Obama willing to go "more than half-way" on Florida and Michigan

What is your position on them?

I've never considered it to be honest.

But off the top of my head, I'm going to have to cop-out and say that they should use their best judgement and do what they think is best, individually.

I've never considered it to be honest.

But off the top of my head, I'm going to have to cop-out and say that they should use their best judgement and do what they think is best, individually.

I could swear you made a case that they should do what the voters in their districts decided.

Obama can't debate his way out of a paper bag.

I really hate that stuff... you disagree with someone so you can't acknowledge anything good about them. Obama's a great orator. You can dislike him all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the man is magnificent on his feet.

Now, I can tell you McCain deserves props for his service and for being one of the few repubs to depoliticize climate change.

I really hate that stuff... you disagree with someone so you can't acknowledge anything good about them. Obama's a great orator. You can dislike him all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the man is magnificent on his feet.

Now, I can tell you McCain deserves props for his service and for being one of the few repubs to depoliticize climate change.

No, you're right, I give Obama major credit on his oratory skills. He has a silver tongue like no other. But when it comes to being knocked off your feet on a difficult question, he's terrible. I remember his deer in headlights look when the open question was asked about what he and Hillary thought about Medvedev, and his eyes grew real big and he just turned and looked at Hillary. After she finished speaking, he repeated what she said and thought he looked smart.

Then why are you blaming the party and not the states?

Why should the voters pay for the boneheaded choices of the state Democrats? :rolleyes: Which of course brings the discussion full circle to the DNC rules. :eusa_doh:

Why should the voters pay for the boneheaded choices of the state Democrats? :rolleyes: Which of course brings the discussion full circle to the DNC rules. :eusa_doh:

Actually that would be boneheaded choices of the state Republicans who have power in Florida. But if you aren't being partisan about it, it would be phrased as, why do voters have to deal with boneheaded choices of their elected representatives. Because we live in a Republic, and thats how our system works.

Actually that would be boneheaded choices of the state Republicans who have power in Florida. But if you aren't being partisan about it, it would be phrased as, why do voters have to deal with boneheaded choices of their elected representatives. Because we live in a Republic, and thats how our system works.

Ok, I'll bite. What do the Republicans have to do with the Democrats rules in the states?

Ok, I'll bite. What do the Republicans have to do with the Democrats rules in the states?

Kathianne, it wasn't just the Democrats who pushed their primary forward. The entire Florida legistlature voted on the measure. That's why Republicans also lost some of their delegates from Florida.

Some Florida Democrats claimed they took steps to fix this error and to make a case for their delegates to count, but all the measures they tried to pass were turned down due to a Republican majority in Florida.

Kathianne, it wasn't just the Democrats who pushed their primary forward. The entire Florida legistlature voted on the measure. That's why Republicans also lost some of their delegates from Florida.

Some Florida Democrats claimed they took steps to fix this error and to make a case for their delegates to count, but all the measures they tried to pass were turned down due to a Republican majority in Florida.

Okay, explain the Republican side of it, I didn't know. Are they excluding the votes for McCain? Are they looking to count the votes? 1/2? 3/5?

Okay, explain the Republican side of it, I didn't know. Are they excluding the votes for McCain? Are they looking to count the votes? 1/2? 3/5?

The GOP is seating half of their delegates in Florida and Michigan. They only punished their party 50% for moving the primaries forward.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-10-22-gop-delegates_N.htm

The reason I'm so adamant about Florida and Michigan counting is because it will ultimately decide the outcome of this race. If Obama was so far ahead that they wouldn't matter at all, I'd say screw it. But the fact is, no one thought disqualifying these delegates would make a difference. Well, it does make a difference, and if we don't count them, voters in these states (and other supporters of Clinton) will claim they were screwed out of their nominee. It won't just be voters from these two states that vote McCain out of spite, it will be voters nationwide.

They aren't Democratic rules. The state decides when the primary is. Not the state DNC, the state of Florida, Michigan, etc, etc.

Forum List

Back