Obama willing to go "more than half-way" on Florida and Michigan

you realize that YOU are taking the exact stance of katherine harris in the 2000 election, the position of the republicans at the time, and the OPPOSITE POSITION and stance of the democratic party, which said that as long as the citizen;s vote could be discerned, it should be COUNTED......?

You are realize that was for GOVERNMENT OFFICE, and this is not, correct?

Which is why she said

Right?

Sure, lets stick to the rules. So Obama gets 0 delegates, and so does Hillary, and Hillary can have all 0 of Obamas delegates. Cheers.

NOPE, the rules ALWAYS had provisions that could seat the delegates.....like this may 31st meeting scheduled that begins the vetting of such....!!! ;)

no need for the DNC to have in their rules that candidates lose their delegates if they campaigned there....if the delegates never had a chance of being seated.....LOGIC tells us that.....!

care

NOPE, the rules ALWAYS had provisions that could seat the delegates.....like this may 31st meeting scheduled that begins the vetting of such....!!! ;)

Of course they have provisions to change it if necessary. But surely even a Hillaryphile like you recognizes the danger of changing the way you count the votes AFTER the votes have already been cast, yes?

no need for the DNC to have in their rules that candidates lose their delegates if they campaigned there....if the delegates never had a chance of being seated.....LOGIC tells us that.....!

care

Quote where it says in the rules that candidates lose their delegates in they campaigned there.

who cares if this is a primary? IT IS THE GIST OF DEMOCRACY!

Spare me the hysterics.

You should care that its a primary. Its a different standard than a general election, and the DNC should have complete control over the process of how they pick a DEMOCRATIC nominee.

I don't hear you bitching that you don't get to choose a Libertarian candidate. Or Green Party. How about those folks who are disenfranchised? Where's the "gist of democracy" for them?

The party gets to decide who their nominee is. They've allowed voters to have a say. The DNC is a PRIVATE organization.

Of course they have provisions to change it if necessary. But surely even a Hillaryphile like you recognizes the danger of changing the way you count the votes AFTER the votes have already been cast, yes?

There are no rules on how to count the votes that have changed midstream...they counted the voted according to Florida Law....NOTHING WAS CHANGED MIDSTREAM? The Primary in florida and the Election in Florida were held and counted according to Florida Law, just as all other states counted their votes according to their law.

Quote where it says in the rules that candidates lose their delegates in they campaigned there.

This is Jeepers link from a while back of the Hill....

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/florida-dems-defy-dean-on-primary-date-2007-06-12.html

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) said yesterday that if the party follows through on its threats, it would effectively throw Florida, which is crucial in electoral terms, to the Republicans.

The senators warned Dean to avoid the “perception” that the national party is silencing Florida voters by enforcing the Democrats’ strict proscriptions against states that jump ahead.

As things stand, any Democratic candidate who campaigns in Florida, will have his or her delegates divided among candidates who refrain from venturing into the forbidden territory.

Thus the candidates are forced to choose whether they must ignore a motherlode of delegates that could win them the presidential nomination.

Spare me the hysterics.

no hysterics here, just stating facts.

You should care that its a primary. Its a different standard than a general election, and the DNC should have complete control over the process of how they pick a DEMOCRATIC nominee.

I don't hear you bitching that you don't get to choose a Libertarian candidate. Or Green Party. How about those folks who are disenfranchised? Where's the "gist of democracy" for them?

I am a member of the Democratic Party, I have every right to speak out on how the Democratic Party handles their primary for my choice of President of the United States....

Can the democratic party tell me what to do in this democracy, sure they can try to be elitists, but i can kick their asses out too and these loons that messed this up, and especially Howard Dean for not taking leadership, need to be booted out on their asses...they have ruined and divided the Party because of their lack of concern for the citizen vote and their lack of leadership in handling this whole matter.

The party gets to decide who their nominee is. They've allowed voters to have a say. The DNC is a PRIVATE organization.

Bullcrud. I'd like to see the Democratic Party try to put a person as the nominee for president on the ballot that never had been elected by the people and just chosen by the 30 on a commitee in this day and age....there could be some lynchings.... :eusa_think:

WHY was it in the rules that the candidates would be punished if they advertised or campaigned there if the delegates were not going to be seated, at least by the convention? Seems contradictory?

care

Care, from your post:

As things stand, any Democratic candidate who campaigns in Florida, will have his or her delegates divided among candidates who refrain from venturing into the forbidden territory.

Would that also include talking to the press, I wonder. Because, IMO, that's campaigning.

So we are back to the question...why did the DNC bend its own rules to benefit Obama?

There are no rules on how to count the votes that have changed midstream...they counted the voted according to Florida Law....NOTHING WAS CHANGED MIDSTREAM? The Primary in florida and the Election in Florida were held and counted according to Florida Law, just as all other states counted their votes according to their law.

Saying they won't count before the vote is taken, and then saying it will count once hillary is losing is changing the vote midstream.

And whats forbidden territory?

I am a member of the Democratic Party, I have every right to speak out on how the Democratic Party handles their primary for my choice of President of the United States....

Then why are you blaming the party and not the states?

Can the democratic party tell me what to do in this democracy, sure they can try to be elitists, but i can kick their asses out too and these loons that messed this up, and especially Howard Dean for not taking leadership, need to be booted out on their asses.

Oh? And how are you going to kick out the DNC leadership?

they have ruined and divided the Party because of their lack of concern for the citizen vote and their lack of leadership in handling this whole matter.

Then give me a real plasuble solution.

The four state rotation is nonsense. New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina etc al, will never stand for it. They will just keep moving their dates earlier. How do you get them to comply if you can't threaten them?

This has effectively made the DNC powerless to the will of the states, and you've been complicit in this debacle.

Bullcrud. I'd like to see the Democratic Party try to put a person as the nominee for president on the ballot that never had been elected by the people and just chosen by the 30 on a commitee in this day and age....there could be some lynchings....

Wait...you mean unelected superdelegates who might over-ride the majority of pledged delegates?

Wheres your outrage over that? Oh wait, its going to benefit Hillary. Right...

WHY was it in the rules that the candidates would be pounished if they advertised or campaigned there if the delegates were not going to be seated, at least by the convention? Seems contradictory?

Probably because the rules were formed piecemeal.

"...So we are back to the question...why did the DNC bend its own rules to benefit Obama?..."

I am having a dejavu moment here.. this could hardly be considered a campaign moment....it was no more a campaign event than hillary landing in bosnia was a dangerous event...

Thats why the DNC did not repremand Obama...

"...So we are back to the question...why did the DNC bend its own rules to benefit Obama?..."

I am having a dejavu moment here.. this could hardly be considered a campaign moment....it was no more a campaign event than hillary landing in bosnia was a dangerous event...

Thats why the DNC did not repremand Obama...

I don't believe you. He clearly crossed the street and talked to the press. If it were a Republican you'd be up his ass in a heartbeat, I'm guessing.

The Dems once again have ruined their chances at the presidency.

I don't believe you. He clearly crossed the street and talked to the press. If it were a Republican you'd be up his ass in a heartbeat, I'm guessing.

The Dems once again have ruined their chances at the presidency.

Ummm no... that was a non event... You know that and the DNC confirmed it...z

Ummm no... that was a non event... You know that and the DNC confirmed it...z

No, I don't know that, and if they did...how is that not bending the rule?

I'd like to think Obama can win in the general but I really can't see how because of things like this. Not even mentioning McCain.

Lets hope Howard gets his head out of his tush and figures out a way to un-piss off Hillary supporters.

I'd like to think Obama can win in the general but I really can't see how because of things like this. Not even mentioning McCain.

Lets hope Howard gets his head out of his tush and figures out a way to un-piss off Hillary supporters.

Oh ye of little faith. You're pissed off and you still say you'll vote for Obama over McCain. Assuming you're being honest, why don't you think others will do the same?

Umm I'd be more concerned about Hill ruining her own political career... I used to be a supporter.. now I will never vote for her.. I just wish I can get back the money I gave her early on...

Oh ye of little faith. You're pissed off and you still say you'll vote for Obama over McCain. Assuming you're being honest, why don't you think others will do the same?

You're forgetting I'm an agenda ho, lol.

And you're assuming that all Hillary supporters think like me. A lot of them are moderates that think McCain is a-okay. And a lot of them are indies.

You're forgetting I'm an agenda ho, lol.

And you're assuming that all Hillary supporters think like me. A lot of them are moderates that think McCain is a-okay. And a lot of them are indies.

Just wait until Obama hands McCain his wrinkley old ass in debate. That'll win back more than enough IMO.

Umm I'd be more concerned about Hill ruining her own political career... I used to be a supporter.. now I will never vote for her.. I just wish I can get back the money I gave her early on...

Regardless of what you think of her, and regardless if she ruins her career, Dean has a problem he needs to solve.

It really is the voters that matter, not the candidates.

The one's you switched position on? I've always believed they should pick the candidate they think can beat the Republican, and I still do.

I switched position on???

I have no idea what you're talking about...honestly.

Forum List

Back