Obama willing to go "more than half-way" on Florida and Michigan

Um.. when was this supposed campaign in Florida.... Cause I only saw hill campaign for the two days preceding the primary...
according to their pledges to the 4 early states, no campaigning with the public and no campaign ads were to be run in florida, BUT CAMPAIGN FUNDRAISERS were PERMITTED.

Hillary DID NOT CHEAT or break the rules, HOWEVER Obama did jeepers, by running campaign ads there prior to the primary.

Obama ALSO had FUND raisers there, in fact he was at one of his own fund raiser when he went outside and spoke to the press.

care

Thats nice. I wouldn't support it if it was Obama doing it either.

Link to the decision?

12 of the 30 members were active Clinton supporters. Terry McAuliffe strongly supported not counting MI or FL.

I'm talking about the national DNC.

Its always been back and forth. He's been the front runner for some time, but people didn't start saying he really won until North Carolina. Bloggers were saying that, but it wasn't picked up in the MSM.

just one thing, could you please supply the link to this statement of yours, maybe i missed it?:

12 of the 30 members were active Clinton supporters. Terry McAuliffe strongly supported not counting MI or FL.

care

Thats nice. I wouldn't support it if it was Obama doing it either.

And, to my dismay, I WOULD support it, either way. The voters in Florida and Michigan deserve to have their voice heard.

Link to the decision?

This is the best I could find. I'll find a better explanation later:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/25/politics/main3204004.shtml

Fourth paragraph from the bottom.

What's your point?

I'm talking about the national DNC.

Clinton NEVER campaigned to keep these votes from counting. She simply said she would abide by the rule if everyone else did. She changed her mind. Sue her.

Its always been back and forth. He's been the front runner for some time, but people didn't start saying he really won until North Carolina. Bloggers were saying that, but it wasn't picked up in the MSM.

We'll agree to disagree. The media has been declaring him the winner for a very long time.

according to their pledges to the 4 early states, no campaigning with the public and no campaign ads were to be run in florida, BUT CAMPAIGN FUNDRAISERS were PERMITTED.

Hillary DID NOT CHEAT or break the rules, HOWEVER Obama did jeepers, by running campaign ads there prior to the primary.

Obama ALSO had FUND raisers there, in fact he was at one of his own fund raiser when he went outside and spoke to the press.

care
Umm yeah.. that footage I saw of those "wink wink" fundraising events of hills where some ten thousand people attended...

Again.. repeat after me... OBAMAS ADS WERE RUN NATIONALY....maybe if Hill had the money she could have afforded some NATIONAL airtime....

Obamas speaking to the press was NOT a planed event and was NOT a press conference. Rumor had it he was going to plan one but with the snipers planted in the orange groves it would have been way to dangerous....

One more thing....please post where the DNC repremanded Obama for violating the rules...

This is the best I could find. I'll find a better explanation later:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/25/politics/main3204004.shtml

Fourth paragraph from the bottom.

So they said there would be no sanctions and then Obama broke the rule? Seems that he shouldn't be sanctioned then.

What's your point?

That Clinton had a hand in it. Read the Slate article I posted before.

Clinton NEVER campaigned to keep these votes from counting. She simply said she would abide by the rule if everyone else did. She changed her mind. Sue her.

She changed her mind when it became politically expedient to do so. So spare me the holier than thou bullshit about respecting voters rights.

Um.. when was this supposed campaign in Florida.... Cause I only saw hill campaign for the two days preceding the primary...

Wow, that's pretty cool that you saw something that didn't exist. She attended two private fundraisers, something that was clearly defined in their agreement not to campaign. Obama aired television ads in Florida, which was clearly defined as being in VIOLATION of the agreement.

She changed her mind when it became politically expedient to do so. So spare me the holier than thou bullshit about respecting voters rights.

I never gave any holier than thou bullshit. It's the Obama camp that makes him seem untouchable. The truth is, and we all know it, if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be doing the same thing.

Frankly, I don't see why it was ever an issue. The Democrats of Florida are being held accountable for the actions of Republicans in Florida. Why the votes were never supposed to count in the first place boggles my mind.

the link on #15 said nothing regarding terry mcC or the 12 out of 30 being clinton supporters?????????????

a link to your statement regarding that, is what i asked for....the link on that post was about how to seat michigan....?

care

the link on #15 said nothing regarding terry mcC or the 12 out of 30 being clinton supporters?????????????

a link to your statement regarding that, is what i asked for....the link on that post was about how to seat michigan....?

care

Please don't make me do your work for you. There were 2 links on that post.

Here is the text...again.

It was a different story in October. Back then, Clinton was far and away the national front-runner—by some 20 points in a number of polls. With much less at stake in the matter, she told a New Hampshire public-radio audience, "It's clear, this election [Michigan is] having is not going to count for anything." Clinton was unwilling to take her name off the Michigan primary ballot, as Obama and her other significant rivals did, but like them she agreed not to campaign in Michigan or in Florida before their primaries.

On Aug. 25, when the DNC's rules panel declared Florida's primary date out of order, it agreed by a near-unanimous majority to exceed the 50 percent penalty called for under party rules. Instead, the group stripped Florida of all 210 delegates to underscore its displeasure with Florida's defiance and to discourage other states from following suit. In doing so, the DNC essentially committed itself, for fairness' sake, to strip the similarly defiant Michigan of all 156 of its delegates three months later. Clinton held tremendous potential leverage over this decision, and not only because she was then widely judged the likely nominee. Of the committee's 30 members, a near-majority of 12 were Clinton supporters. All of them—most notably strategist Harold Ickes—voted for Florida's full disenfranchisement. (The only dissenting vote was cast by a Tallahassee, Fla., city commissioner who supported Obama.)

I never gave any holier than thou bullshit. It's the Obama camp that makes him seem untouchable. The truth is, and we all know it, if the shoe were on the other foot, he'd be doing the same thing.

Frankly, I don't see why it was ever an issue. The Democrats of Florida are being held accountable for the actions of Republicans in Florida. Why the votes were never supposed to count in the first place boggles my mind.

Actually it would be the people of Florida who are held accountable for the actions of their elected representatives. Thats how it usually works in a Republic.

Umm yeah.. that footage I saw of those "wink wink" fundraising events of hills where some ten thousand people attended...

Those 10,000 people paid upwards of around $2,000 to attend those events, too.

Larkinn, in regards to the committee, 12 out of 30 is not a majority. Even if the 12 Clinton supporters voted against the measure, it would not have been enough.

Actually it would be the people of Florida who are held accountable for the actions of their elected representatives. Thats how it usually works in a Republic.

Are you suggesting that Democrats in Florida elected the Republican officials? That's like telling me I'm responsible for Bush's bullshit. Give me a fucking break.

So they said there would be no sanctions and then Obama broke the rule? Seems that he shouldn't be sanctioned then.

That Clinton had a hand in it. Read the Slate article I posted before.

now YOU are making up stuff, she never changed her mind, she was always behind seating the delegates from these states.

she deserves all of obama delegates in florida for obama BREAKING THE RULES by campaigning there with a national ad plan, and IF these national ads ran in michigan, he should forfeit those delegates to hillary according to the rule also....

THOSE WERE THE RULES.....not changing anything midstream....

i'd say, hillary is in the LEAD if they followed the damn rules.....!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!:rofl:

but obama's the little darling, and of course he will probably get away with the cheating....

guess you have nothing to say on that, huh?

care

Larkinn, in regards to the committee, 12 out of 30 is not a majority. Even if the 12 Clinton supporters voted against the measure, it would not have been enough.

Yeah, but they didn't. They supported it, and so did she. Those were only her direct backers. You know damn well she could have changed it if she had wanted too.

Are you suggesting that Democrats in Florida elected the Republican officials? That's like telling me I'm responsible for Bush's bullshit. Give me a fucking break.

You aren't responsible for it, but you have to deal with it, like it or not. You having to deal with Bush doesn't mean you were disenfranchised.

JIMINNEE CHRISTMAS ALMIGHTY jeepers, FUND RAISERS were permitted and in their pledges as being permitted....

stop deflecting!

OBAMA had fumdraisers THERE IN FLORIDA ALSO.......

sheesh....no need to make up lies or rules that were never in place, fund raisers were ALWAYS permitted!

campaigning in the public and running campaign ads were not.

care

Wow, that's pretty cool that you saw something that didn't exist. She attended two private fundraisers, something that was clearly defined in their agreement not to campaign. Obama aired television ads in Florida, which was clearly defined as being in VIOLATION of the agreement.
LOL.. two private fundraisers in auditoriums packed with thousands of signwaiving hill fans.. I wonder how many of these people actually gave money...
If Obamas ad was in violation please post where the DNC repremanded him...

btw... "...But Obama's campaign spokesman Bill Burton disputes the pledge was broken. He said the campaign asked CNN and MSNBC to pull Florida from the ad buy, but the networks said they could not..."

Maybe this is why she did so well in florida... well that and maybe educated voters stayed home because when someone says it dont count, they may actually comprehend that it dont count...

"AFSCME, the nation's largest public employee and health care workers union, is campaigning on behalf of Sen. Hillary Clinton in the state of Florida, even as the Senator herself has pledged not to do so.
The union has sent two mailers to an estimated 50,000 to 75,000 people, touting Clinton and urging its members and retirees to vote for her in the January 29 primary. One piece of literature proclaims Clinton a "seasoned fighter" who "knows how to win."
"AFSCME recommends Hillary Clinton for President," the mailer reads. "Hillary Clinton earned AFSCME's support after a rigorous ten month endorsement process. Our members endorsed Hillary because she will change the direction of our country

now YOU are making up stuff, she never changed her mind, she was always behind seating the delegates from these states.

Which is why she said

It's clear, this election [Michigan is] having is not going to count for anything.

Right?

she deserves all of obama delegates in florida for obama BREAKING THE RULES by campaigning there with a national ad plan, and IF these national ads ran in michigan, he should forfeit those delegates to hillary according to the rule also....

THOSE WERE THE RULES.....not changing anything midstream....

i'd say, hillary is in the LEAD if they followed the damn rules.....!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!:rofl:

but obama's the little darling, and of course he will probably get away with the cheating....

guess you have nothing to say on that, huh?

care

Sure, lets stick to the rules. So Obama gets 0 delegates, and so does Hillary, and Hillary can have all 0 of Obamas delegates. Cheers.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how is 12 a near majority of 30?

Also, if it doesn't matter that Obama broke his pledge to not talk to the press, why does it matter that these people changed their minds?

Yeah, but they didn't. They supported it, and so did she. Those were only her direct backers. You know damn well she could have changed it if she had wanted too.

You aren't responsible for it, but you have to deal with it, like it or not. You having to deal with Bush doesn't mean you were disenfranchised.

you realize that YOU are taking the exact stance of katherine harris in the 2000 election, the position of the republicans at the time, and the OPPOSITE POSITION and stance of the democratic party, which said that as long as the citizen;s vote could be discerned, it should be COUNTED......?

Forum List

Back