddam Husseign.
We did the right thing!

And one of the most important things we achieved, was to make sure that Saddam's sons, who were even crazier than his sadistic ass, will never take power.

I know what you are saying but if I were president and I knew that Iraq was going to be hard as it was and their would be no WMDs found I would not have ordered the invasion. It would not have been worth it.

I do believe that a democratic Iraq will be beneificial to the region in the long run and not having Saddam their does remove one more threat to us in that region. Its really hard for me to say what benefit it has at this point. We will wait and see though.

You all have made some great points. I would add that most of the changes have been in place for three years or better. Time to leave.

We did the right thing!

it is not going to be democratic in a couple years when iran annexs it

LOL.....dork

History shows that Bush had five years to a war that he downplayed the difficulty. Declaring victory after a month and that the liberated Iraqis would treat US soldiers as liberators.

Bush got himself into a situation he could not handle and left it for Obama to eventually win

History will show that candidate Obama tried to lose a war that was won, and he will be a laughing stock throughout history for it.

Trying to claim he had anything to do with 'winning it' is like saying Harry truman won WWII.

It was? What did we win?

And he was RIGHT. It didn't work. It stopped some violence for a short amount of time. Don't you read anything? Iraq is a mess.

Women can't go into public without a male relative
Gays are murdered (still think Republicans like that)
The Christian population from 1.4 million to 0.4 million
Bombs every day
A guy who threw a shoe at our president gets a monument and become a national hero
Islam is the national religion
All legislation is based on Islam
And we have to rebuild their country based on Republican contracts and treaties

WHERE IS THE SUCCESS????????????
Typical liberal drivel.

Too stupid to be taken seriously!

If Iraq is a mess, then why is messiah jr. claiming otherwise, and trying to take credit for it?

LMAO!

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

are you going to refute any of his points? I thought you wuld care about the christian genocide that we watched over

Genocide? Really?
I mean it's not the safest place for a christian to be, but Genocide?

"Since 2003, the year when Saddam Hussein fell, at least 1,960 Christians have been killed in Iraq"
IRAQ Mosul: Christian merchant killed as "ethnic cleansing" continues - Asia News

Forum List

Back