Obama will win Ohio

Yep.

This was actually pretty much decided by the Supreme Court. That story, right there in the link, is probably the most important thing to happen this week related to the election.
no sure about that. if so certain why is romney team still sending millions of dollors in ads down in ohio. still a neck and neck state in my eyes

Because they have to win there. It's the same reason McCain wasted so much time and effort on Pennsylvania in 2008. Every year there's a must win state, and this year it is Ohio. If Romney pulls out of there he may as well give a concession speech now.

You always fight the battles you have to win in politics, even when you know you are probably going to lose. Giving up those battles just guarantees you will lose while fighting means you still have a shot.

Yep.

This was actually pretty much decided by the Supreme Court. That story, right there in the link, is probably the most important thing to happen this week related to the election.
no sure about that. if so certain why is romney team still sending millions of dollors in ads down in ohio. still a neck and neck state in my eyes

Because they have to win there. It's the same reason McCain wasted so much time and effort on Pennsylvania in 2008. Every year there's a must win state, and this year it is Ohio. If Romney pulls out of there he may as well give a concession speech now.

You always fight the battles you have to win in politics, even when you know you are probably going to lose. Giving up those battles just guarantees you will lose while fighting means you still have a shot.
well i hope your right as polls show it as toss up according to things like rcp.

you do get feeing whoever wins ohio wins the election though

Your response is a bizarre word-salad of phrases without meaning. The only thing you're even with is lack of meds.

The Thank You was for making my point again. Minus any substance to refute the messenger's facts, people like you will typically sling mud to try to discredit the messenger.

Too bad for you: the ad hom attacks will never do anything to change the following facts:

This November, much of the Ohio electorate will cast its ballots on machines again owned by close cronies of the Republican presidential candidate.[...]

Ohio's very Republican Secretary of State is John Husted, currently [at the time this article was written] suing in the US Supreme Court to prevent the public from voting on the weekend prior to election day [He lost the suit and the effort to appeal.]. As did Blackwell and Governor Robert Taft in 2004, Husted and Kasich will control Ohio's electronic vote count on election night free of meaningful public checks or balances [...]

The last time similarly glaring conflicts of interest were in place, a virtual statistical impossibility happened: namely the shift of more than 300,000 votes after 12:20 am the morning after election night in 2004.

Who was it that said (paraphrasing), "Those who haven't learned from the past are doomed to repeat it."?

Last edited:
well i hope your right as polls show it as toss up according to things like rcp.

It isn't. Romney tightened it up, but he didn't pull ahead. There was as much pressure on Romney to follow up that first debate as there was on Obama to improve. Obama improved, and with that evaporated Romney's Momentum. Unless he can pull off some other game changer, he's going to stay down in the polls. Close, but down.

For the record, that has always been Romney's problem. He has these really awesome moments where you say, "I think that guy can win" followed by nothing. Just nothing. And like that he goes back to being a contender, not a winner. That's what happened over and over in the primaries.

Romney pretty much only won the nomination because everyone else ran out of money. A Rick Santorum funded at Romney's levels would have wiped out Romney fairly early on. Now he's facing an equally well financed opponent, he's in real trouble.

It isn't. Romney tightened it up, but he didn't pull ahead. There was as much pressure on Romney to follow up that first debate as there was on Obama to improve. Obama improved, and with that evaporated Romney's Momentum. Unless he can pull off some other game changer, he's going to stay down in the polls. Close, but down.

For the record, that has always been Romney's problem. He has these really awesome moments where you say, "I think that guy can win" followed by nothing. Just nothing. And like that he goes back to being a contender, not a winner. That's what happened over and over in the primaries.

Romney pretty much only won the nomination because everyone else ran out of money. A Rick Santorum funded at Romney's levels would have wiped out Romney fairly early on. Now he's facing an equally well financed opponent, he's in real trouble.
well not sure that true. he was only 10 million pounds behind obama in fundrasing in septemeber

also although obama has a edge their places it still close and he must fight for every person their. also worried paper report that romney can do without ohio, if he wins nev, iowa and nh in the swing states

i just hate seeing him behind in all national pool. he behind in gallup, rcp,new raumsem poll where he 2%.

someone wrote in wall street journal also worrying that two things. no president won relection with approval ratings below 50% and no one won when their opponent has 50% or more at mid october in election which romney has.

not feeing as confident as you man. he still in the fight but for me he the underdog and he need another good debate like tuesday to stay in the hunt/

It isn't confidence, it's math. The national polls mean nothing. Only the Electoral College matters and since the beginning Obama has been winning that. He is still winning that. He is going to win that come a few weeks from now unless Romney manages a game change soon.

It isn't confidence, it's math. The national polls mean nothing. Only the Electoral College matters and since the beginning Obama has been winning that. He is still winning that. He is going to win that come a few weeks from now unless Romney manages a game change soon.
well your right that he could lose the poplur vote but win the electioal collage which really mattaers.

it just that when you see national poll and thing like washington post saying romney winning white vote by record numbers it worries me man

but look he does have sight edge in college but it won,t take a lot to go in romney favour. he need so mo in next few weeks and a lot be helped by good thrid debate peformance. massive night .

Sorry Dr T, but you're full of Obamaloney. What we have here is a a case of "garbage in, garbage out". All of the polls use the 2008 voter turnout models (except Rasmussen who uses a blend of 2004 and 2008). 2008 was a once in a lifetime event where Democrats had a +7 advantage over Republicans. Obama "Hope-a-Doped" a lot of people with his soaring rhetoric and vague promises. That shit is over bub, he has a record now. He's a failure and voters are going to throw him out with the trash.

well it is true 2008 was a amazing turn out by dems. i just hope they can get enough out to vote obama. but it be harder.. gop are hungury to win this one and defeat the president.

Forget it. This guy is in the tank for romney. He fooled me at first but now I see what his game is. Dont waste anymore time on him

Forget it. This guy is in the tank for romney. He fooled me at first but now I see what his game is. Dont waste anymore time on him
i am no way in the tank for romney. just because i have doubt does not mean i want romney to win ok.

I want obama i just have more doubts that all.

So i say on my own life that i want obama to win this election. I am a liberal and their no way i ever support a conservative

that is a fact

i am no way in the tank for romney. just because i have doubt does not mean i want romney to win ok.

So i say on my own life that i want obama to win this election. I am a liberal and their no way i ever support a conservative

that is a fact
a3ca5e.jpg

that is a fact
Bullshit. You had me fooled at first but I see that all you are doing is trying to bring down Dem enthusiasm. All you do is say how Obama is behind and how Obama is losing and its not true. Do some damn research

Latest Presidential Polls: Obama Holds insurmountable Lead in the Electoral College

obama didn't stop Romney's momentum. That's why Romney has pulled ahead of the margin of error. What obama did was stop his base from bellyaching. Once the base got thrown a bone, they were freed up to approach the election with their normal group think and imagine that obama has broken Romney's momentum. Among liberals, Romney never had momentum. Liberals were losing confidence in obama. That confidence has been restored, but it has nothing to do with the general public.

that is a fact
Bullshit. You had me fooled at first but I see that all you are doing is trying to bring down Dem enthusiasm. All you do is say how Obama is behind and how Obama is losing and its not true. Do some damn research

Latest Presidential Polls: Obama Holds insurmountable Lead in the Electoral College
it not bullshit and what evidence do have to say that i am fooling anyone. Look he doing well in electioal college. i

read loads of stuff. real clear politic, bbc news, usa today, washington post, larry saborto crystal ball, gallup and many more. they present a varied picture but as i told you i am just a natural worrier. I try to look as thing as honestly as i see them.

why the hell would i want dem enthusueum to go down. i want it to go up. So go away with your false lies about me not wanting him to do well

i do damm research . i look at polls all the time. i read newspapers.

their no need to be abusive. i won,t take that from anyone on the left or right ok.

don,t put me into a box.

obama didn't stop Romney's momentum. That's why Romney has pulled ahead of the margin of error. What obama did was stop his base from bellyaching. Once the base got thrown a bone, they were freed up to approach the election with their normal group think and imagine that obama has broken Romney's momentum. Among liberals, Romney never had momentum. Liberals were losing confidence in obama. That confidence has been restored, but it has nothing to do with the general public.
well ok and i don,t doubt that president turned up tuesday. if the guy now abusing me bothered read my posts beforehand he would have seen i was giving president all sort of advice of what to do in the debate

why would i do that if i wanted him to lose. just stupid thing to say.

that is a fact

Really? I can understand how some one can be liberal or conservative on a particular issue, but how can any thinking person be a liberal or conservative on all issues? I'm going to vote for Romney because I feel confident he will do a better job in reviving our economy and strengthening our foreign policy, but if same sex marriage were on the ballot I would vote for it, so I guess I'm a liberal on that issue, but I oppose the courts making this decision instead of legislatures, so I'm a conservative on the same issue. I just don't see how any thinking person, and you seem to be a thinking person, can consider himself/herself a liberal or conservative on all issues.

that is a fact

Really? I can understand how some one can be liberal or conservative on a particular issue, but how can any thinking person be a liberal or conservative on all issues? I'm going to vote for Romney because I feel confident he will do a better job in reviving our economy and strengthening our foreign policy, but if same sex marriage were on the ballot I would vote for it, so I guess I'm a liberal on that issue, but I oppose the courts making this decision instead of legislatures, so I'm a conservative on the same issue. I just don't see how any thinking person, and you seem to be a thinking person, can consider himself/herself a liberal or conservative on all issues.
you make a fair point. what i mean is i am liberal progressive on most issues therefore my view closer to obama then they are romney.

i am conservative on thing like crime and cutting welfare from bit. but i am mostly liberal in term of gay marrige, equal right in the work place, pro choice, belief in public sector, not going into war without no good reason.

But you make a good point and i think above explained i am mostly liberal but have some conservative view on few issues. but my view closer to obama then romney

that is a fact

it not bullshit and what evidence do have to say that i am fooling anyone. Look he doing well in electioal college. i

read loads of stuff. real clear politic, bbc news, usa today, washington post, larry saborto crystal ball, gallup and many more. they present a varied picture but as i told you i am just a natural worrier. I try to look as thing as honestly as i see them.

why the hell would i want dem enthusueum to go down. i want it to go up. So go away with your false lies about me not wanting him to do well

i do damm research . i look at polls all the time. i read newspapers.

their no need to be abusive. i won,t take that from anyone on the left or right ok.

don,t put me into a box.

All you have done since I have been on here is try to tell me how Obama cant win. I then showed you evidence that he can and will. You then come back with flimsy ideas about no way can he win. So what is it? Do you want me to start saying miit the dick will win OH or something? Is that you're game?

Forum List

Back